Arena to cap Conquest

90 Human Warrior
Why are RBG's required to cap conquest, why can't we just cap from arena. In PvE you don't have to raid or do scenarios to cap valor.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
If you get your arena team higher than 1500 your cap goes up. Mine is 2600 from 2k pr last week sooo...yeah.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I know that, that wasn't what I was talking about.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Because CP buy you everything.

Valor buy you inferior gears that barely surpass LFR.
Edited by Llain on 3/23/2013 10:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Dwarf Warrior
They aren't required. Your arena cap is 1800, and you can get 1800 points from Arenas.

The 2200 rating cap is your RBG cap. You are rewarded with a 2200 cap for having a 0-1499 RBG rating. If you choose not to do RBGS, you get less conquest points and by extension less gear. Just as if you don't raid to cap valor points, you don't get that chance of raid loot, and by extension get less gear. They are in no way different.
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
My main issue is that until 1830 arena rating you get the same cap as you would if you were playing only for points (did 10 arenas & 1 rbg every week).

I know some might might say that isn't a very high rating, but with participation so low 1900 is first page of armory on my bg.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
In PvE you don't have to raid or do scenarios to cap valor.

That comparison would doing RBGs would be like doing an actual raid. You can cap valor easily just like arena but You get additional gear from doing RBGs or raids.

-

Besides, you've only done 8 arenas ever on that toon
Reply Quote
86 Human Hunter
Because CP buy you everything.

Valor buy you inferior gears that barely surpass LFR.

Valor buys you 522 gear, same as what Normal raids gets you. Although yes you can buy inferior gear with valor.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
03/23/2013 11:16 AMPosted by Bustt
In PvE you don't have to raid or do scenarios to cap valor.

That comparison would doing RBGs would be like doing an actual raid. You can cap valor easily just like arena but You get additional gear from doing RBGs or raids.

-

What the amount of matches I've done on this toon have to do with this?

Let me rephrase the question then, why do RBG's offer a much higher point cap? Arena and RBG's are both forms of end game pvp.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin

-

Let me rephrase the question then, why do RBG's offer a much higher point cap? Arena and RBG's are both forms of end game pvp.

Because it takes more time and effort to form/run an RBG than it does to do 2v2 and pop your swifty macros with your DK teammate.

It rewards those who put in more effort
Edited by Ill on 3/23/2013 4:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Real had to have decent discussion here. I don't run in and pop my "swifty macro", and my teammate is new to arena (1st season), we do put in time and effort. Also 2v2 isn't the only thing I do, I like how you assumed it was though like I can't have other toons, smh.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior

Because it takes more time and effort to form/run an RBG than it does to do 2v2 and pop your swifty macros with your DK teammate.

Except you can pug with a 5 man group and lose your RBG and still get more points than someone legitimately trying to do arena's.
Reply Quote
62 Blood Elf Death Knight

Except you can pug with a 5 man group and lose your RBG and still get more points than someone legitimately trying to do arena's.

What? Please explain how you can 'pug with a 5 man group and lose your RBG and still get more points than someone legitimately trying to do arena's.

You get some conquest for losing, you get 180 for an arena win. RBG's require 10 people, a 5min+ queue wait and then whatever time is spent in the BG.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Why are RBG's required to cap conquest, why can't we just cap from arena. In PvE you don't have to raid or do scenarios to cap valor.

The more important question to ask is why RBG points are applied to your arena total. For example, when you have 0 conquest points for the week and you do an RBG and win, those 400 points are applied to your arena cap. So you'll have 400/1800 arena points and 0/2200 RBG points.

This was not something I was informed of. It's an unfortunate and unnecessary change. Sure, it encourages people to get more than just one RBG win per week, but people don't like having things forced on them.

The proper, honorable thing to do is to apply those 400 points from an RBG win to your RBG total. And then if you get additional points from RBGs, apply those to your arena total. This is assuming you have the default conquest point caps.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]