Lower DPS queue times for LFR

100 Draenei Priest
Allowing Healers to roll for DPS items will help a bit, but if you could get healers to want to run LFR twice a week instead of once, that would definitely put a dent in queue times.

Allowing healers to get a 2nd chance on an LFR boss for loot a week would achieve this.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
The change of letting players get the loot they want should do this enough, it will let more geared healers who want dps gear for dailys and such get that gear w/o having to actually dps.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Allowing you to get two chances of loot if you queue as a healer is just going to cause all the hybrids to queue as healer and DPS.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Ya I can defiantly say I will be running most the lfrs when 5.3 hits as holy my main spec to finish my ret and tank spec gear. Mainly my ret spec but hey never know when I might get the urge to get my face smashed in by a raid boss. Hate when I could use 1 item off one of the 3 bosses in lfr for holy but want a ret item off each too.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
Best solution is to find ways to make healing lfr more appealing, rather than "VOTEKICK X HE DIDNT HEAL THE TANK WITH 22 STACKS OF PUNCTURE".

Honestly, healing LFR is either boring, or stressful, it rarely meets that happy medium of accomplishment that you usually get in heroic and early normal kills.

And healers are always making up for player's mistakes, rather than healing normal raid damage (Megaera may be the exception?)
Edited by Azane on 3/23/2013 10:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Well, I *like* healing, even LFR, even when people mess up. I still don't queue for the same LFR section and stay all the way through on a given toon more than once a week except as a favor to friends. I did ToT first half all the way through a 2nd time on my priest, but I was in a pre-made that was doing all the rest of them, so it wasn't a big deal. The VP bonus is just too low to encourage me to stick around. Back at the start of MoP, I did extra MV sections for the bonus valor (it was 80 instead of 45 the second time, IIRC). Of course, everyone has different motivations, and break-points for whether or not it would be worthwhile.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Has Blizzard announced anything concrete they plan to do to try to lower dps LFR queues yet? It just sucks and makes me not want to play.

In fact, tonight, I queued for LFR, which was about 45 mins. I came back later and must have missed the queue. So I would have to queue for another 45 mins just to most assuredly get 3 fail bags. I figured it wasn't worth 3 or so hours for 3 fail bags so I just logged off and didn't play.

Whine, whine, whine, right? Fix this Blizzard. It sucks.
Edited by Ryaeus on 3/23/2013 8:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
How is Blizzard going to fix you tabbing out and missing the queue?
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
In fact, tonight, I queued for LFR, which was about 45 mins. I came back later and must have missed the queue. So I would have to queue for another 45 mins just to most assuredly get 3 fail bags. I figured it wasn't worth 3 or so hours for 3 fail bags so I just logged off and didn't play.

Ya, I turned on wow, and went afk for 30 hours, came back, and I opened my mailbox for no epics.

Seriously, 30 hours of LFR level effort, and I got NOTHING, 30 HOURS
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
aus
Has Blizzard announced anything concrete they plan to do to try to lower dps LFR queues yet? It just sucks and makes me not want to play.

The ability to queue as healer and roll on gear for another role is in 5.3. It should make a difference.

But as asane said lfr healing is mix of the mind numbing boring and barely/unhealable damage as people stand in fire/do things wrong
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Not sure why healers are taking the brunt of this. More often than not lately we've been waiting on tanks.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
The 5.3 changes should make all the difference.

I doubt the allowing second runs would even really do all that much. It wouldn't be enough to make me queue for LFR twice. LFR takes too long and I have better things to do than run it over and over again just so people can have shorter queues. Once a week is more than enough.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Not sure why healers are taking the brunt of this. More often than not lately we've been waiting on tanks.

Personally I rarely tank lfr, I heal or dps. Its just not worth it to tank especially with the mechanics in tot if the other tank sucks your the one that dies, not the other tank.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
When I tank ,I get DPS complaining I pull too slow, and healers complaining Im pulling too fast, at the same time, It's annoying enough I've just stopped.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]