Average Item Level

40 Pandaren Shaman
When people ask your gearscore are they looking for your Average Item Level?

Also, mine says 12, however, my gear goes from level 15-20 so I'm not sure where the 12 comes from. Unless its counting my level 1 guild tabard.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock
Tabards and shirts do NOT count towards ilvl, however, empty slots of other types are considered to have an ilvl of 0, so those really bring it down.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
Your helm necklace, second ring and both trink slots are empty. The trinks will start to appear in 5-10 levels you should start seeing helms, and rings currently.

Gearscore is an outdated add on that gave a "score" based on your equipment. 99% of people use your average item level instead.
You have both an equipped and regular ilvl. You should use the equipped ilvl as your score, as your regular one will count what is in your banks and bags.

Example I have an equipped item level of 466 but a total item level of 467.

If I may add something else... your gear, it needs work. All that Agility, and Strength are wasted on a Resto Shammy. You should be going for Intellect and Spirit as your primary stats and crit, haste, and after level 80 mastery as your secondaries (this is no particular order) Hit is also wasted when healing since heals don't miss. I understand that itemization is far from perfect at lower levels so just do your best to try to replace those pieces.

Finally I wouldn't worry about your item level until you get to end of Wrath/beginning of Cata level content before that as long as you are taking quest rewards and dungeon drops appropriately you have nothing to worry about. As you progress you won't be able to do certain content until you have a high enough item level :)
Edited by Kagara on 3/23/2013 5:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
40 Pandaren Shaman
Thanks for clearing that up for me.

I've just been taking items based on armor value for the most part. Now that I'm in my 30's I'm doing more dungeons and healing so I'll be paying more attention to the stats as you suggested.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Unless you're a tank you should pretty much ignore armor values. And even then tanks focus on other stats more then that.

Item level really isn't something to even think about until max level.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]