NEW 5.3 PVP GEAR CHANGES

90 Undead Mage
Thank god.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
PvP power.

i dont know aboout your class but for dk id rather have the 540+ ilvl's worth of str than a 496 ilvl's pvp power
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
03/22/2013 06:28 PMPosted by Skërge
PvP power.

i dont know aboout your class but for dk id rather have the 540+ ilvl's worth of str than a 496 ilvl's pvp power

Read the post, the pve gear scales down to the same level as the pvp gear.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Please...please....PLEASE
tell me this is a !@#$ing joke

welp guess no more resil stacking... sigh
Edited by Jaosix on 3/22/2013 6:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
Read the post, the pve gear scales down to the same level as the pvp gear.

well i guess this is gonna make things pretty damn interesting cuz some of those higher lvl items still have sockets on them tho. Guess we just gonna have to wait and see.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
This may open the possibility of players taking tier sets to take advantage of superior set bonuses. This would be particularly attractive to RBG FCs, as PVP power isn't important to them, resilience won't be on gear anymore, and no PVP sets are tailored for flag carriers.

I'll take a look, but as an example, the T14 set gives warlocks 40 seconds off the cooldown of dark soul, which is pretty huge.

Also, PVP weapons are already past ilevel 496. That's kind of odd, but I guess it means that weapons are no longer an excuse.

Impossible. Pvp Power is still going to be exclusive to PvP gear and while the weight of the stat may vary between specs, it is very relevant to each class. Pvp Power will still be free on the items stat budget so Pvp gear will essentially be a good deal higher in true item level compared to any pve piece. The only exception might be trinket slots.
Edited by Snookypoo on 3/22/2013 6:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage

Doesn't mention gems.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Correct me if im wrong but...can't you just stack pve trinkets like that caster crit thing now?

Cause you don't lose resil and you gain an !@#$ing epic ability
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Paladin
haha @ people thinking s13 elite would give them an edge

your points are useless now
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Paladin
2/2 malevolent is 491

theres no reason to grind for elite at all now

including weapons

ty blizz
Edited by Aeliel on 3/22/2013 6:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
91 Human Mage
haha @ people thinking s13 elite would give them an edge

your points are useless now

these are coming in 5.3 though, so people will have elite before it gets scaled down with the patch

right?
Are you being sarcastic or actually taking him seriously
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
TMO

Resil gems should still be a thing. After all, they already exist, you can't just get rid of them overnight. Spell penetration took an expansion to be removed, but it was replaced by PVP power on gems.

Anyways, since PVP set bonuses include +1000 resil and +500 power, tier set bonuses should not be seen in play.

However, with the removal of resil on gear, PVE offpieces with sockets in them will be unquestionably superior to their PVP counterparts that don't have sockets in them unless they decide to get rid of resil/power gems.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Paladin
well I can level alts for fun now, considering my 498 weapon is the best thing available for the rest of the season.

yay, no more grind
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
YESH NO MORE RBGS =D
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
these are coming in 5.3 though, so people will have elite before it gets scaled down with the patch

right?

Depends on how soon 5.3 comes.
Reply Quote
62 Blood Elf Death Knight

Base resil is 65%, resil is not being removed from all the gear available, you can also gem resil.

If you have full 496 nothing changes for you, if you have heroic pve gear then your gear is scaled down.

PvP power still makes PvP gear the best option and I believe with resil being available on off pieces it will make PvP trinkets etc better.

I think the only problem that hasn't been addressed is incentive. Currently for 2200 players there is an enchant that is useless for everyone bar duel wield classes. Since we are not sure if elite gear will just be a cosmetic change and further the fact that it has no rating requirements really leaves nothing for players to strive for bar rating.
Edited by Anloran on 3/22/2013 6:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]