Twist of Fate or Power Infusion?

90 Troll Priest
RUI
Pros/cons?

i see a lot of discs running twist of fate over power infusion. the way i see it is PI u can use very 2min on CD and Twist u have to wait until target is below 20% health to gain the benefits.

i was just wondering what you are running and why one over the other.

any and all info would be greatly appreciated.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
It depends if there is a way to reliably gain the buff during a fight. ToF can be excellent on fights like Horridon, possibly Tortos as well if you can snipe an HF/Solace on a low hp add.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
RUI
It depends if there is a way to reliably gain the buff during a fight. ToF can be excellent on fights like Horridon, possibly Tortos as well if you can snipe an HF/Solace on a low hp add.

i agree, but also u can gain the passive buff from healing a target below 20% as i see is the part that i can benefit from the most during a boss fight
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I tried ToF on Primordius this week and managed about 50% uptime but am sure I could get 60-70% if I was used to playing hide and seek with add health bars. Seems alright. The fact that it doesn't work with absorbs makes it a little less attractive for Disc but it's neat for fights like Primordius where you have tons of low hp adds and the damage is pretty consistent. Fights with bursty AoE damage I'd probably stick with PI, and a lack of adds makes PI the definite winner.
Edited by Nixxin on 3/22/2013 8:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
RUI
yes well hell if it worked with absorbs im sure there would be a call for a nerf, but as i see if ur atonement and smite healing 90% of the time i see it being more useful because u can continue to dps/heal and u r bound to catch somebody with a smite heal thats below 20% health and get the passive proc off of Twist of Fate...

now if it could stack like evangelism we would be saying wtf is PI
Reply Quote
Personally, I prefer Power Infusion because when popped with Spirit Shell, it lets me spread SS around the raid a lot faster and saves me some mana, which is nice.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Personally, I prefer Power Infusion because when popped with Spirit Shell, it lets me spread SS around the raid a lot faster and saves me some mana, which is nice.

PI saves no mana. The mana reduction just makes up for the increased Haste.

Casting 20% more spells for 20% less mana = no net change in mana consumption.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Tof of generally better if you can get a decent uptime. Some add fights allow you to hit 70+ (my first tortos kill I hit that).

Right now I'm not sure if PI is the best bet. It's good, but DI is synergetic with PW:I for non add fights, and ToF is generally better for add fights. I don't really see a good place for PI, though I'm sure it's competitive in certain situations.

I'd love to see the number threshold where ToF is generally not as good as PI or DI, uptime-wise.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I believe the OP was speaking of Disc not Shadow, Terrortician.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
RUI
I believe the OP was speaking of Disc not Shadow, Terrortician.

correct, I'm currently looking more towards the disc aspect of ToF compared to PI
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Also keep in mind if there's any intensive healing at the end of a boss fight. Sometimes you just need that extra oomph while you're burning the boss down. I tend to go with PI unless there's lots of adds or a huge push at the end.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
PI saves no mana. The mana reduction just makes up for the increased Haste.

Casting 20% more spells for 20% less mana = no net change in mana consumption.

False. You are saving mana. That doesn't change just because you're casting faster. It's both a throughput and efficiency increase. I think you mean there's no net change in rate of mana expenditure (actually you're spending about 4% less mana/sec), but you could just idle for any time saved on the 20% casting speed and up that to 20% (not that you would want to).
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
I prefer PI. I use it as a boost for PoH spam during aoe phases.

With at least one shaman and sometimes another pally healing in the raid, it's not easy to land my heal when that person is under 20% and not dead.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
RUI
how about ToF is a passive and one less button to mash? not saying it makes a HUGE difference but still could be a factor when people make their choices.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
As holy running RBGs I definitely prefer twist of fate. It'll proc if you hit even a pet, totem, anything under 20% and you can easily get that proc with divine star.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
RUI
As holy running RBGs I definitely prefer twist of fate. It'll proc if you hit even a pet, totem, anything under 20% and you can easily get that proc with divine star.

hmm idk if i would go with ToF over PI in PvP...but i can see a bit of use in PvP i just think PI is much more viable in PvP...

also, if u glyph Purify ( heals target for 3% of their max health when you dispel a magic effect ) i would assume this in conjunction with ToF would make it more viable in a PvP setting.

any thoughts?
Edited by Testify on 3/23/2013 8:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
I'm not sure why Glyph of Purify would really give any weight on whether or not you'd choose ToF (unless you never dispel unless the person is about to die, i.e. below 20%).
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
RUI
I'm not sure why Glyph of Purify would really give any weight on whether or not you'd choose ToF (unless you never dispel unless the person is about to die, i.e. below 20%).

well i woulnt use ToF period in PvP im just looking for a reason that i would PI imo is reasonably more viable in PvP
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Wait? Did you write this thread to be about PvP or PvE? I think in PvP I would always go with the most reliable talent - in this case it would be PI over ToF. DI may also be excellent provided your Penance casts aren't getting interrupted.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
RUI
Wait? Did you write this thread to be about PvP or PvE? I think in PvP I would always go with the most reliable talent - in this case it would be PI over ToF. DI may also be excellent provided your Penance casts aren't getting interrupted.

originally about PvE but some1 brought up PvP and thought i would put my opinion in on that as well.....and i agree PI is more viable in PvP

But in PvE was the original thread is about
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]