NEW 5.3 PVP GEAR CHANGES

90 Night Elf Death Knight
Ok so PvE or bust? Because no PvP stats on gear and you will get more stats/better itemization from PvE gear?

Cool Blizz.

... It's the exact opposite. You don't get more stats on PvE gear. You get the same amount of stats, except no PvP power.

PvE items win out sometimes because they have a much higher iLevel than PvP gear. This... removes that.

Heroic raid PvE weapons: now useless. Same DPS as a PvP weapon. No PvP Power.

Heroic raid PvE trinkets: now useless. Scaled down to an iLevel lower than their raid finder version.

Raid-finder PvE trinkets: might still show up sometimes if their effect is insane enough. Beyond that, their iLevel will be busted down lower than a limbo stick at carnival time. And that's as low as limbo sticks get.
Edited by Sylassanna on 3/22/2013 7:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Does this mean i get to get destroyed by people in full pve gear in world pvp?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

Yes, probably.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Why don't they just keep the 512 elite Tyran =(

It will get scale down to 491 in arena/rbg, why don't let us use it in world pvp.
Edited by Llain on 3/22/2013 7:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
these changes are silly
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

really don't like this part of it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
They need to stop ruining pvp ilvls just because of pve.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
They did multiple things all at the same time:

- Globally increased survivability in PvP
- Made it easier to gear alts
- Reduced the already-low incentive to use PvE gear in PvP
- Completely removed the gear disparity between players that have been playing for a similar duration at different skill levels
- Made PvP much more based on skill rather than gear

In short, they addressed all of the issues we've been complaining about for years in one patch.
Edited by Ryiutiz on 3/22/2013 7:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
So....what you're saying is that you are going to completely negate the reason to get better gear for the purpose of PVP. This is probably the most extreme and inane decision I have ever heard Blizzard propose.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
So....what you're saying is that you are going to completely negate the reason to get better gear for the purpose of PVP. This is probably the most extreme and inane decision I have ever heard Blizzard propose.

Nope, gear doesn't scale up, it only scales down. Please take a few minutes of your time to use your eyes and brain like the other 20% in this thread and read through 99% of the posts here.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
03/22/2013 07:51 PMPosted by Syrelan
Nope, gear doesn't scale up, it only scales down
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
They did multiple things all at the same time:

- Globally increased survivability in PvP
- Made it easier to gear alts
- Reduced the already-low incentive to use PvE gear in PvP
- Completely removed the gear disparity between players that have been playing for a similar duration at different skill levels
- Made PvP much more based on skill rather than gear

In short, they addressed all of the issues we've been complaining about for years in one patch.

Yes but

Correct me if im wrong but...can't you just stack pve trinkets like that caster crit thing now?

Cause you don't lose resil and you gain an !@#$ing epic ability
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
It will only proc once every few mins in PvP, so no you wouldn't use it.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Correct me if im wrong but...can't you just stack pve trinkets like that caster crit thing now?

Cause you don't lose resil and you gain an !@#$ing epic ability

These things have waaay reduced proc rates against players (even in PvE the proc rate can be ridiculously random).

I think people are missing the most important patch note here

"A blog with additional information and explanation for the reasoning behind PvP changes will be available very soon."

Oh and the proc rate scales with ilvl, so it'll go down even further in pvp. I could be wrong about this though and it'll just use the proc rate of the lowest available type (LFR).
Edited by Prunie on 3/22/2013 8:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
It will only proc once every few mins in PvP, so no you wouldn't use it.

Ahh, gotchya

sweet ;3
Reply Quote
10 Blood Elf Paladin
stealth classes can game the rppm trinkets: they have a higher chance to proc when entering combat.

who excels at that kind of thing?

rogues. :)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Overall, the changes are good. However, removing resilience from PVP gear is unnecessary, and world PVP does matter to some of us.

Even if resilience were on the offpieces still, there would be exceptions such as this 2 socketed necklace http://www.wowhead.com/item=95816. That necklace can be gemmed to have more PVP power and resilience than the PVP item.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
stealth classes can game the rppm trinkets: they have a higher chance to proc when entering combat.

Sitting in stealth for 3+ minutes to get a trinket proc probably isn't in the best interest for your team.
Reply Quote
10 Blood Elf Paladin

Sitting in stealth for 3+ minutes to get a trinket proc probably isn't in the best interest for your team.

well, if you get restealths off, or vanish, odds at proccing the trinkets are pretty high

then again the only truly OP trinket is the caster one for 100% crit, so it shouldnt be a big deal :/
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]