What do you guys think about Hearthstone?

100 Goblin Priest
Not talking about the object in your bag either... but the new Blizz game announced this morning. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdXl3QtutQI

Kinda on the fence myself... not quite what I was hoping for :| TCG nerds will probably love it. Personally I never got into the card game, might give it a try tho since it's going to be "free".

You can opt in to beta under your account.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Priest
A lot of game play footage in this video... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vF_PdZybRJE

Definitely has high production quality.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I only use my hearthstone when I want to return to Pandaria when I'm in the old world.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
wait is it based on the actual TCG
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Priest
wait is it based on the actual TCG

I don't think so. Might be the same game play, but I think the cards are totally independent from the actual TCG.
Edited by Aurora on 3/22/2013 7:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
oh yuck

i wonder if there will be loot cards anyways
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
F2P, so no harm in giving it a try once it's out.

Wow, people are actually upset. I mean, the Blizzard fanbase has been known for getting extremely butt hurt in the past, but why would anyone be upset over something that was labeled as a "small announcement" (and unrelated to a new WoW, Diablo, SC, Warcraft etc) from the very start?
Edited by Aleous on 3/22/2013 8:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
All i hear is they terk our jerbs.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I only use my hearthstone when I want to return to Pandaria when I'm in the old world.

This
Reply Quote
I'll pass.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O1hM-k3aUY
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Aleous, I think people were hoping something new would be added to D3, since that sort of fell short, I'm sure people given up on seeing another Warcraft game emerge from the catacombs of Blizzard, and what announcement could people be waiting for in the SC2 universe? The expansion's nearly out on the shelves. Possibly they wanted info on "Titan?" I dunno, Blizzard fanboys think are entitled munchkins.

My opinion:
Free to play; pay to win. No thanks.

I had a lot longer of a post, but people would think I'm hating for articulating reasons why I don't understand the demographic they're going for with this.
Edited by Questina on 3/22/2013 11:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
My opinion:

So, like any other TCG. (Except your starter deck is free.)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I had a lot longer of a post, but people would think I'm hating for articulating reasons why I don't understand the demographic they're going for with this.

Go for it. Who cares what they think. I want to read your hate.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
Aleous, I think people were hoping something new would be added to D3, since that sort of fell short, I'm sure people given up on seeing another Warcraft game emerge from the catacombs of Blizzard, and what announcement could people be waiting for in the SC2 universe? The expansion's nearly out on the shelves. Possibly they wanted info on "Titan?" I dunno, Blizzard fanboys think are entitled munchkins.

My opinion:

There was a tweet that specifically stated it had nothing to do with any current game. It was obvious that the game would be a part of a universe Blizzard has already created, though. Plus, why in the world would they announce something at PAX, when Blizzcon is their time to make the huge/hard hitting announcements?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
03/22/2013 11:50 AMPosted by Bebbit

Go for it. Who cares what they think. I want to read your hate.

It's not hate though, I just don't get who they're appealing to. Why would TCG players play this? They have money invested in their decks, and tournament prizes are pretty nice. I can see a handful of WoW people playing it, then getting frustrated because they're not paying for cards like some other people will be. More power to Blizzard for making a game "that's outside the norm for BLizzard." I just don't get who the target demographic is. Why play a game online that you can play IRL with friends and win prizes from in tournaments? That's all, no venom, just bewilderment.

There was a tweet that specifically stated it had nothing to do with any current game. It was obvious that the game would be a part of a universe Blizzard has already created, though. Plus, why in the world would they announce something at PAX, when Blizzcon is their time to make the huge/hard hitting announcements?

Like I said in my post.

Blizzard fanboys think are entitled munchkins.
Edited by Questina on 3/22/2013 12:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
9 Human Warrior
I'm waiting for news on Everquest Next. Will be hands on demo at this years SOE LIVE event. Slightly...well lets be real here...much smaller Blizzcon type event :) Thinking about making a character on this server, is the low level ganking ridiculous on this server ?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
OMG I CAN'T WAIT!
Reply Quote
I never was into card games except UNO and Mille Bornes when I was a kid.

I'm waiting for Titan or whatever it's called.

What about Wildstar? I wonder how that will be. Didn't some of the old WoW developers help make that one?
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Looks cool, may try it out. I would love to play as some of those heroes from WC3.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]