NEW 5.3 PVP GEAR CHANGES

90 Draenei Death Knight
Interesting. It's definitely a buff for undergeared 90s who are just starting PvP.

I wonder if this is meant to reduce burst or just help undergeared alts from getting one shotted?
Reply Quote
82 Human Death Knight
So...
No more resilience on gear. still PvP power...

Are healers going to be like paper in rbg's? What do you think...
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Paladin
cant wait to get my legendary weapon this xpac

maybe
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Mage
Will you morons realize you can still GEM and ENCHANT resil. Thank you
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
So...
No more resilience on gear. still PvP power...

Are healers going to be like paper in rbg's? What do you think...

with base 65% resil + gems still intact.... ppl will probably end up with more resil overall
Reply Quote
62 Blood Elf Death Knight
Will you morons realize you can still GEM and ENCHANT resil. Thank you

I know and it's not being removed from all gear anyway, I swear half the people discussing these changes cant read lol.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Death Knight
03/22/2013 06:24 PMPosted by Nyz
Battlegrounds, Rated Battlegrounds, and Arenas now have an ilevel cap. All gear will be scaled down to ilevel 496.

Any point getting gear then?

... Yes.

PvP gear with an iLevel of 496 will be the best gear it is possible to have.

If PvP power still exists and is still a free stat (and all signs point to this being so), then PvE gear with a higher iLevel will be awful and useless.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
April Fool's is coming soon, and 5.2 was just released not too long ago.

I smell trickery.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Pretty nice change if it goes through (I'm usually guilty of abusing heroic pve gear)
Can actually step into arena in pve gear and do *somewhat* ok.
If there isn't any resil on offpieces, pve stuff will still be amazing though. eg: Soul Prism of Lei-Shen gemmed with resil.
Edited by Bright on 3/22/2013 7:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I'm normally a fan of ideas that result in a more level playing field in PvP, but this seems like a really really bad solution to this problem. They already took away a lot of the reason to push rating in 5.2, and now they are reducing it to almost nothing other than titles. I've played a lot of characters and I kind of now think of the whole "My fresh max level alt gets destroyed in pvp while I grind for the gear to not get destroyed" as sort of a rite of passage, and this change essentially eliminates that.

I guess what I am getting at is pvp should be more accessible than it was, but I kind of feel like this makes it too easy to get into. Call me old fashioned.
Reply Quote
10 Blood Elf Paladin
yeeeee
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Pretty nice change if it goes through (I'm usually guilty of abusing heroic pve gear)
If there isn't any resil on offpieces, pve stuff will still be amazing though. eg: Soul Prism of Lei-Shen gemmed with resil.

Holy crap that neck has two sockets.

Is there a version for every class?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid

yes i healed you in a random. i was surprised you didnt even die once in full pve gear
Edited by Kitteykat on 3/22/2013 7:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Correct me if im wrong but...can't you just stack pve trinkets like that caster crit thing now?

Cause you don't lose resil and you gain an !@#$ing epic ability

These things have waaay reduced proc rates against players (even in PvE the proc rate can be ridiculously random).

I think people are missing the most important patch note here

"A blog with additional information and explanation for the reasoning behind PvP changes will be available very soon."
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Does the gear scaling work both ways, or do I still have to keep taking it in the !@# to try in gear my rogue?
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Does the gear scaling work both ways, or do I still have to keep taking it in the !@# to try in gear my rogue?

Nope.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
03/22/2013 07:10 PMPosted by Facespace

Nope.

Probably never will too. :(
Reply Quote
82 Human Death Knight
Everyone will have the same resilience, so its fair, right? Im not sure, since DPS will still have the pvp power on the gear, plus the gems.

Healers will be able to counter the pvp power using gems and enchants with resi, but will not be able to counter the pvp power on the gear of the DPS.

I dont know... lets see whats going to change on the next days... I'm just imagining healers being easily killed in rbg's this way.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
yes i healed you in a random. i was surprised you didnt even die once in full pve gear

Battlegrounds are a bit different, can pretty much avoid dmg altogether by playing the right way xD
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Ok so PvE or bust? Because no PvP stats on gear and you will get more stats/better itemization from PvE gear?

Cool Blizz.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]