What to macro Charge with?

90 Human Warrior
Right now I am currently using this macro with charge...

/cast Charge
/cast Battle Shout
/cast Berserker Rage

...However, I heard that macroing Hamstring with charge is better (although the guy mentioned you have to hit it twice) which in my opinion, defeats the purpose of a macro? I don't know, my current macro is working fine, I start the battle strong (start with alot of rage and 10% more damage from Berserker Rage, also immune to fear and such) and Berserker Rage only has a 30 second CD

But please, if I'm doing something wrong please correct me and send in the right direction, Thank you :D
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
i don't really see the point of macroing it into battleshout and zerker rage. zerker rage particularly is something you shouldn't macro into anything, it should always be under your express control because blowing your anti control mechanics when you don't need to is silly.

if you ARE going to macro it into anything i would macro it into colossus smash.

you can macro it with hamstring, because charge is off gcd, and you can perform both actions at once, hamstring being on gcd, charge being off, so you charge and hamstring in the game global.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Zokkomo
90 Human Warrior
Defiant
Right now I am currently using this macro with charge...

/cast Charge
/cast Battle Shout
/cast Berserker Rage

I wouldn't make that a macro. One charge macro that I have and like is

/cast heroic throw
/cast charge

That way every time you charge you can heroic throw... or you can heroic throw when it's up and charge is down.

Berserker rage is far too valuable to macro it. That automatic enrage proc is valuable and a good fear cancel for pvp/pve. Anyhow that's my two cents.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
Heroic throw for me.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Not sure I understand why anyone would want to macro battle shout or commanding shout. They last for 5 minutes now so you should have plenty of time to keep one up between attacks.

Sort of like the heroic throw idea since I rarely use that ability at all now because it no longer silences and does mediocre damage, so why not.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
I would recommend that you just stop using these type of macros.

Design and create a complete set of key bindings that can be used just as fast with complete freedom of choice.

Write macros for each ability that make game play smoother e.g.
#showtooltip
/cancelaura
/stopattack
/stopcasting
/cast
/cast [@mouseover] ability
/focus
/cast [@focus] ability
/use 15
/use 10
/use 6
/use healthstone
/equipslot [spec:1] 16 gladi sword
/equipslot [spec:1] 17 gladi shield
/usetalents
/inspect
/duel
/yield
ETC...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I use
#showtooltip charge
/cast charge
/cast heroic throw

I wouldn't put berserker rage or battle shout.
I have Commanding shout macroed with my rallying cry. I don't want to lose that when I charge. Sometimes I use strictly Commanding shout in battle and sometimes I use Battle and then switch to commanding shout when I am low.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Two handy macros are
Spell Reflect macro
Equip shield equip one hand cast defensive stance cast spell reflection
Switch back macro
Equip weapon cast battle stance
You can do a lot with spell reflect macro since u have ur shield on ur able to use other defensive moves
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Wasn't tryn to b off topic
I'd macro charge with an attack like c s, slam or mortal.
I like the throw macro it's a good idea considering i don't use it often. I'll hav to test it out
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
#showtooltip
/cancelaura
/stopattack
/stopcasting
/cast
/focus
/cast [@focus] ability
/use 15
/use 10
/use 6
/use healthstone
/usetalents
/inspect
/duel
/yield

Can anyone explain to me what this is?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
#showtooltip
/cancelaura
/stopattack
/stopcasting
/cast
/focus
/cast [@focus] ability
/use 15
/use 10
/use 6
/use healthstone
/usetalents
/inspect
/duel
/yield

He's just listing useful /commands for macros.

At least I think he is.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I like this one the most:

#showtooltip Charge
/castsequence [help, @target, nodead] Intervene; [harm, @target, nodead] [harm, , nodead] Charge
/cast Hamstring
/cancelaura Bladestorm

Charges Hostiles, Intervenes friendlies
If the target is too close to charge it hamstrings them
If you are bladestorming, it will cancel bladestorm

Enjoy ^^

/salute

~Dragon Warrior Ðeaven
Edited by Ðeaven on 3/25/2013 5:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
/cast [nomod harm] Charge; [nomod help] Intervene
/cast [mod:shift] Heroic Leap
/cast [mod:ctrl] Recklessness

You could macro Hamstring in like this:

/castsequence [nomod harm] reset=15/combat Charge, Hamstring; [nomod help] Intervene

The reset can be seconds, various conditions, or both. In this case, you'll have 15 seconds after using Charge to cast Hamstring. After 15 seconds, it reverts to Charge. If you leave and reenter combat, it'll also reset to Charge.

I agree with dis guy...macros r kool!
|
v
Edited by Kuroyi on 3/25/2013 5:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior

*Edit: I did not explain it the first time since I wanted to assume one already had some knowledge of it to save effort and time and just wanted to kick them in the general direction of what I have found to work with me in-game.

