In-game Language Change

20 Night Elf Warrior
Hey guys,

Are there anyways ( Like Add-Ons, etc) to change the language I see while playing the game instead of changing it from the Interface menu? Because I have the Taiwan version and want to change it to English...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
You asked this a couple of days ago and if you didn't get an answer then, it's quite likely no one here knows the answer. Making a new thread on the same topic is not going to change anything and could be considered spamming by the moderators.

There are only 10-15 players who hang out here answering newbie questions, and zero Blizzard employees. If no one knew 2 days ago, I doubt anyone knows now (since it's the same 10-15 players who would be answering).

There is one thing you should know however: The account you are posting with right now is a North American account, NOT a Taiwanese account. The keycode that came with your Taiwan copy of the game cannot be used to upgrade your US account. You'd have to make a whole new account, on the Taiwan version of battle.net, before you could use that keycode.

You can still get the NA version of the game and play it from Taiwan by going to your current WoW account on the NA version of battle.net and upgrading there (and paying online). Sadly you won't be able to use your friend's gift to upgrade that trial you are posting with.
Edited by Avanna on 3/22/2013 7:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
80 Orc Hunter
Don't know for sure about the Taiwanese version, but the PRC version is an entirely different client due to legal requirements around the depiction of blood and death in mainland China.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Don't know for sure about the Taiwanese version, but the PRC version is an entirely different client due to legal requirements around the depiction of blood and death in mainland China.

I went to the Taiwan version of the WoW website, the spot where my posting character normally shows up (top right corner) was solid green and when I ran the chinese phrase in the box through google translate it was basically saying "account not found" even though it had my name and still linked to battle.net. Just like it does when I go to the European version of this website.

This means that battle.net Taiwan doesn't recognize my NA WoW account, so they are indeed working off of completely different clients and server lists.

OP: You can play any version of WoW from anywhere, as long as your account type, client type, and the servers you are trying to connect to all match. So you can access the NA servers with your NA client and NA account from Taiwan, and when in the US you could access the Taiwan servers with a Taiwan account and Taiwan client. BUT you can't use a taiwan game code to upgrade a NA client, or use a NA client to access the Taiwan servers.
Edited by Avanna on 3/22/2013 1:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I am guessing the following will solve your problem since you apparently already have an account on the North American servers:
1) Uninstall your current client.
2) Go to account management on this site (us.battle.net)
3) Log in, download the client.
4) Install the client you just downloaded.

You should then be able to log in to this account and play on an English language client on North American servers. You may get better ping and have more folks to play with connecting to an Oceanic server than one in the States, but they all use the US client.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
03/22/2013 02:29 PMPosted by Harlan
You may get better ping and have more folks to play with connecting to an Oceanic server than one in the States,

The oceanic servers are housed in the LA datacenter, so ping times would be the same on any realm hosted out of there regardless of Oceanic or US designation.
Edited by Avanna on 3/22/2013 2:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/22/2013 02:37 PMPosted by Avanna
You may get better ping and have more folks to play with connecting to an Oceanic server than one in the States,

The oceanic servers are housed in the LA datacenter, so ping times would be the same on any realm hosted out of there regardless of Oceanic or US designation.

Their time zone and resulting player presence would still be much more accommodating than any other non-Oceanic server hosted out of the LA data center.

On top of that, among all the servers hosted in the LA data center, the Oceanic servers would be an easily identifiable sub-group for any user and their ping would still tend to be better than servers hosted in other US data centers.

So, thanks for clarifying?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]