Shadow Word: Devouring Pizza

90 Undead Priest
Welcome to the latest Shadow Word: Discussion thread! In an attempt to keep threads from being deleted, we've been following in the footsteps of the Sentry Totem and Mangle: Bear (for those who don't know, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/969937219#3 explains what I'm talking about) and making one thread that will last until cap.

The archive for the Shadow Word: Threads is here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3123313812

To keep this thread from being locked or deleted, here are a few basic guidelines:

1. Everyone is welcome. Newbies, oldbies, lowbies, mains, alts, bank alts, non-priest alts. Everyone. As long as you're here to join a priest-based discussion, you're welcome.

2. Keep it civil, if not friendly. If you can't manage that, please stay out of the thread. We don't need or want drama. If you just got out of a heated discussion with someone, leave it at the door. Along the same vein, avoid badmouthing others in this thread.

3. This is as much priests talking to priests as it is priests talking about priests. I firmly believe our community is one of, if not the most welcoming on the forums. I'd like to learn more about the community on an individual level because of this. Both the Mangle: Bear and Sentry Totem series derail after the first few pages of each thread; I think this is fine.

4. Don't feed the trolls. If people make threads to complain about our discussion thread, just ignore them. If you must post, make a reasonable post explaining the benefits of community threads and leave it at that. Otherwise, we gain nothing and just make ourselves look bad to the moderators.

5. Can't get enough of the Priest community? Join us on IRC or in Vent!

6. Why aren't you in IRC yet? Gosh.

Vent info:
teamlights

IRC info:
irc.p2p-network.net
#powerword

Erebos it's sooooo good to see you back to the way you started posting! :D I missed seeing undead you running around. ^_^ http://i.imgur.com/gY2rctp.png

I think you have me confused with someone else D:

BUT I WILL ACCEPT YOUR FAMILIARITY AND ACCEPT IT AS FRIENDSHIP

Question of the topic: How long have you personally been apart of this thread? What influence, if any, did it have upon your involvement in either the class or the community?
Edited by Erebos on 3/22/2013 9:16 AM PDT
100 Tauren Priest
Need to put in a priest related question on the first post.
90 Human Priest
Back to back SW threads

I approve

You forgot the question/topic though.

Edit: Damn! Rap beat me by 27 seconds :(
Edited by Woaden on 3/22/2013 9:05 AM PDT
100 Tauren Priest
Edit: Damn! Rap beat me by 27 seconds :(

/sunglasses.

Trying to stave off the panic attack that is building up inside me cause I know that when you have to fast to go to a doctors appoitment they are gonna draw blood and I have no Xanax to calm me down and I'm getting more freaked out by the minute.

I'm gonna try and blare my ipod and sing during the process see if it helps.
90 Undead Priest
My apologies. Not used to creating. Hope the question is satisfactory :o

I EXPECT ESSAYS xD
90 Human Priest
I've gotten... well better and worse with needles

If it's just a blood draw I can look completely away and be mostly ok. I usually like hum to myself or something as well. The nurses usually get a worried look and ask "are you ok?" like I'm going to really freak out on them. MAYBE I just don't want to see it coming and try to distract myself from the what's about to/happening.
100 Goblin Priest
I've been involved in this thread since I clicked on it a few seconds ago. It has had no positive influences on me or the community.

Q: Why do we have polls?
A: No reason at all.
90 Human Priest
needles? noodles?
100 Tauren Priest
Question of the topic: How long have you personally been apart of this thread? What influence, if any, did it have upon your involvement in either the class or the community?

Don't know, maybe 3 months before the @day threads kept getting deleted so they changes to a long 26 page cap thread.

I left for a bit cause it got a bit catty at one point at the end of cata, then came back and AM HERE!

I get bored sometimes playing wow so seeing this in the priest forums justifys having my priest as my main.

If it's just a blood draw I can look completely away and be mostly ok. I usually like hum to myself or something as well. The nurses usually get a worried look and ask "are you ok?" like I'm going to really freak out on them. MAYBE I just don't want to see it coming and try to distract myself from the what's about to/happening.

I have in the history of hatred for needles,
1. Kicked and bitten nurses
2. Tried running out of the building before my dad would catch me throw me over his shoulder and then hold me down
3. Been restrained by 2 other nurses while a third draws.
4. Screamed like I am being tortured.
5. Hyperventilated close to passing out.
6. Said every swear word I know and cursed the nurses mothers.

