Wheres the hub? (Rp-wise)

So where do we congregate? Please don't say the blue recluse... i was disappointed with the quantity and quality.
Edited by Papilon on 3/23/2013 12:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Troll Druid
Nowhere, exactly. We should, however, make a concentrated effort to amend this.

I enjoyed knowing I could pop into the blue recluse at any time for some RP.
Edited by Zg on 3/23/2013 6:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
The RP tends to happen wherever RPers are gathered. The Blue Recluse was a common spot where RPers would congregate on a more random basis, but I know that guilds are trying to extend RP to different areas. The issue is that we're a rather small community, so any new location would need to be advertised so that people knew where to gather. If you're looking for RP, I would recommend joining the /RP channel and stopping by the Sanctum to introduce yourself!

Also, if you have suggestions, feel free to offer those! =)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
The Hand of Gul'dan, Shadowmoon Valley.

Warlocks only!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Use /horde on the Red side to get in touch with some other RPers. There really isn't a 'hotspot' on this side of the fence, either, but there are several weekly events!

We have lots of resources to help get RPers in touch on the Sanctum: www.ravenholdt.us
Reply Quote
73 Gnome Death Knight
I say use Shattrath as an RP hub. There are portals to and from there. Its a neutral city safe zone. you can have cross faction rp and you can invite people to "step outside" if any issues need to be resolved via fisticuffs. Lots of nooks, crannys, inns, etc. All around great spot.
Edited by Nymic on 3/23/2013 5:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Actually if you have a designated location, you will miss out on some of the rich enviroment that is within the world. A while back, while on the rogue, I came across two RP'ers in a dwarven farmstead just north of Twilight Highlands along the coast.

Since Van, I have always enjoyed walk abouts and would just wander freely through out the world. Though back then, everything was new and unexplored. Sadly now, its a little different and impersonal with the use of flying mounts, but its still enjoyable.

Also, if you plan to cross faction RP and have an opps and "accidently" attack your partner...its adds a little spice to the experience...much like being married to a mean !@# Sicilian woman.
Edited by Bobcat on 3/23/2013 5:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
73 Gnome Death Knight
However it provides a central location to meet people, get to know em, and then venture out and do things.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I feel we should have a new thread each week to designate RP zones for each side. That way RPers can no which zone they could travel in and explore to find other RPers. That way everyone isn't stuck looking at one building but they can utilize the whole zone to find RPers and RP themselves.
Reply Quote
73 Gnome Death Knight
I feel we should have a new thread each week to designate RP zones for each side. That way RPers can no which zone they could travel in and explore to find other RPers. That way everyone isn't stuck looking at one building but they can utilize the whole zone to find RPers and RP themselves.

Ie Shattrath. A nice fixed hub with many buildings and portals in and out.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
03/25/2013 10:47 AMPosted by Nymic

Ie Shattrath. A nice fixed hub with many buildings and portals in and out.

Shatt isn't bad, but I find it boring an unappealing. There are so many new, revamped and beautiful zones. The portals don't mean anything to me, especially when you can fly anywhere quite quickly.

I'd rather we start using the rest of this vast map and RP in different, fresh locations.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
A nice fresh location does sound nice. Shatt does offer a unique setting where we can mingle cross-faction without worrying about PvP. Dalaran used to, but for obvious reasons that's technically not an option for Horde players anymore if you are following the lore.

Any other setting would most likely require a separate Horde and Alliance area, to prevent unwanted PvP and griefing.

So, in summary, I could support Shatt for a community-wide RP hub!
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
A nice fresh location does sound nice. Shatt does offer a unique setting where we can mingle cross-faction without worrying about PvP. Dalaran used to, but for obvious reasons that's technically not an option for Horde players anymore if you are following the lore.

Any other setting would most likely require a separate Horde and Alliance area, to prevent unwanted PvP and griefing.

So, in summary, I could support Shatt for a community-wide RP hub!

