PVP--When being hit, Earth or Water Shield?

90 Draenei Shaman
I've looked everywhere but couldnt find a proper answer.

If I'm being focused on arena by dps and my mana is like, on 150k, which one is is better in the perspective of mana use making the fight last longer?

With Earth Shield I will heal more, but get oom sooner, which means that I'll die then.

With Water Shield, while I wont get 20% more heals, my mana will take much longer to end, which I should survive longer.

So basically, suppose that Im just standing still taking damage and healing over it. Which one will me last longer alive, placing a Earth or Watershield?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Earth Shield.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
If you're being focused by dps, short-term survival is usually a bigger issue than long-term mana sustain.
Reply Quote
91 Orc Shaman
water shield unless you absolutely have to go earth shield.

its better to stay water and just get peels or earthbind totem/windwalker totem/ghost wolf around a pillar

earthshielding yourself makes you're mana regen too awful to deal with for very long.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Well, if you are in danger, earth shield to not die is better than some mana you can't use while dead. IMO
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
As a resto shaman who has been top healing 295/300 of my last bgs (and have the s/s to prove it) I very very rarely use earth shield in myself, the only time I find myself using it is when flag running and get cut off while trying to get back to my team or multiple melee dps on me and I'm not getting peels while <30% life. Basically if you have a chance of dying and there isn't anyone else around for you to shield, remember it persists through death so if your buddy stays alive in the time you rez you did your job
Edited by Rësto on 3/25/2013 9:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]