I feel like my dps isn't good, need help

90 Tauren Warrior
Hello Warriors,

I am coming here today to ask for your help with my rotation/dps in raid settings, I will provide a log of our most recent fight with megaera 10 man. So after using Mrrobo and reforging/re gemming, I did notice a dps increase, but even after seeing my dps compared to the other raiders in my guild I feel like it still isn't enough.

My rotation that I am using is at the start of the fight I pre pot, pop crit banner, BB, DR then all my crit CD's, BR Csmash RBx2, BT, RB, all while spamming HS while CS is up. Then after that I use Shattering Throw, WS when the procs happen, only using HS if I am about to rage cap or ST/CS is on the target, and using BT when ever it comes up and I try to use RB during csmash as much as I can, but I normally use it when ever I get a proc (is this something I should change? I'm afraid that if I do decide to pool RB procs for csmash that I am going to get another proc from BT and then I just wasted that proc) And then when execute phase happens, pot again, use what ever CD's I have, pool rage for executes during cmash and then BT/RB when ever I can, no more HS and only WS when I get surge procs.

Thanks again, thank you all for reading, here is the log from my most recent fight/kill with mega (2 tanks, 4 dps, 4 heals)

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-2se4sg7s5g34o3mr/details/5/
Edited by Fallingcow on 3/25/2013 12:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Warrior
My rotation that I am using is at the start of the fight I pre pot, pop crit banner, BB, DR then all my crit CD's, BR Csmash RBx2, BT, RB, all while spamming HS while CS is up. Then after that I use Shattering Throw, WS when the procs happen, only using HS if I am about to rage cap or ST/CS is on the target, and using BT when ever it comes up and I try to use RB during csmash as much as I can, but I normally use it when ever I get a proc (is this something I should change? I'm afraid that if I do decide to pool RB procs for csmash that I am going to get another proc from BT and then I just wasted that proc) And then when execute phase happens, pot again, use what ever CD's I have, pool rage for executes during cmash and then BT/RB when ever I can, no more HS and only WS when I get surge procs.

Nowhere in there you mention recklessness, it's our main dps cooldown. Pop it with skull banner and if you have the t14 4 set pop it a minute and a half later as well. Shattering throw is also a dps loss in general, not worth it to use it. (It's even a raid dps loss, as barely any classes get a benefit from it and its a waste of a cast, Collision simmed it somewhere, cant really remember where)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
oh wow, that was a typo error on my part >.> of course I pop reck with my on use crit trinket and SkB, and I guess I can stop trying to use Shat throw considering there is only one other meele/physical dps aside from the tanks and I.
Reply Quote
76 Orc Shaman
Try shieldslam
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Try shieldslam

Fury doesn't have that talent...

.../facepalm
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Read the sticky
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6412422422

Something to keep in mind, assuming you have BR up and Reck available, you SHOULD be able to get 4 RBs in a CS.

Your gear isn't phenomenal, but your gemming is also incorrect. Sim for your weights if need be
160 expertise 160 crit gems are a waste, if matching, you should be using strength and crit gems. Tbh, the gems that you matched, could be 320 crit. The weight for mastery and haste is pretty low for Fury, reforge for expertise, don't gem for it.

Tbh, other than that, ability use looks good, you could have potentially used Reck another time during the fight.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]