Questions about Lightspring/Lightwell

100 Human Priest
I'm picking up Holy spec again, and I have some questions about how Lightspring/Lightwell works. Please help me out.

1. Can PvE mobs/boss kill the Lightspring?

I was in LFR tonight. There were a couple of cases where the Lightspring was gone, but my Lightspring spell was still on CD. I thought this would happen when its 15 charges were used up.

It was strange because I was in a really good group, that I was trying to find somebody to heal. I thought maybe I missed some big hits, but when I checked Recount, only 6 ticks of Lightspring Renew. So, the Lightspring was not used up when it disappeared.

Since these happened during Horridon and Council, and both fights had sand traps. I wonder if sand traps that spawn underneath the Lightspring would have killed it. Could that be possible?

2. The tooltip says, "...Attacks done to you equal to 30% of your total health will cancel the effect..."

In a heavy aoe damage phase, raid members are likely to be lower than 50% and healed by Lightspring. But it is also easy for me to get hit for 30% of my health within a short time. Does this mean in such a situation, Lightspring Renew would most likely not last the full duration?
Edited by Jesminia on 3/22/2013 9:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
1. If all the charges get used, it doesn't reset the CD. As far as I know, PvE mobs will not try to kill it.

2. Yes.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Mobs don't try to kill them, but on the odd occasion they can be hit by certain effects.
It's rare enough that I couldn't tell you which type of effect can destroy it.

The Lightwell Renew buff drops off the target when that player is hit for 30% of their health.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Thank you for the replies.

I was wondering whether or not to go for the next haste breakpoint for the extra tick on Lightsrping Renew, since I don't really use Renew and HW:Sanctuary in 25m. But now I don't think it's worth the trade off of losing mastery to get there.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I dropped one in a recent Raid and it was gone in a few seconds. If there is a lot for it to heal doesnt take long for it to be used up. I would say that it used all its charges.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]