Unholy DK- discussion

90 Human Death Knight
So we did get a buff at 5.2, which was alright. The didease damage increase and the reduced RP cost on gargoyle was great, but still falls behind the damage of frost in pvp. The DK class hasn'treally changed since cataclysm, other than a couple new abilities and tallents. I feel as if Death knights, especially Unholy needs a desperate buff. On comparrison to frost, It's burst isn't really a burst, more like sustained dps.

So some suggestions i have come up with for 5.3 are-

-Reduced RP cost of death coil
-increased necrotic strike damage OR healing absorb
-giving some damage to the last tier of tallents.
-Increased garg damage
-inreased scourge strike damage
-Blood plague/frost fever increased damage by 5%
-Ghoul's damage increase by 3-5%

Those were some quick things I could think of that may help with our dps. I have some more suggestions that will most probably wont happern but it could make UH dk's a bit different from Cataclysm.

-Having a ranged ghoul (so like if you want to be a ranged DK)
-A transformation (like Avatar but for dk's)
-Unholy Presence that drains life (like the old blood presence in WotLK
-having a Death N Decay be like concecration and not having to click on ground to place it it just happerns under your feet.

These are just some ideas tat i thought would be good to have in the future. I want something new blizzard, not the same ol stuff from cata.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
None of these are probably going to be considered, people are already complaining about DK's being overpowered.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
uh is really strong currently. small tweaks for 5.3 wouldnt be a problem but something like

is probably too big for whats happening.

either are much more reasonable
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Unholy DKs can easily out perform frost if played right, currently I don't feel we are weak at all
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Death Knight
Unholy is outperforming Frost by a fairly significant margin - in both PvE and PvP.

It's one of the top PvE damage specs right now, and it is pretty well-represented in arenas. It is showing up a lot in the top-rated brackets, despite not being a popular spec:

http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/stats-classesrepartition-6-0-0-0-0-3-0-0.html

Really, you shouldn't be expecting buffs. Our history suggests the exact opposite is coming - and pretty soon.

And - D&D under your feet instead of targeted? Are you trying to nerf yourself or something? Hotkey it. There's no issue with using it as-is.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I sm just do sick that blizzard changed pretty much all classes spart from Dk's. I want something new
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
The buff was alright? O.o

We are currently one of the strongest specs in the game. One could argue the best melee class, maybe aside from rogues.

Please do not touch Unholy. I love it right now and if it gets a big nerf I would cancel my sub in a heartbeat. I wouldn't mind if they toned down damage a bit and increased mobility. That would be perfect.

Btw Frost doing more damage doesn't really mean anything. Their damage has always been high. Killing power not so much. That's where Unholy can really shine.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Only thing that needs to be done w/ UH is making it more realistic. Making a true master of D&D and infections. Separating it from frost/blood.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Only thing that needs to be done w/ UH is making it more realistic. Making a true master of D&D and infections. Separating it from frost/blood.
perma ghoul, gargoyle, scourge strike, dark transformation, ebon plaguebringer, rotationally used festering strike, and mastery buffed soul reapers all say hi
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
So we did get a buff at 5.2, which was alright. The didease damage increase and the reduced RP cost on gargoyle was great, but still falls behind the damage of frost in pvp. The DK class hasn'treally changed since cataclysm, other than a couple new abilities and tallents. I feel as if Death knights, especially Unholy needs a desperate buff. On comparrison to frost, It's burst isn't really a burst, more like sustained dps.

So some suggestions i have come up with for 5.3 are-

-Reduced RP cost of death coil
-increased necrotic strike damage OR healing absorb
-giving some damage to the last tier of tallents.
-Increased garg damage
-inreased scourge strike damage

Those were some quick things I could think of that may help with our dps. I have some more suggestions that will most probably wont happern but it could make UH dk's a bit different from Cataclysm.

-A transformation (like Avatar but for dk's)
-Unholy Presence that drains life (like the old blood presence in WotLK
-having a Death N Decay be like concecration and not having to click on ground to place it it just happerns under your feet.

These are just some ideas tat i thought would be good to have in the future. I want something new blizzard, not the same ol stuff from cata.

Difference of UH and frost in damage is really quite different in pvp. UH was never really meant to be a burst class like frost. We are much more subtle slowly building up pressure via diseases necros and other means. Until the enemy can no longer take it and they are overwhelmed and die. However if a group of enemies are clumped up and you spread diseases on all of them I think you will find that blood boil will do much more damage than howling blast. Also my necros hit for like 40k each plus 40k absorb so that's pretty much 1 obliterate with just 1 death rune and our soul reaper if done correctly can hit upwards of 150k.
Reply Quote
88 Goblin Warlock
UH group pressure is ridiculous, prob better than HB spam

better necrotic , pet utilities, can tank better than frost

if anything UH is border op
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
03/24/2013 01:14 AMPosted by Zepiroth
-Increased garg damage
Gary scales with Mastery now.

I want to see Asphyxiate replaced with the old Desecration with a few tweaks:

When your Blood Plague deals damage, a 5 yard radius beneath the victim's feet becomes desecrated, reducing the movement speed of all enemies standing upon the unholy ground by 50%.
    Desecrated Ground effects cannot be created within 10 yards of each other and each effect lasts 8 seconds
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Unholy is outperforming Frost by a fairly significant margin - in both PvE and PvP.

It's one of the top PvE damage specs right now

Who says, and where is the proof? Believe me, I hope you're serious because I love unholy in pve, but I remember earlier in MoP everyone said unholy was about even with frost, and it was nowhere near true!
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

It's one of the top PvE damage specs right now

Who says, and where is the proof? Believe me, I hope you're serious because I love unholy in pve, but I remember earlier in MoP everyone said unholy was about even with frost, and it was nowhere near true!

don't mind that post, he doesn't know what he is talking about. Frost out performs UH in pve for most fights and they are tied in PvP at best but saying UH is better all around is nothing but UH snob talk not based on facts.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Death Knight
Frost in 2s
Unholy in 3s
Both have their time and place. The dot pressure of UH is great. With frost you can burst down most people. The only ugly thing once your deathgrip is down, no stun, no chains. You will get lined behind a pillar and be senselessly kited. Yakety Sax style.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I feel Death Knights in general need a little more utility. People whine and complain about us kiting them but have you seen most other classes kite us? O_o
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Unholy dk here, I came first in killing blows for battle of Gilneas yesterday without any S13 conq gear. Got 23 KB, second place was 8. Unholy is fine.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight

don't mind that post, he doesn't know what he is talking about. Frost out performs UH in pve for most fights and they are tied in PvP at best but saying UH is better all around is nothing but UH snob talk not based on facts.

http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Spec_Score/10H/100/14/60/default/
http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Spec_Score/25H/100/14/60/default/

What are you smoking?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
UH snob talk not based on facts.

I lol'd
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
it would be nice if unholy got the duel wield buff instead of frost it would work best with there speed
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]