Wheres the hub? (Rp-wise)

100 Blood Elf Mage

I agree with you, especially with the possibility of someone ruining it. But we could also just have a few higher levels try to get rid of that person?

The problem is, too many of the trolls have friends who make excuses for their behavior.
Edited by Kiraleen on 3/26/2013 10:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue

I agree with you, especially with the possibility of someone ruining it. But we could also just have a few higher levels try to get rid of that person?

The problem is, too many of the trolls have friends who make excuses for their behavior.

Well, then we could always try to make them "Deserters of the Realm" and have them KOS by the opposite faction, with those on their faction not assisting.

I'm okay with watching Horde stomp on a Alliance who is trying to ruin the fun.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
I've come to learn that RPer's are overly sensitive about getting ganked while RPing (Like really really over sensitive man some of the tells i get on WrA). I used to wonder why there wasn't hardly any RP on RP-PvP servers and my first sentence is the reason why. It's a shame really i wish people would grow some balls but i guess not every one loves PvP.

There are a ton of PvP servers. There are six RP-PvP servers. If you're more interested in PvP than RP, go elsewhere.

It's been my experience that the people saying "grow some balls" lack the thickest skin themselves.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
03/26/2013 12:26 PMPosted by Kiraleen
I've come to learn that RPer's are overly sensitive about getting ganked while RPing (Like really really over sensitive man some of the tells i get on WrA). I used to wonder why there wasn't hardly any RP on RP-PvP servers and my first sentence is the reason why. It's a shame really i wish people would grow some balls but i guess not every one loves PvP.

There are a ton of PvP servers. There are six RP-PvP servers. If you're more interested in PvP than RP, go elsewhere.

It's been my experience that the people saying "grow some balls" lack the thickest skin themselves.

Eh, I sort of agree with him.

If you want RP but can't handle RP+PvP, there are servers just for that also.

This server and the other RP-PvP servers should have a mix of both.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter

RP griefing is a reportable offense for a reason. There's a difference between PvP and griefing.

Edit: As far as an "RP hub" is concerned, I think it would take a tremendous amount of effort and persistence to establish such a thing... Though, if a location could be settled on, I'd roll through from time to time.
Edited by Ryöka on 3/26/2013 12:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
03/26/2013 12:49 PMPosted by Ryöka

RP griefing is a reportable offense for a reason. There's a difference between PvP and griefing.

Edit: As far as an "RP hub" is concerned, I think it would take a tremendous amount of effort and persistence to establish such a thing... Though, if a location could be settled on, I'd roll through from time to time.

Agree on that, I'm just hoping it's somewhere out in the world and not just sitting in a city. I sit in the city enough, I try to avoid it at all costs.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
03/26/2013 01:00 PMPosted by Ashér
I'm just hoping it's somewhere out in the world and not just sitting in a city.

Probably half of our RP is out in the world. That is because if we meet, we RP. It is just sort of something that we do in passing, not by appointment.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter

Probably half of our RP is out in the world. That is because if we meet, we RP. It is just sort of something that we do in passing, not by appointment.

Truth.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
If you don't like PvP while rping you can also run across two zones and a city to hide behind a world boss. Then, once you have enough people and you're absolutely sure you can't possibly lose, you can come back out and PvP. It's a shame really i wish people would grow some balls but i guess not every one loves PvP.

INB4 Meanie Aorris wiped Catina night.
Edited by Aorris on 3/26/2013 2:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
If you don't like PvP while rping you can also run across two zones and a city to hide behind a world boss. Then, once you have enough people and you're absolutely sure you can't possibly lose, you can come back out and PvP. It's a shame really i wish people would grow some balls but i guess not every one loves PvP.

Just making sure you don't win. If you end up happy, everyone loses. If you end up infuriated, nothing really changes.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock

INB4 Meanie Aorris wiped Catina night.

I don't think you're skilled enough to wipe my !@#.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I apologize to you Aorris, your right not staying for the 1v13 was incredibly cowardly of me I should have let you guys zerg me instead of using my class abilities to escape.

Just making sure you don't win. If you end up happy, everyone loses. If you end up infuriated, nothing really changes.

Could be worse. Could have had members of your guild chilling there that wouldn't even flag. That would just be embarrassing though, especially after that boast thread about defending the arena we were waiting for you in. Oh, wait. Well, guess that's embarrassing then.

P.S. There weren't 13 or close to 13. You got scurred when you saw people that weren't the usual gearless VeCo chumps you got used to ganking.
Edited by Aorris on 3/26/2013 4:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Shaman
I think it is fair to say if you want to be able to RP with the least chance of interruption / disruption, RP hubs will likely have to be in Sanctuaries of some kind, even beyond guarded towns. Because the plain truth is that many PvPers who claim to also RP, rarely have the self-discipline and respect for other players to allow others to RP. To the point that they will set out with the purpose of trying to disrupt events and basically shut RP down.

(and before someone tries to naysay this, please remember I have screenshots in which certain people state this purpose in chat)

Unfortunately, the more aware the server as a whole is of events and hubs, the greater chance one can expect things like this to happen. It has nothing to do with 'balls' (although I suppose that some people can't quit looking for their own long enough to realize that in fact, very few things have anything to do with balls). It has much more to do with whether you want to be able to RP or not in a collective storytelling, which is the point of having an RP hub IMO.
Reply Quote
73 Gnome Death Knight
IN my drunken 3am experience. Rp serves to fuel PvP. theres nothing like killing a rival guild. Drunk and didnt read any previous posts dont know if this has anything to do with anything.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
I think it is fair to say if you want to be able to RP with the least chance of interruption / disruption, RP hubs will likely have to be in Sanctuaries of some kind, even beyond guarded towns. Because the plain truth is that many PvPers who claim to also RP, rarely have the self-discipline and respect for other players to allow others to RP. To the point that they will set out with the purpose of trying to disrupt events and basically shut RP down.

(and before someone tries to naysay this, please remember I have screenshots in which certain people state this purpose in chat)

Unfortunately, the more aware the server as a whole is of events and hubs, the greater chance one can expect things like this to happen. It has nothing to do with 'balls' (although I suppose that some people can't quit looking for their own long enough to realize that in fact, very few things have anything to do with balls). It has much more to do with whether you want to be able to RP or not in a collective storytelling, which is the point of having an RP hub IMO.

Oolaki wins! *Offers Clan Oolaki a spare hunter weapon that was just laying around*
Reply Quote
58 Draenei Death Knight
I find Two Moons in Pandaria a nice place. Is it not Alliance/Horde friendly? And I love the music in the bar!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]