WW Monk 2s viable?

So I'm doing 2s with a rogue. Feel like most of the time I'm in a cc or about to be in a cc. Is it even worth trying to do 2s as a ww or what? I've looked up all the things I should do and talents that are suppose to be good even ring of peace seems like a wasted talent in most fights . The only time I get to move is if they are on my team mate or are bad.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
WW/MW is a hilarious 2s comp. RoP into RoP into Grapple Weapon into Grapple weapon.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
WW/MW is a terrible 2s comp and you should feel terrible for playing it. RoP into RoP into Grapple Weapon into Grapple weapon.
Reply Quote
WW/MW is a hilarious 2s comp. RoP into RoP into Grapple Weapon into Grapple weapon.

Because every team you play in 2s is weapon based?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
Rogue isn't the best option to do arenas with, as both classes rely on a lot of stuns, and paralysis and sap both share DR.
Reply Quote
Rogue isn't the best option to do arenas with, as both classes rely on a lot of stuns, and paralysis and sap both share DR.

Well my thought is I need a healer and yah idk. Would a resto shaman be something viable?
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Only lame people play dps/healer comps in 2s though.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight

Maybe some of us like to live against dps zerg teams. Or live through a CC chain.

Besides healers need points too.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
No one likes dk/healer teams though.
Reply Quote

Idk it's pretty lame to be ccd to death without a healer.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
WW/Disc collect points.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
WW/Disc collect points.

all you post is _____ collect points

regardless, everything works in 2's... there's nothing bad.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
regardless, everything works in 2's... there's nothing bad.

double blood dk

double survival hunter
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
I've played with all flavors of disc priest from very bad to very good and ... ww + disc is a very good comp in 2's. So far, I have rarely lost a 2's game to anything but a tie -long games yeah.

And, with a disc priest, when we win it seems to be a win based on the enemy teams mistake (sub 1700 bracket, so lots of mistakes) OR on mind control so I can get a good long time dpsing my target.

Mind control - what can I say other than lol it is ridiculous from my perspective. Enemy healer mc'd across the map or off a bridge .... I have yet to be on the receiving end but I think I would be complaining if I were them.

But don't take my word for it. I'm a pretty average arena player. All I know is when I play with priests who talent into MC, games are won a lot faster.

... As far as MW monks go, I don't know what tricks they have but I do know they don't make good kill targets. I also know, healers in general don't make good kill targets for me in 2v2. I have no burst at all so it's not like I'm going to pwn them in a cc or anything. BUT. When there is a MW healer on the enemy team, I do consider killing them first. It seems MW's think they can kite a fellow monk but really they can't since I have just as many gap closers as they do. Sometimes I'm successful, other times I win because of the priests mind control.
Edited by Ouchi on 3/22/2013 9:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
ww is amazing at 2v2
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]