Bug or intended: Multi-turns stopping at miss

As the title says, I've been noticing that pets who use multiple attacks (Quills, Flurry, Thrash), even when going first, stop their round if the first swipe/hit misses.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Infuriating bug.

I believe it's related to the fix that proc's can't happen if the first hit misses. Ie. you can't miss sleeping gas then put the pet to sleep anyways.
Reply Quote
19 Human Paladin
i noticed that today with mech pets batter attack which is 1-2 attacks and 1 more if faster.

if the first of the 2-3 possible attacks is dodged, it's done. this is new with 5.2 and not sure if it's intended or a bug. 2nd and 3rd attacks never initiate

prior to 5.2 on a batter attack before you would seen something like this:

1 dodge
2 198 dmg
3 miss

or you would see other combos, but you would see 2-3 attacks
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
This is really annoying given that one of the main uses of multihits (and what makes them sometimes worth the risk of getting shut down by shell shield, sandstorm, etc.) is the fact that it's almost impossible to miss every hit outside of defensive CDs.

Some attacks probably legitimately should work this way -- obviously rake and frog kiss and similar stuff with special effects on hit, but maybe also gnaw, comeback, conflagrate and other "conditional extra damage" moves (actually a conditional 2nd hit, which is significant for things like shell shield and lightning storm).

But IMO the 1-3 hit moves and the 1-2, +1 if faster moves should always get all their swings, even if some of them miss. They're not *that* powerful anyway.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]