is auto-interrupt legal or not in arena?

90 Undead Priest
Faced some DK that was using an auto-interrupt addon or some program that would interrupt my cast at 0.1sec

can i report this or is it legal
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
If it's true, it would be against the ToS.

But do you have proof?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
The proof is she is bad....
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Cancel your fake-cast faster then :D
Reply Quote

We can't have logic on these forums, Loser.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I've come across people that can do that before, an old GM (guild master) was teaching me how to pvp and he could interrupt like that, but he said it was because he lived like 5 mins from where the server was in Cali and he never had more than 5 ms.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
lol it is pretty obvious though. I can easily counter it but i wanna get him banned for cheating
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior

The script casts interrupts literally less than half a second after you start casting. You can juke it yes, but you have to have your finger on that Esc button before you even begin the cast.
Reply Quote
10 Night Elf Hunter
The fact that it is a script means there's no skill involved in it. But pvp is totally about being an awesome player, yo.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
If such a thing exists, it'd probably be about as legal as using Gladius, DoT timers, and macros.

Or if it doesn't exist, maybe they are just that good at interrupting that they aren't easily juked.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Faced some DK that was using an auto-interrupt addon or some program that would interrupt my cast at 0.1sec

can i report this or is it legal

Well if it's in the API it's legal, it's probably not an auto interrupt though it's problably just a bar that shows enemy cast bars and he uses a mouse over macro or something on it.
Edited by Ziryus on 3/22/2013 3:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
lol it is pretty obvious though. I can easily counter it but i wanna get him banned for cheating

You could only get him actioned if he were using a third party program.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Out of the roughly 4500+ games I've played I have seen auto kicks twice. I think that people are getting paranoid and starting to claim everyone they can't juke is using a bot.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Out of the roughly 4500+ games I've played I have seen auto kicks twice. I think that people are getting paranoid and starting to claim everyone they can't juke is using a bot.

Maybe so. I remember however this one time in season 11 I ran into someone using that. I remember it because my demonic circle had a cast time of something like 0.3s. Think about it. ONE THIRD of a second for this player to see me casting, react to it, and push his interrupt, accounting for server lag etc.

It happened every time I tried to put a circle down. I know because after the first time, I did a shadowfury to place my circle, and then proceeded to use demonic circle to bait the interrupt so I could freecast soul fire, immolate, incinerate and conflag.

Now you can believe what you want, but I for one do not believe for a second that a player exists that A) can interrupt a 0.3s cast and B) fails to understand that I'm baiting his interrupt with a 0.3 second cast every 10 seconds.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
I've come across people that can do that before, an old GM (guild master) was teaching me how to pvp and he could interrupt like that, but he said it was because he lived like 5 mins from where the server was in Cali and he never had more than 5 ms.

Dude was just lying to cover up his 3rd party exploit hack

Only way to catch stuff at .1 seconds is to anticipate the cast before you even see it.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
RIP pummel feldom
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
There are auto kick programs that are out there. It's something that runs in the background and does the interrupting at mind blowing speed. You can usually tell if someone is using it by using another tree's spell and casting it on cool down. If they catch you every single time right as the cast happens, chances are they're cheating.

I've known of some people to have their buttons where the ability doesn't go off until you've released the button you press to interrupt. They hold the button down when it's off CD and release it as the cast is happening to kick.

At least that's the way they explain it to me.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
it was some script i saw a guy kicking the transformation for that boss in zuldrak cant remember the name of dungeon but he couldnt kick it that fast asked him and he said something about a script.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
this happens. I reported four people from bgs since tuesday, one about two weeks ago and hes since been banned. theyre legit
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
People don't understand that half the people in bgs barely even remember what they have their kick bound to... It's much more likely he remembered it, and pressed it, and lucked out with you starting your cast at the same time... but then again. !@#$ logic.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]