pve item upgrades coming back

1 Troll Priest
really blizzard? heroic thunderforged is already ilv 545 compared to elite ilv 512, why on earth would you do this?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Because they don't give a !@#$ about us, buddy.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
LFR is more important
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
really blizzard? heroic thunderforged is already ilv 545 compared to elite ilv 512, why on earth would you do this?

to be fair this isn't till next tier/season so the gear you will be upgrading will be about 557-560 ilv give or take

a lot can change till then but i foresee a huge problem seeing how much better some ove items are already than pvp
Reply Quote
1 Troll Priest
03/22/2013 03:41 PMPosted by Bishock

to be fair this isn't till next tier/season so the gear you will be upgrading will be about 557-560 ilv give or take

a lot can change till then but i foresee a huge problem seeing how much better some ove items are already than pvp

i was under the impression it's happening this tier.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
from my understanding they wanted to bring it back in 5.3 - so it wouldn't be an issue with this tier right now, but if they keep this model of PvE gear being 30+ ilvls ahead it will definitely be an issue next tier
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
no not till next

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/9241762/Item_Upgrades_in_53-3_22_2013

5.3 is a long way away yet
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
This makes me worry that heroic thunderforged might be "better" than PvP gear due to the stat boost and the sockets.

Somebody do the math.
I suck at it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
This makes me worry that heroic thunderforged might be "better" than PvP gear due to the stat boost and the sockets.

Somebody do the math.
I suck at it.

it's already a contentious point, you gain boatloads of everything (including resil) except pvp power

I think general consensus is a couple pieces here and there won't break pvp like certain trinkets and weapons in the past have, but it's still something to be concerned about
Reply Quote
1 Troll Priest

Somebody do the math.
I suck at it.

it already is better..
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior

Somebody do the math.
I suck at it.

it already is better..

Welp.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
There will be changes...

https://twitter.com/holinka
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
5.3 is a long way away yet

GC, in his recent interview, said 5.3 is sooner than players are expecting.

5.3 is just like 5.1, it's not a new tier, and it's not going to be months and months away.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
5.3 is not a new tier/season.

I have a pair of heroic thunderforged pants with two sockets in them.

Currently 541, upgraded they will be ilevel 549. They're going up against 493 (2 ilevels from 2/2 malev) and 512 gear.

37 ilevels is pretty steep. It's nearly twice the jump from normal to elite. I have a feeling they're going to buff PVP gear soon.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
They're not going to upgrade pvp gear this time. Just PvE. And idk if it'll be at the extreme of last time. Besides, depending on what you choose to replace you'll lose pvp power/resil.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Priest
They're not going to upgrade pvp gear this time. Just PvE. And idk if it'll be at the extreme of last time. Besides, depending on what you choose to replace you'll lose pvp power/resil.

main stats are better than pvp power for a lot of classes. you gain like 700 of a main stat on heroic thunderforged gear.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
But you're also losing resil for those pve pieces even if you gem for them right? I don't think the gear gap will be that large.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Oh, shoot, here's a caveat.

Not all PVP slots have an elite version. Bracers, cloaks, jewelry and trinkets top out at 493.

So the difference in ilevel can be up to 56. Right now, 48.

Socketed items can be gemmed for resilience to make up for any lost; and those items that don't have elite versions have less resilience than other slots.

This is something hard to ignore.
Edited by Facespace on 3/22/2013 4:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
This is something hard to ignore.

Don't worry, Blizzard isn't afraid to try!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight

Somebody do the math.
I suck at it.

right now for DKs

1 STR > 2.4 PvP power rating (Frost)
1 STR > 3.06 PvP power Rating (Unholy)

For Warriors you should already be using 522 2hnd over 512 PvP weapons since you basicly have no attack that is not Weapon dmg generated (shockwave/Dragons Roar).

I think only Hybrids (Rets/Enhance/Ele/Spriests/Moonkins) have a hard choice between PvP power and there best base stat (STR/Agil/INT) due to getting bonus healing from Power however even for Ret there already tipping towards STR over PvP power for Defense and offense.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]