Your most hated healing myths!

90 Troll Priest
It's the healers faults that Tsulong's health is going down.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Healing is just whack-a-mole on a healing addon
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
"You can heal me if I pull an entire room of mobs, right?"

I actually had that once.

My personal favorite in Cata:

Warrior "tank" zones in in full crafted pvp gear in H Throne. Proceeds to pull the entire first pack in the first room without CC. Dies in literally two hits.

Me finally inspecting him: "Why are you not in tank gear?"

Him: "This IS my tank gear- you're just a bad healer."

Yeah, we booted him and got a real tank.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
"Heal big healers or we need heals now"! In a raid ...why do you think I am doing - standing around looking pretty? I say something now - no matter what you think I do not heal blind and am able to see who need heals and what damage is going out.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
03/22/2013 07:36 AMPosted by Jarshie
hps is the only thing that matters

03/22/2013 11:37 AMPosted by Riôt
Class X is bad this tier.

These usually turn out to be the same thing. (Understanding which class, if any, is genuinely bad this tier is hard, but understanding which one is low on meters is easy.) Then people who say this also complain when GC tweets that hps is a bad way to measure healers. Because clearly they must understand healer balance better than GC, right? I mean, they've thought about it for a whole five minutes while looking at some parse aggregator.

This gets especially stupid and annoying when the hps numbers are distorted by fights where outgearing a fight/performing all the mechanics perfectly makes shields the only things that show up on meters and shaman mastery and HoTs look useless. If you needed more heals, you'd be getting them, but that doesn't stop either the meter competitors or the meter watchers from judging. Poorly.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

If the tanks have a thread like this, people who think that you must have tons of dodge/parry/block on your gear to be a good tank are surely near the top.

Not saying you personally don't know what gear is good for tanks in MoP, but it's not nearly as obvious as it used to be.

Although your anecdote is from a Cata dungeon, so maybe it happened in 4.x?

Another one suggested by your post though: "People who don't outgear content can pull whole rooms just like people who do outgear the content. If this doesn't work, it's the healer's fault."

More generally, anything that doesn't work is usually blamed on the tank first, then the healer. But if it's the tank that is looking for someone to blame, then they have to start with the healer or admit it's their own screwup. Guess which one is more common.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Ive never played Shaman, but your supposed to use Glyph of Riptide.

I had this said to me once. I nearly did a true facedesk when I read it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Oh boy do I hate people who stand in the flames and complain about not getting heals <3 oh wait, I actually love when people blame me as a healer for that because I get to put their !@# on blast for being a retard and continue to stand in flames >.<
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
'That resto druids are in a bad place'
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
"Monks are hard to play."
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Our raid leader calling for cds on Megaera after two wipes.

TWO WIPES

We didnt even have our mana regen 100% down before they complain about our rotation. You pew pew and let me heal KK?

As a raid leader and healer I can fully tell you that any major raid cd is mine to call for at any time. And if you don't have it up because you used it a bad time, I'm not going to be happy with you (especially if you don't call it out).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
ONE
"You aren't geared enough to heal this."

Healers need the least gear in a raid :/ If I can't heal a fight in current-tier gear, be it LFR or Normal, be the fight Normal or Heroic, people are being bad.

"Great heals Moret!"

No. I'm bad. Stop thinking I'm good.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Our raid leader calling for cds on Megaera after two wipes.

TWO WIPES

We didnt even have our mana regen 100% down before they complain about our rotation. You pew pew and let me heal KK?

As a raid leader and healer I can fully tell you that any major raid cd is mine to call for at any time. And if you don't have it up because you used it a bad time, I'm not going to be happy with you (especially if you don't call it out).

Totally agree with Isuldur on all points (Raid Leader also).

Myth I hate the most is "you can't heal through stupid."

Yes you can if you want to, there are limits, but not trying makes you a bad healer.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Spirit > Everything

Actually, this is true to a point. It's mostly just an issue of how comfortable you are with your regen. I personally find myself struggling for spirit.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
03/24/2013 11:16 AMPosted by Calonderiel

If the tanks have a thread like this, people who think that you must have tons of dodge/parry/block on your gear to be a good tank are surely near the top.

Not saying you personally don't know what gear is good for tanks in MoP, but it's not nearly as obvious as it used to be.

Although your anecdote is from a Cata dungeon, so maybe it happened in 4.x?

Another one suggested by your post though: "People who don't outgear content can pull whole rooms just like people who do outgear the content. If this doesn't work, it's the healer's fault."

More generally, anything that doesn't work is usually blamed on the tank first, then the healer. But if it's the tank that is looking for someone to blame, then they have to start with the healer or admit it's their own screwup. Guess which one is more common.

Instead of admitting the mistake was his, he tried to put all the blame on me. Even the dpsers agreed- it wasn't my fault.

The pvp crafted Cata set was HORRIBLE for plate tanks in Cata- even during the MoP patch. Unike this expac in which the pvp stats don't eat into the item budget. Druids work a bit differently stat wise so the pvp crafteds weren't AS bad for them.

I still would had noticed if he was actually using CC instead of acting like it was a Wrath dungeon. The higher tier level pvp armor (certain pieces) were okay- but the crafted set: nope.

I don't complain about pvp gear this expac because it doesn't eat the item budget (just depends on the piece now).
Edited by Jujubiju on 3/24/2013 4:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

On the other hand, as a raid leader and healer, I expect my healers to use their own judgment on raid CDs until a rotation is posted. In the absence of other instructions, I want CDs used freely and as aggressively as possible.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
03/24/2013 05:41 PMPosted by Kaels

On the other hand, as a raid leader and healer, I expect my healers to use their own judgment on raid CDs until a rotation is posted. In the absence of other instructions, I want CDs used freely and as aggressively as possible.

Whereas with me, it really just depends on the fight.

In MV, Stone Guard's about the only one I'll ask them to save their big cool downs for (when it's burst damage). Same with Elegon (which we are still attempting). First boss in HoF, I try to have my shammy time his HTT out to where it will be available when we get to the final phase.

Otherwise I let them make their own decisions on when to use their cooldowns.

Though it's gotten to the point in which they know when to use them.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
There...really shouldn't be a lot of burst damage on Stone Guard. Your group is probably taking a lot of unnecessary mine/chain damage, or your tanks are handling swaps improperly.
Edited by Dysrhythmia on 3/24/2013 7:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Spirit > Everything

Entirely depends on the class and level of gear. :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
03/24/2013 05:41 PMPosted by Kaels

Doing that just wastes the cd to overhealing most of the time. I'm not saying that there isn't a place for it, but on fights like Tortos, Megaera, Iron Qon, and Jin'rokh having rotations so that you don't exhaust them all early (and then not have them for later) is the difference between a kill and a wipe.

Further, raid cds are very strong hps and very efficient hpm, so if you don't use your cds to their full potential, it costs everyone more mana.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]