Well, when creating a macro for an ability:

(Ignore <> when writing the macros I just want to show you how it works.)

#showtooltip <name>
You can leave it blank and it will show the tooltip of the first item or abillity in the macro. Or you can type an ability's/item's name after it resulting in that ability/item's tooltip being shown.

/cancelaura <name>
You can enter the name of an aura to cancel when the macro is activated, so there is no longer a need to cancel it by finding the aura and right clicking it to disable it. it works well for quick Bladestorm cancels or sometimes I use it for Blessing of Protection, for it sometimes prevents Spell Reflect.

/stopattack
Stops your Auto-attack. I sometimes use it with Intimidating Shout because, depending on the patch, it will sometimes just Auto-attack after use rendering it useless against your target.

/stopcasting
As a caster, it will stop the cast, naturally. As a Warrior I use in macros such as Charge, Reflect, Bladestorm, Healing Potion, etc.. In order to cancel actions such as mounting or capping a flag in a BG.

You see these just help me make the game play smoothing for my play-style when added to each ability.

/cast [@mouseover] <ability name>
This allows one to use abilitys without having a target or a focus target. Just by mousing over does it tell the ability where to go. Useful for some abilities and playstyles, useless for others. I kinda like it with my Banner Intervene macros.#showtooltip mocking banner
/cancelaura bladestorm
/cast [@mouseover] intervene
/cast Mocking Banner

/focus
Will also set your target as your focus target.

/cast [@focus] <name>
Will only cast the ability on the focus target.

/use #
Is interesting. First of all you can use a simple macro with any item like #showtooltip
/cancelaura bladestorm
/use healthstone
Also one can 'bind' it to a specific inventory slot id, allowing it to only use gloves, or belt. No matter what you swap it out to. Instead of just binding on set of gloves to e.g#showtooltip
/cancelaura bladestorm
/use Gladi Gloves
You can just bind any pair of gloves in it's slot which happens to be #10 like:#showtooltip
/cancelaura bladestorm
/use 10
Let me link you to a website that has a picture of the different inventory slot ids in the character pane.http://www.wowpedia.org/InventorySlotId

/usetalents # (1 or 2)
This will use your primary or secondary talent specification, I find it useful with I PvE sometimes. I can create a macro which will swap specs with an equipment set.
e.g/usetalents 1
/equipset Arms (PvP)
/usetalents 2
/equipset Protection (PvE)
The name after /equipset is the name of the equipment set you created at the character pane.

/inspect
I just find it easier to bind inspect to Shift+Z or something. I can quickly inspect players that have challenged me to a duel or whatever.

/duel
Is nice to be able to spam rather than clicking and having the player be in combat or just out of range.

/yield
Type it or bind it, it's a quick was to forfeit a duel either way.

There is a lot going on with macros, little scripts and a whole bunch of other stuff. I think it's best to just take a general view of what can and cannot be done when you learn about it, and then, when in game, as things come to mind when you play, like "Hmm, this would be useful..." do a little research with Google or something and find out if it can be done or not. If it can, then see if it works well, or not.

It's kinda fun to play with, and it makes the game play a lot smoother when built to your play-style.
Edited by Esgrimidor on 3/25/2013 5:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Macro it with overpower, best by far.
Reply Quote
I macro charge with hamstring.

If i'm within range to hamstring you it will go off, if I'm out of range i charge then hamstring you. Works like a charm.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I macro charge with hamstring.

If i'm within range to hamstring you it will go off, if I'm out of range i charge then hamstring you. Works like a charm.

Does the macro use hamstring upon reaching your target or somehow effect the target before you get there?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
/cast [nomod harm] Charge; [nomod help] Intervene
/cast [mod:shift] Heroic Leap
/cast [mod:ctrl] Recklessness

You could macro Hamstring in like this:

/castsequence [nomod harm] reset=15/combat Charge, Hamstring; [nomod help] Intervene

The reset can be seconds, various conditions, or both. In this case, you'll have 15 seconds after using Charge to cast Hamstring. After 15 seconds, it reverts to Charge. If you leave and reenter combat, it'll also reset to Charge.

I agree with dis guy...macros r kool!
|
v

I tried this macro on my Warrior last night it did nothing? Is it missing a parameter?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
#showtooltip Charge
/cancelaura Bladestorm
/equipset Fury
/cast Charge
/cast Batle Stance
/cast Heroic Throw
/use Healthstone
#showtooltip Charge
/equipset Arms
/cast Charge
/cast Battle Stance
/cast Heroic Throw
/use Healthstone
Edited by Kulso on 3/27/2013 7:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]