Your most hated healing myths!

90 Pandaren Monk
Uh, you've never beaten me.

*actually*, I beat you on Shek 3 weeks ago and I *think* there was a Magaera attempt I healed once where I beat you. And now that we've carried your sorry butt through normals and you have 20 ilvls on me, I can just say its all GEAR!

:P
Edited by Ramayana on 4/8/2013 1:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
You are a healer you are not supposed to dps.

*cough* fistweavers or atonement healing.

But otherwise this is a true statement.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I don't think it can be said too many times:

"Big heals on tank!"

I realize this isn't a myth but apparently whoever is calling it out believes that the heals are not going to send said big heals.
Edited by Kuzil on 4/8/2013 8:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest

"Big heals on tank!"

I realize this isn't a myth but apparently whoever is calling it out believes that the heals are not going to send said big heals.

I always wait for Vent instructions before I cast any big heals. Don't you?
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
04/08/2013 01:41 AMPosted by Ramayana
*actually*, I beat you on Shek 3 weeks ago and I *think* there was a Magaera attempt I healed once where I beat you.

The only time you've ever healed Megaera was in LFR.

Also, Shek was Disc Priest vs. Resto Shaman. Don't think it's necessary to explain what happened there.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Also, Shek was Disc Priest vs. Resto Shaman. Don't think it's necessary to explain what happened there.

No, there was definitely a Monk/Pally Shek kill a few weeks back. Remember, you got stuck in *all* the silence zones in p1? :P
Edited by Ramayana on 4/8/2013 9:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
35 Blood Elf Priest

"Big heals on tank!"

Usually the reasoning why that is said is because the tank is going to be taking a ton of damage and will need big heals/cooldowns to survive.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Usually the reasoning why that is said is because the tank is going to be taking a ton of damage and will need big heals/cooldowns to survive.

Yes. I definitely needed that to be called out, because I turned my monitor off to save power. I also turned off DBM/BigWigs sound alerts and am relying entirely on Vent instructions.

I especially appreciate the way the Vent latency means the instruction arrives after I would already have cast the heal if I were, you know, actually looking at or listening to the game.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
04/07/2013 05:25 AMPosted by Ramayana
The problem with the Wrath model (nearly infinite healer resources) was that it reduced spell choice.

What reduced spell choice was, you know, not having spells to choose from.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
Disc priests who only atonement heal, top meters, and expect praise piss me off. Snipe heals on the dps who stood in fire <important, targeted, life saving heal on someone not being stupid.

But hey, meter !@#$%s will be meter ^-*!@s, eh?

And of course the classics, "heal me" or "big heals on tank!"
Edited by Rauri on 4/8/2013 2:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
No, there was definitely a Monk/Pally Shek kill a few weeks back. Remember, you got stuck in *all* the silence zones in p1? :P

Yeah but I destroyed you on that one.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Spirit > Everything

Shamans (aka mana batteries) say "what?"
Edited by Kuzil on 4/17/2013 7:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Shamans are only useful every 3 minutes
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Healers will continue too follow the tank even when someone is dead. Wrong, I stop for dead body and you pull 3 groups, cuss me out and leave xoxo
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
04/17/2013 07:34 AMPosted by Kuzil
Spirit > Everything

Shamans (aka mana batteries) say "what?"

Shut up and totem.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
rez please. WALK THE F IN WITH EVERYONE ELSE.

I run in with my speed of light and I'm still slow as hell. GEEZZZZZ
Reply Quote
*tank dies in Scarlet Cathedral*
"worst healing ever'
"well, when you pull 8-10 mobs then proceed to constantly move around causing god knows how many LoS error's, I think it's necessary to call you the worst tank ever."

>_> I am not god, I can make miracles occur occasionally, but at some peoples level of intelligence, it's hard...very very hard. :(
Reply Quote
"I'm gonna drop group, because if the healer is outdpsing us that means she isn't watching healthbars" (while everyone was over 90%)

"heal me" or "big heals on tank!"

Or when someone calls for dispels... even when the debuff is actually on me. Like I'm an idiot and didn't see that before they did. Yes - i hate being given directions by other people on how to play my class, especially when I don't see any personal cooldowns being used on their side.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
It doesn't matter how many groups the tank pulls. If you can't keep him up, it's your fault.

-every random ever
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Battleground scoreboard showing who is "good". Yes, I realize the shaman is "out healing" me a ton, but maybe you didn't notice I buttered you all up with SS before the initial rush, peppered PW:S after I did that. No? Yeah. Figured.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]