On again, Off again....

55 Human Paladin
I can't say that I'm totally new to WoW, but I'm definitely not as seasoned as a lot are. The highest level I've gotten to on my own, was level 55. My question to you all is - Should I start fresh, or continue with any of my current characters?

Is it even fun to start from the beginning of the game, and work my way through all of the expansions and content?
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
It's hard to say what is fun for you. You shouldn't have much trouble picking back up at 55 however if you haven't done some of the questing zones since their re-vamp in Cataclysm it might be worth doing that.

What sounds like what you want to do the most?
Reply Quote
55 Human Paladin
I like the idea of the pet battle system that was introduced in MoP. Is there a story arc through all the quests that would make it worth starting from the beginning, or are most of the quests self contained?
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
I like the idea of the pet battle system that was introduced in MoP. Is there a story arc through all the quests that would make it worth starting from the beginning, or are most of the quests self contained?

You won't be missing out if you go for example HFP to Zangrimarsh to Nagrand then Borean Tundra to Dragon Blight dungeoning or what not in between. There are stories but anything you miss you can head to wowpedia.org and read about if you like :)

At low levels there are a few zones I recommend for story if people enjoy the lore.

Hordeside Ashenvale, Stonetalon Mountains, Silverpine,
Alliance side Ashenvale, Darkshore,

Bothsides Eastern and Western Plaugelands, Swamp of Sorrows.

Those zones in my opinion offer some interesting quests and story arcs.

As for pet battles you can pick up quests for those as well as earn a small amount of xp for winning pet battles. :)
Edited by Kagara on 3/23/2013 5:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
55 Human Paladin
I'm intrigued.....

If someone previously sent me a SoR and I used it but never re-activated my account, would I be eligible for another one?
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
If you've played at all since March 4th 2012 even a trial you are not eligible for an SoR
Reply Quote
Is it even fun to start from the beginning of the game, and work my way through all of the expansions and content?

It can be, if you enjoy experiencing the content and haven't seen it yet. There are multiple routes to reach the level cap too, so it won't always be exactly the same every time.

For the most part, you'll see the Cataclysm story arcs 1-60 and 80-85, with 85-90 being the continuation in Pandaria, and 60-80 being the Outland and Northrend storylines that preceded Cata. Stories are generally related, but you can start questing in any zone without having done any others, even skip from one continent to the other. The story arc is big enough that you'll mainly just be seeing little episodes that fit together.
Reply Quote
81 Human Warrior
I miss wow... :( I want back. If anyone can let me know a guild build for a gaming pc, to run wow at ultra at 60 fps, under $1000, please let me know. I want to play again so bad im watching stupid streams...
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I miss wow... :( I want back. If anyone can let me know a guild build for a gaming pc, to run wow at ultra at 60 fps, under $1000, please let me know. I want to play again so bad im watching stupid streams...

Maybe don't hijack someone else's thread who's looking for help? I'm sure there are tons of threads where people discuss PC builds.
Edited by Monmonn on 3/24/2013 12:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]