Beasts of Fable

(Locked)

Fun doing it the first time but as a 'daily'... Thanks. But No Thanks. I thought surely this daily will grant a rare upgrade at the very least every time. I mean... It's not worth doing to level pets, and the daily takes over an hour to do. This reward bag should be pretty good! NOPE. NOTHING. Same old CRAP. Yeah definitely not worth the hour each day. Perhaps do it enough times to get the pets, but then after that, nevah, no way, sowwy.

"Dodge" "Miss"
100 Dwarf Warrior
Yeah, this was my first day of doing it as well. I don't think there is any way i will continue doing them since they arent even worth doing for pet xp on alts.
86 Blood Elf Death Knight
I don't do it every day, but I make sure its always in my quest log. Then, as I putter around Pandaria, if I get near one and I'm thinking of it, I'll do it. I end up completing the quest every 2-3 days. Not that often, but often enough to get 1-2 extra of each of thepets, plus a bunch of stones. And lots and lots of hair.
100 Draenei Hunter
Why does it take you an hour to complete?

If I pick up the quest and my goal is just to complete the quest it doesn't even take 30 minutes.

I am sure there are ways you can make it faster. The rewards have a decent drop rate from the bag so it isn't really that bad of a time investment.
90 Draenei Hunter
The rewards have a decent drop rate from the bag so it isn't really that bad of a time investment.
No, the rewards are binary. You either get a stone or you don't. You either get a pet or you don't. Just like the other bags.

Doing the Pandaria Tamers, you do 10 battles, and get 10 bags. That's 10 chances to get a stone per day. Some days you may not get any, but some days you'll get multiple stones.

Doing the Spirits, you do 4 battles and get 4 bags. That's 4 chances to get a Spirit pet per day. Again, some days you may not get any, other days you'll get multiples.

Doing the Beasts of Fable, you do 10 battles and get 1 bag. That's 1 chance to get a stone or pet per day.

Not to mention, you get the added bonus of increased pet XP from the Tamers and Spirits, so it's worthwhile to level pets with them, because each battle results in multiple levels gained. With the BoF you'd be lucky to get enough XP from ALL the battles to go up ONE level.
100 Draenei Hunter
Ok, but you don't do the beasts of fable quest line to get spirit tamer pets or to level your pets.
You do it to get the new panda pets.

The drop rate for the pandas and the stones are exponentially higher in the fabled bag because of the fact that you have to do ten fights to get the bag.

Looking at wowhead for fabled bags 341 of the 769 times there was a pet in the bag. So 44% of the time there was a pet in there. 50% of the time there was a stone in there.
Not to mention that you can often receive a panda+stone in the same bag.
It isn't a massive sample size but you can clearly see where it is going.

The time investment for the reward is scaled perfectly fine.
Edited by Mallard on 3/23/2013 3:41 AM PDT
90 Orc Hunter

In your opinion. In my opinion, it's not worth my time unless they up the chance of a pet or a stone to 100%.
100 Night Elf Druid
I don't think they expect anyone to keep doing it after they have a complete set of pandas, unless they want more to sell on AH. 50% chance of panda is clearly the main reward, and if you don't want that (or don't want it anymore), then don't do it. Optional content is optional.
90 Draenei Hunter
I don't think they expect anyone to keep doing it after they have a complete set of pandas, unless they want more to sell on AH. 50% chance of panda is clearly the main reward, and if you don't want that (or don't want it anymore), then don't do it. Optional content is optional.
Why on Earth would they suddenly start designing content that they DON'T want you to do after a week or two? That just flies in the face of their entire design philosophy.
90 Goblin Warlock
If I pick up the quest and my goal is just to complete the quest it doesn't even take 30 minutes.

It takes me 30-35 and that's without dying.
Usually though it takes my full lunch hour since I stop to battle trainers along the way, which is fine.

I'll agree that killing all 10 of them each day is a bit daunting but it's definitely worth it. Since the patch I've found 6 pandas and 3 stones, and I have had some of the worst luck with RNG - I'd say the effort:reward is great, even if the effort is a bit staggering.

That's 1 chance to get a stone or pet per day.

You can get a stone and a pet from the same bag for the fabled quest.
Edited by Virmire on 3/23/2013 12:14 PM PDT
90 Draenei Hunter
Ok, but you don't do the beasts of fable quest line to get spirit tamer pets or to level your pets.

No, that's why YOU do it.