It's very hard to control yourself during a panic attack because all rational and reason is lost in the moment of pure terror.

I EXPECT ESSAYS xD

Next time you create the new thread, you should ask something about priest lore or something along those lines. I write novels about certain subjects. XD It's almost sad.

Almost.

I actually don't post a lot in this discussion-esque thread. Occasionally I'll write something that I consider valuable but most of the time I go off on other threads debating with people. Perhaps I'll get more into it as time goes on and I have a more "solid" place in le priestly community.

Also: I'm still disappointed that you didn't race-change into a fridge, Erebos. Fridges are master race.
100 Goblin Priest
Speaking of fridges, I miss Div.
I have in the history of hatred for needles,
1. Kicked and bitten nurses
2. Tried running out of the building before my dad would catch me throw me over his shoulder and then hold me down
3. Been restrained by 2 other nurses while a third draws.
4. Screamed like I am being tortured.
5. Hyperventilated close to passing out.
6. Said every swear word I know and cursed the nurses mothers.

It's very hard to control yourself during a panic attack because all rational and reason is lost in the moment of pure terror.

The worst incident with needles I ever had was running around the room and grasping my Matka like a terrified infant. Drawing blood is still horrible, but I was diagnosed with type 1 Diabetes so I'm used to shots now.

It's actually pretty fun to check my blood sugar and give myself insulin shots in front of others because they just freak out. :3
90 Human Priest
i'm not afraid of needles.
95 Blood Elf Priest
I <3 needles http://tinypic.com/r/2dlog3c/6
90 Undead Priest
Haha, if I was going Alliance I would be a human (or worgen I guess) in a heartbeat. But I don't want to pay to faction+server change again (Mug'thol alliance is practically dead). Besides, I like DA a lot :>

@Rap oh geez :<

I don't have a problem with needles, so long as they are normal needles. Thankfully I've never had one of those giant needles that threaten to suck your very soul out.

That being said, once when I was in elementary school I had a bit of a panic attack when I went in for hernia surgery (yes, hernia surgery in the 5th grade. Like a boss) and they started putting me under. Started punching and kicking. I regret it now, and wish I could apologize. I doubt it is the worst they have seen though *chuckles*. I just hated the feeling of being put to sleep. Felt like dying, somehow.

Similarly, I have always pushed off going to bed as long as possible, ever since I was a tot (according to my mother). I guess I used to force myself awake repeatedly to avoid drifting off (and more so than a child usually would)
That being said, once when I was in elementary school I had a bit of a panic attack when I went in for hernia surgery (yes, hernia surgery in the 5th grade. Like a boss) and they started putting me under. Started punching and kicking. I regret it now, and wish I could apologize. I doubt it is the worst they have seen though *chuckles*. I just hated the feeling of being put to sleep. Felt like dying, somehow.

I had surgery when I was about 5 or 6 and I was terrified. I actually didn't know what the weird stuff I was breathing in was, and I just decided while lying there, "Eh, I'm-a take a nap while I wait for these guys to hurry up." So I did, and just sat there listening to them talk while daydreaming, and decided "Well, time to wake up." When I found out they performed the surgery while I was "napping"...

So much faith in Humanity restored. Moj Bogowie.
90 Human Priest
03/22/2013 09:37 AMPosted by Erebos
hernia surgery in the 5th grade.

you can't beat me inguinal 8 months old.

then other side at 8 years old.

ALWAYS SOMEONE BETTER THAN YOU ON THE INTERNET AND DON'T YOU FORGET IT.

E: Always thought being an anesthesiologist would be funny. The drip is the best. I had an internal echo-cardiogram and around 10am the sleepdoc was all "ok, i'm gonna start the drip now" and immediately I thought "hm... my head feels funny..." then I suddenly started awake and it was 11:30am.
Edited by Tsilyi on 3/22/2013 9:45 AM PDT
90 Human Priest
I think it started when I got those shots in my thighs when I was like 5. One in each thigh and I wasn't having it. Took 5 people to hold me down while they did it.

I'm aware.
90 Human Priest
I think I'm not afraid of needles because of all the surgeries all my life.
90 Human Priest
ALWAYS SOMEONE BETTER THAN YOU ON THE INTERNET AND DON'T YOU FORGET IT.

Spinal Meningitis @ 6 months

/flex
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]