Eh, I'd prefer to be out in the open, in the world.. exploring and enjoying the scenery.

I personally don't think we need a place where Horde and Alliance get along, I mean it is a war. You can be civil if you want to, but fights are bound to break out.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Personally I'd like to see a few days where we are utilizing the Vanilla zones, maybe some with two good hubs for each faction. Or two zones with a close border so we can venture between the two.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
I'd rather we start using the rest of this vast map and RP in different, fresh locations.

This. It kind of brings back world exploration too. I have found empty but good condition orc and tauren homes at odd corners of the world. Also completely unpopulated rolling prairies that go on a long ways. These are our backdrops and there are quite a few when you really scout.
Edited by Zhorkosh on 3/25/2013 2:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I personally don't think we need a place where Horde and Alliance get along, I mean it is a war. You can be civil if you want to, but fights are bound to break out.

I agree with this to some extent. I do love PvP, especially an RP-PvP setting.

However, if we're looking for an "RP hotspot" this would most likely turn into a "PvP hotspot" if it wasn't in a neutral territory. All in all, that's not a bad thing, but I don't see the two mixing comfortably in a sustainable manner.

I could be wrong! Either way, I'll support whichever path and see where it leads.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
03/25/2013 02:03 PMPosted by Candela

I agree with this to some extent. I do love PvP, especially an RP-PvP setting.

However, if we're looking for an "RP hotspot" this would most likely turn into a "PvP hotspot" if it wasn't in a neutral territory. All in all, that's not a bad thing, but I don't see the two mixing comfortably in a sustainable manner.

I could be wrong! Either way, I'll support whichever path and see where it leads.

Well maybe we can find a zone, or multiple zones to make this work. Maybe a area we could declare as a 'Peace' Zone. Where RP Guilds can try to enforce the peace and avoid PvP there. But then the rest is fair game.

(Just using examples here)

Say we used Elwynn Forest as the zone. Goldshire could be declared the neutral area, then then one side of the zone is Horde, the other is Alliance. Or we could do it across three zones. Dedicate one zone to neutral RP, then venturing in the other zone is fair game.

Obviously this would take a moment to figure out the best zone(s) for this, but I'd love to see folks RPing and venturing the old world.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Shaman
We can certainly try to find places to police... but it would come down to numbers, and there is inevitably someone who'll try to spoil the party. And if it's spoiled badly enough, often enough, people won't come. At which point, what's the point of a hub?

Also be aware that if you try to shift things to a higher level zone, you immediately cut out lower level players or visitors who haven't got a higher level toon to bring (and may not want to RP on someone different)

Moving from place to place is also a good idea for variety's sake, but again there will have to be announcements, and anyone who misses the memo won't know where to congregate.

Having a few, consistent places might be the better answer, that way people don't have to search far and wide to find the current "RP hub".
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
there is inevitably someone who'll try to spoil the party. And if it's spoiled badly enough, often enough, people won't come. At which point, what's the point of a hub?

Sad and true.
Reply Quote
1 Goblin Rogue
We can certainly try to find places to police... but it would come down to numbers, and there is inevitably someone who'll try to spoil the party. And if it's spoiled badly enough, often enough, people won't come. At which point, what's the point of a hub?

Also be aware that if you try to shift things to a higher level zone, you immediately cut out lower level players or visitors who haven't got a higher level toon to bring (and may not want to RP on someone different)

Moving from place to place is also a good idea for variety's sake, but again there will have to be announcements, and anyone who misses the memo won't know where to congregate.

Having a few, consistent places might be the better answer, that way people don't have to search far and wide to find the current "RP hub".

I agree with you, especially with the possibility of someone ruining it. But we could also just have a few higher levels try to get rid of that person? But that's a bridge we'd have to cross when we got there.

I'm all for sticking to lower zones, some of them are pretty fantastic for RPing. And we can keep an up to date forum post, someone in the /RP channels should be able to inform everyone where RP is happening that day/week/month.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]