Awesome raid fail stories

6 Gnome Rogue
On the subject of engineering fail... heroic Atramedes, entire raid just sort of standing there in general crogglement as we watch out main tank launch into the air, follow him as he flies up and up... bounces off the ceiling, and then descends to end with a resounding splat...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I'm sure everyone has seen this before; but BWD in Cata, priest misses the elevator, hits Levitate so as to not chalk up another death to the Elevator Boss, and starts sailing right over the starting platform for Nef. Collective gasp from the raid, priest's heart skips a beat. This is a tough situation: the only choice is to try and time it so that when you cancel Levitate you land without dying from fall damage but not so late that you fall in the pit and start the fight.

Well, I'm not allowed to use Levitate anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
RL: "Come down here, and step off at an angle"

Entire raid jumps. Raid Leader breaks out laughing.

xD
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
03/30/2013 01:15 PMPosted by Frequoyami
I'm sure everyone has seen this before; but BWD in Cata, priest misses the elevator, hits Levitate so as to not chalk up another death to the Elevator Boss, and starts sailing right over the starting platform for Nef.

Yeah, had someone in the guild do that three times in a row. Needless to say he's not in the guild anymore (you'd think he'd have understood this after the second time).
Reply Quote
14 Human Mage
Yes, engineering is a dangerous profession.

On Sindy one night, I was about to get iceblocked, so used the rocket boots to get to the marker--and instead of hastening my trip there, instead I found myself launched 100 feet in the air where I was blocked. Everyone was so puzzled to where I disappeared to...wipe.

One of the funniest wipes ever.

Also, when wipes are called, our little evil priest healer likes to lifegrip people into bad, hastening the end. Also always hysterical.

And yes, so glad they (sorta) fixed the pathing issues with pets. I remember many Wrath and Cata era dungeons where my minion would run ahead, trying to see how many pats she could pull before returning. Seems like the Ulduar dungeons were a special favorite. (Now the only annoying dungeon is Scarlet, with the training dummies and ToT beginning trash with the dummies. Not sure why training dummies bug out the minion so bad).
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
While trying to lead a raid into BWD, my friend thought it would be funny to make random moans every time I'd try to start explaining the next boss fight. I was the only one laughing too, I felt silly, and a little crazy.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I can win at dis!

A few years ago back in WOTLK times I was in a semi hardcore raiding guild. I believe we were doing 25m if memory serves, and we just killed Professor Putricide. My Guild master at the time decided we should do loot council (stupid i know) so me and 2 other people and him go into a channel and discusses who deserves the loot. A good portion of the group was at the halls of the frostwing (You know those pack of adds before you get to the green dragon) and were waiting for the rest of the group (The healers and 2 tanks were at PP with me and the others) well what happened was me my gm and the officers were talking when we noticed everyone was getting killed. We jump back up a channel and go " WTF HAPPENED!" the group was dead. Our youngest raider (was 13 at the time had some serious ADHD) goes

" I got distracted by a spoon!!! Sorry!!!!!!! "
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I can win at dis!

A few years ago back in WOTLK times I was in a semi hardcore raiding guild. I believe we were doing 25m if memory serves, and we just killed Professor Putricide. My Guild master at the time decided we should do loot council (stupid i know) so me and 2 other people and him go into a channel and discusses who deserves the loot. A good portion of the group was at the halls of the frostwing (You know those pack of adds before you get to the green dragon) and were waiting for the rest of the group (The healers and 2 tanks were at PP with me and the others) well what happened was me my gm and the officers were talking when we noticed everyone was getting killed. We jump back up a channel and go " WTF HAPPENED!" the group was dead. Our youngest raider (was 13 at the time had some serious ADHD) goes

" I got distracted by a spoon!!! Sorry!!!!!!! "

A spoon..... .____.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
.. Nothing more fun when one of your officers or yourself does something bad.. ah good times..

Example one..
Cata. doing that Deepholm dungeon with our guilds best healer a resto Druid..
She is the type of lady you just love to play with. Positive, Funny and .. also.. a little impatient with folks going afk too long..

So in That herioc Dungeon. before that nerfed that place.. She announces in mumble.
"I'm PULLING!!!!!" well.. we were doing that Rock Boss.. who has that huge area of adds that lead right to him.. and if you stray to the left or right. you can pull a ton of adds.
Plus he has those scouts who patroll left to right..

