Your most hated healing myths!

90 Tauren Druid
What are your most hated healing myths? My least favorite is:

"Healers who go oom are bad!" - no. Going oom is good. It's going oom at the right time that matters. Oom 50% into the fight is probably not the best thing. oom just as the fight ends = perfect use of mana.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
hps is the only thing that matters
Edited by Jarshie on 3/22/2013 7:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

Good call!
Reply Quote
You can't heal that dungeon as elemental.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Our raid leader calling for cds on Megaera after two wipes.

TWO WIPES

We didnt even have our mana regen 100% down before they complain about our rotation. You pew pew and let me heal KK?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
"No one died, who cares how I was healing".

I HATE HATE HATE that.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Spirit > Everything
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
1. I hate it when raid leaders find it necessary to call out when someone is low health. That is my job. Let me do it.

2."I died so it must have been because I didnt get heals"
<-Looks at logs and the dps took large melee hit or stood in the fire.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
you can heal me through anything

(or at least should be able to)
Edited by Erdriel on 3/22/2013 10:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Class X is bad this tier.

Riôt
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
03/22/2013 07:31 AMPosted by Mòòfaza
"Healers who go oom are bad!" - no. Going oom is good. It's going oom at the right time that matters. Oom 50% into the fight is probably not the best thing. oom just as the fight ends = perfect use of mana.

I agree wholeheartedly. I would always burn off truly excess mana when I was confident enough.

To add to that, if a healer does go OOM 50% into the fight, it doesn't always necessarily mean they are bad. Sometimes healers are "forced" to use more inefficient heals despite their best efforts to stay efficient just to keep the group alive through grievous damage or errors. It means they gave it all they could. This might be bordering on what Dmassey mentioned, but this is all too common with initial pulls on new boss fights when damage is smoothing out.

Edit: Typos.
Edited by Aurinaux on 3/22/2013 11:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
You are a healer you are not supposed to dps.

inb4 disc priests and fistweavers.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
You are a healer you are not supposed to dps.

Yeah, I got hit with this one.

What made it even more funny was that I was consistently 2nd on the dps meter the whole instance. Then I topped 1st on the last boss. So yeah, good times.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It's a healers job to heal through stupid.

No sorry, while yes, in some cases I can heal you through the fire you are standing in. However, if I see that you just stay in it, and make no attempt to move from it. Enjoy your durability hit.

Also, I'm lvling a priest and druid right now, and queue as dps/healer (both have a healing offspec too, but main spec is boom/shadow). "You can't heal as dps!" Uh.. these lvling instances are so easy, most of the time I can just DPS, and not even bother healing at all. Also there are those glyphs for both classes that let me heal in my DPS form, which are super nice.
Edited by Ihwaz on 3/22/2013 1:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest

oom just as the fight ends = perfect use of mana.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
You can't heal that dungeon as elemental.
conductivity ftw
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
"Lol you don't need that much spirit!" Okay, when I'm spamming my !@# off and still at half mana while you run on fumes halfway through a fight, say it again. <3
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
"Keep the tanks up!"

Oh really???? Cause I was just gonna kinda go take a break, maybe alt tab out and check my email. But if you TELL ME to keep the tanks up then I guess I should probably heal them. Oh wait, thats what Ive been doing this whole time!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Heal is an efficient spell.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]