NEW 5.3 PVP GEAR CHANGES

90 Troll Rogue
All characters now have a base Resilience of 65%.

Resilience has been removed from most PvP gear.

Season 13 Tyrannical gear had their item levels increased to ilevel 496, up from ilevel 493.

Season 13 Tyrannical Elite gear had their item levels decreased to ilevel 496, down from ilevel 512.

Battlegrounds, Rated Battlegrounds, and Arenas now have an ilevel cap. All gear will be scaled down to ilevel 496.

Discuss
Reply Quote
KOOL
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
yeah kinda makes no sense at all because now why would you even take pvp gear over the pve gear if it doesnt even have resilience on the pvp gear to begin with....
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
@_@ HOLY !@#$
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
This is just what you think should happen.. right? RIGHT?!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
This is really interesting. They still need to address the fact that the 2nd pvp trinket choices aren't optimal for many specs. If they don't I will be going to LFR and using a 496 scaled down Voodoo Gnome for my Arenas.

This solves the issue of wanting PVE pieces because of the extra Int / Agi / Str so good on blizz.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Is this a joke?

Oh. Let me see if there's a method to the madness.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
5.3.0.2 Hotfix.

Base resilience has been reduced to 40% and resilience added back into Tyrannical so people stop bring 541 PvE into arena.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Odd
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
All characters now have a base Resilience of 65%.

very very nice for low lvl pvpbut healers might be even more OP

yeah kinda makes no sense at all because now why would you even take pvp gear over the pve gear if it doesnt even have resilience on the pvp gear to begin with....

Battlegrounds, Rated Battlegrounds, and Arenas now have an ilevel cap. All gear will be scaled down to ilevel 496.

i think that addresses it. pve gear will become weaker in pvp i believe. arent they all in the 500s?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
5.3.0.2 Hotfix.

Base resilience has been reduced to 40% and resilience added back into Tyrannical so people stop bring 541 PvE into arena.

"Battlegrounds, Rated Battlegrounds, and Arenas now have an ilevel cap. All gear will be scaled down to ilevel 496"
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Pvp Item Upgrades

•Malevolent Gladiator’s Conquest (Season 12) items that have upgrades available are still upgradable at their original costs.

•Dreadful Gladiator’s Honor (Season 12) items that have upgrades available are still upgradable at their original costs.

•No other PvP items are upgradable.

and it looks like no more upgrades in pvp huraah!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
With no PvP Power on PvE gear, this will kill using PvE gear outside of many trinkets, in PvP at all.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Paladin
-rogues and mages have been deleted from the game, to make it more enjoyable for everyone else
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock

PvP power.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
This may open the possibility of players taking tier sets to take advantage of superior set bonuses. This would be particularly attractive to RBG FCs, as PVP power isn't important to them, resilience won't be on gear anymore, and no PVP sets are tailored for flag carriers.

I'll take a look, but as an example, the T14 set gives warlocks 40 seconds off the cooldown of dark soul, which is pretty huge.

Also, PVP weapons are already past ilevel 496. That's kind of odd, but I guess it means that weapons are no longer an excuse.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
03/22/2013 06:06 PMPosted by Snookypoo

Any point getting gear then?
Reply Quote
1 Troll Priest
03/22/2013 06:24 PMPosted by Nyz

Any point getting gear then?

why wouldn't you? it has an ilevel cap of 496, i don't think this means all gear is auto 496, you can still be UNDER the 496 level.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
This just seems like a bad idea....
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]