Well she thought she timed her pull right.. but missed a scout who proceeded to RUn and GRAB EVERY SINGLE ADD in that entire area.. And once he started screaming for help.. a Train of adds began a rumbling. ..And well.. honestly.. all 5 us ran screaming for lives to try and make it out of the dungeon.

Suffice it say. Whipe!

For months later.. if we were in a dungeon or raid with Chalora.. And she said. .. are we pulling..? I guarantee you.. that tank got his !@# in gear and began to pull !
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Back in BC days, my hubby's guild was working on Gruul's Lair, and I mean really having to work at it. It had been quite a while with no boss kill, and everyone was getting kind of testy by this point.

While all of this was going on, my son was only about 3, and we were in the process of potty training. He was having pretty good luck with #1, but not so much with #2. On one of hubby's raid nights, dear son finally did #2 in the potty. Since he really liked all the positive reinforcement from our cheering, hubby let dear son announce to his guildmates over vent what he'd done, and the whole raid cheered for him. Right after that, the raid downs Gruul for the first time ever.

The next time they raided Gruul's, dear son did it again, the guild cheered, and they not only downed Gruul but also got the best loot drop they'd ever had.

From that point on, every time they raided, they had to do the "Poop Cheer." And it always worked, too, until dear son was potty trained. By the time we got to the point where dear daughter was to that stage, hubby was no longer raiding so we never got to see if the Poop Cheer was transferable.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
This is the best way I have ever wiped a raid.

This was back in TBC in kara. I was joing a buddy of mine on a run his guild was doing. I was trying to get into this guild to raid with him so I wanted to make a good impression.

Anyway, they brought me in for Moroes. I already knew the fight very well but they still insisted on explaining and setting up the fight in vent, for what felt like 10 minutes. It was at about this time that I sneezed. I sneezed so hard that my head set fell off my head when I rocked forward, which landed on my mouse, that fell on the floor, upside down, hitting my middle mouse button, which was toggled to auto run.....

so ya, after about 10 minutes of set up on this boss with this new guild I wanted to impress, my character just ran into the 4 bosses for no reason and wiped us pre pull.

Worst Sneeze Ever!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
so ya, after about 10 minutes of set up on this boss with this new guild I wanted to impress, my character just ran into the 4 bosses for no reason and wiped us pre pull.

LOL!! But, did you get into the guild?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Managed to wipe a run in Kara, the ballroom trash. We were pulling one group, and my frame rate dropped to nothing while I was tab targeting and spamming Seed of Corruption.

I managed to target and seed a mob at max range, 2 groups over, I think. Between the seed and the whole pack, so many adds showed up our wipe was likely inevitable.

But I made certain by screaming in scarey growly voice "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU###!", scaring the crap out of everybody in vent, so that as toons dropped, you could hear this tiny little southern drawl "That scared me and I forgot how to play".

I've done the minion pull before...had a felhunter run the enite loop of Dire Maul to the lower tree elementals. I had jumped to help a buddy who managed to fall, and after we killed the mobs he pulled, I was like "Where is Nheenhym?"

And then he appeared, with a wave of mobs with him. And that same girl in vent squealing "Oh dear god!"
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
More often then i'd like to admit

In the middle of a progression fight, tank dies and we've already used a bres, "sh!t, Frosty go blood pres" as you would guess a wipe follows some time shortly after.

Everyone gets back in buffs, eats and discuss what went wrong, cool time to pull, tank pulls and we start button mashing our way to top the dps meter, barely a second later "6 minutes till release" and the ensuing "wtf happened" being spammed through vent.

Still in blood presence, absolutely winning...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I wiped our group on our very first night and pull of MSV. We were killing the last pack of trash before the dogs, and I'm just tab targeting and meleeing/earth shock to finish off the last few adds that were on low health. Last one alive, I Tab then Earth Shock. Does it target the mob that's 4 feet in front of me? Nope! Targets the boss, I pull, we wipe (after a valiant effort by the tanks to grab the bosses).

I thought for sure I was gonna get kicked as this is the first pull on the first boss and I had just joined this guild to raid. Fortunately, everyone has as good a sense of humor as I do, and we were all laughing hysterically as we ran back in. Needless to say, I kept my back to the boss on those packs after that...
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
We were working on Tsulong in ToES. We did the fight 5 times, and each time we hit the beserk timer. We kept wondering what was going on, and then finally our shaman healer says "WAIT, I am supposed to heal the dragon?!?!?" Needless to say we beat the boss on the next attempt.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]