Honour vs. Justice Heirlooms

39 Pandaren Priest
So I'm relatively new, and I've gotten a couple of heirlooms from a couple of guilds, but I've never bought anything with honour or justice points... I just started to pvp a fair bit on some classes and I've noticed a lot of people with heirlooms on that do really well.

I've never noticed anyone in low level BGs that use heirlooms with PVP Resilience or Power (except trinkets), are they not useful stats at low levels? If not, when do they become useful? Are there any heirlooms that provide PVP Power? Does PVP Power have any great influence on damage output in PVE or is it only effective in PVP?

Are justice heirlooms more useful in PVP circumstances at low levels because of the stamina and other stats they provide?

Also, I'm interested in finding out the calculations for how stats interact and how they increase more or less than other stats. Where can I find detailed information about that, if not here?

Thanks in advance!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
You see a lot of both sets of heirlooms in those low brackets generally because people use whatever they have.

Resilience is useful at every level against opponent players, and the honor heirlooms are the only way to get it until level 70ish (I'm pretty sure there's some drops in BC dungeons that have resilience on them)

At the very low level battlegrounds, whichever set you use doesn't really matter. While you get the resilience from honor heirlooms, you get more offensive stats (haste/crit/hit/expertise) from justice heirlooms.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
PvP heirloom => great for people who like to lvling via BGs / Questing and no hesitate to kill other players around that levels.
Before blizz kill off twinks, pvp heirlooms have more useage.

PvE heirloom => great for people who like to lvling via .... pretty much all aspect. They are not as strong as pvp heirloom in BGs but they give you an advantage against those without heirloom anyway. (Max stat scale to your level)

PvE heirloom is more viable because BG queue at low level isn't short. You get more use out of those extra stat vs. mobs in questing instead.
Edited by Ningna on 3/24/2013 8:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Also, I'm interested in finding out the calculations for how stats interact and how they increase more or less than other stats. Where can I find detailed information about that, if not here?

wowhead.com has a slider for the stats of an heirloom that will show you what stats the piece will have at each level.
Reply Quote
39 Pandaren Priest
Thanks for the info!

I should have been more specific though, Kagara. o: I wanted to know which stats are more useful when and how, in general, not for each class, and not what level the heirlooms have them. ;/ It would help me understand why certain stats are more useful if I knew which ones gave the most increases for stats or which gave me the best opportunities to survive and deal damage. For instance, I heard once that PVP Power was effective on every class and item because it acted as a multiplier for attack/spell power, whereas stacking Strength or Intellect didn't multiply the damage. I was wanting to know (if it was true) how much it multiplied it by, how much PVP Resilience helped your defence against other players.

Edit: I've also found wowhead.com to be .. less than accurate on certain aspects of the game when I have looked things up on the site.
Edited by Myrius on 3/24/2013 3:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Ah for that check out either Noxxic.com or icy-veins.com they have great general overview on stats per class and wowpedia.org has lots of great information on what each stat specifically does.

Edit: I've also found wowhead.com to be .. less than accurate on certain aspects of the game when I have looked things up on the site.

I'm curious as to what? It's probably THE most accurate site out there.
Reply Quote
39 Pandaren Priest
Really? o.o Generally quest info and where to get certain items.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Really? o.o Generally quest info and where to get certain items.

One thing to bear in mind is that wowhead has been around for a while. Many of the comments date back to earlier expansions. When in doubt, it is useful to filter comments by expansion to make sure you only access the most up to date comments.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]