The drop rate for the pandas and the stones are exponentially higher in the fabled bag because of the fact that you have to do ten fights to get the bag.
The drop rate is exactly the same on a PER BATTLE basis.

Looking at wowhead for fabled bags 341 of the 769 times there was a pet in the bag. So 44% of the time there was a pet in there. 50% of the time there was a stone in there.

Fine for you, since your idea of effort/reward is different that mine.

Really don't understand why people need to argue against positive changes. If you were Oliver Twist you'd have said "Please sir, give me LESS!"

Edit: no offense, but with that shoddy collection of pets you've got, I can understand better where you're coming from.
Edited by Ashaala on 3/23/2013 1:05 PM PDT
100 Blood Elf Hunter
Happy Pet Snack x2
Well-loved toy

Yup I'm done. The longest daily grind and it often rewards complete vendor trash? Not worth it
100 Draenei Hunter

Really don't understand why people need to argue against positive changes. If you were Oliver Twist you'd have said "Please sir, give me LESS!"

Edit: no offense, but with that shoddy collection of pets you've got, I can understand better where you're coming from.

No, the fabled pets give no realistic exp and their primary reward is the pet. That is literally the entire reason for the existence of the quest. Besides picking up an achievement that is the only reason for ANYONE to do the daily quest.

The drop rate is the same which is exactly what I said. They are scaled to the time investment involved. You have to same chance of getting the pet and/or stone as you would gathering X amount of bags in the same amount of time.
You don't get any exp, however, the quest was not designed for you to gain exp from. It was designed for you to collect the pandas by doing a handful of times. Then you can stop if you don't have the desire to get more than one.

The fact that I only like to collect pets that I find interesting has nothing to do with my ability to see logic in the quest design and not act entitled.
90 Draenei Hunter

No, the fabled pets give no realistic exp and their primary reward is the pet. That is literally the entire reason for the existence of the quest. Besides picking up an achievement that is the only reason for ANYONE to do the daily quest.

The drop rate is the same which is exactly what I said. They are scaled to the time investment involved. You have to same chance of getting the pet and/or stone as you would gathering X amount of bags in the same amount of time.
You don't get any exp, however, the quest was not designed for you to gain exp from. It was designed for you to collect the pandas by doing a handful of times. Then you can stop if you don't have the desire to get more than one.

The fact that I only like to collect pets that I find interesting has nothing to do with my ability to see logic in the quest design and not act entitled.
Except Mumper has already acknowledged that there's issues with the amount of reward you get for the effort you put in, and has said they will be making changes.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Vex
I skipped a few days and I have around 10 pandas not counting the red one. I also got a bunch of stone too. Yes it's annoying to open your bag and get nothing but that's what happens the vast majority of the times with any other tamer anyway.

IMO, definitely worth doing.
100 Night Elf Druid
I'm just glad I already have the set of pandas..

<sighs>
100 Night Elf Druid
I have all the pandas so I stopped doing the quest. For me the time/reward ratio doesn't make them worth doing. YMMV.
Edited by Gilroykilroy on 3/24/2013 2:07 PM PDT
92 Draenei Priest
03/23/2013 08:21 AMPosted by Ryxl

In your opinion. In my opinion, it's not worth my time unless they up the chance of a pet or a stone to 100%.

Then don't do it. There's about a hundred different things to do in game to 'occupy your time'.

I'm completely fine with the bag reward for this daily. 3 possible rare pets and with a guaranteed pet upon initial completion, and a high drop chance of a stone? Sounds pretty fair to me.
100 Night Elf Druid
03/23/2013 11:32 AMPosted by Ashaala
Why on Earth would they suddenly start designing content that they DON'T want you to do after a week or two?

Well, you can't do everything in the game every day. So it's not so bad to be done with one particular thing.

How long did it take you to be done with Raiding with Leashes? (Assuming you didn't just buy them all.) Do you do it anymore? If so, why? Probably to sell the extra pets, which you can also do with the pandas... If not, does it bother you that you're done and can stop doing it? Or that they designed the content so that you COULD be done with it and have nothing more to gain from that particular content except money?

The same question could apply to the Isle of Giants pets and Spectral Porcupette. Once you're done with them, you're done, right? So is that bad design or what?

I don't see how the beasts of fable are any different.
90 Orc Hunter
Then don't do it. There's about a hundred different things to do in game to 'occupy your time'.

I don't.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]