Tauren or Blood Elf

85 Dwarf Paladin
I'm transfer/faction changing this guy and can't decide on what race to change him to. There seem to be an overwhelming number of Blood Elf Paladins which sways me towards a Tauren. But would the large body size get in my way in PVP or PVE?

I don't really care much for the racials since they wont really make much of a difference.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
fem belf

I only went tauren because the pally CM set looks amazing on it
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Tauren males sometimes have collision issues with some objects, most often doorways.

There's way more blood elf paladins because they were first, and a lot of people still like them more or don't want to race change or make a new paladin.

plus we /hairflip
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
The only thing that really causes issues for tauren is doors (sometimes ceilings if they're really, really low). We have the same hitbox size as everyone else so it's not like tauren get hit by things others won't just because they're big. And as long as you zoom the camera out it shouldn't block your view.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Lady belfs are the way to go, always. My only gripe is that the vast majority of two-handed weapons we hoist around scale to exactly the same size as one-handers. We get dainty little beatsticks.

I mean to swing around a hammer the size of a Tauren or so help me >:(
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm transfer/faction changing this guy and can't decide on what race to change him to. There seem to be an overwhelming number of Blood Elf Paladins which sways me towards a Tauren. But would the large body size get in my way in PVP or PVE?

I don't really care much for the racials since they wont really make much of a difference.

might have problems sneaking in and out of the zerker hut in WSG while mounted as a tauren. lag plays a factor in that sort of thing. mount too ofc

i know you said you don't care about racials, but i find the blood elf silence invaluable as ret. so great chaining it with hoj for an 8 sec lockout on a healer (or 12 sec if you begin with rebuke!)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Lady belfs are the way to go, always. My only gripe is that the vast majority of two-handed weapons we hoist around scale to exactly the same size as one-handers. We get dainty little beatsticks.

yea, lol. it's been hard to adjust to female BE. i sorely miss my GM claymore...that sword is a BEAST on a female human
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It's much easier to see everything as a Tauren on the battlefield, but BE's are so much more fabulous!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Taurens are more badass, however, you will get targeted more in BGs just because you stand out.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Taurens are more badass, however, you will get targeted more in BGs just because you stand out.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Honestly, whatever looks cooler to you. There are items like noggenfogger (makes you smaller) and Savory Deviate Delights (lolPirate/Ninja) for specific situations.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Well I've found female taurens don't have any clipping issues with gear.. Plus we're awesome :)
Reply Quote
I actually find that the smaller races are targeted more in BGS :< I was on my Gobby shaman and they just nuked me. Was on my Gnome priest and warlock, I got nuked... sometime later my lock is now a Blood Elf, and they don't pay any attention to me lol :s
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I really don't know how true the whole "the bigger you are the more you're targeted" is. I know that when I'm facing the opposite faction I don't pay attention to size. I tend to just go for who's either alone or healers.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin

This is true. However this is one of the reasons why I love being a Tauren.

Oh the times I've went into randoms, stomped some pug players here and there until they all just literally stop the objectives of the BG just to target me and kill me first.

I'm partial to Tauren. Always have been so I'd say Male Tauren. Don't care if there isn't many Fem Tauren's out there so it would make you "unique" as playing one or if some of the gear may look better.. I want the full brute size of a big !@# Male Tauren swinging away with his massive 2H weapon.

I've said this before, but thing I like to do is grab a berzerker, drink a growth potion of any kind, and have someone Lust/Time Warp and watch how completely massive you get in the BG while popping your CD's. It will have the whole Alliance team flock to you just to be able to kill the big mighty Tauren. You'll be treated like a raid boss.

However if you do it in WSG you have to grab the berzerker then drink the potion or other wise your character will get stuck inside the hut. I've learned that the hard way.

Lastly I will admit, PvP wise the Belf racials do outshine the Tauren, but I don't mind throwing a HoJ and then war stomping before it's up for that extra couple seconds of a stun. 8 second stun FTW.

When it comes to looks...sure if you're more worried about how cute you look when you PvP while doing the little quirky spin jump, then by all means go Belf... butttt if you want to look like an intimidating brute, then Tauren is where it's at.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
fem belf

I only went tauren because the pally CM set looks amazing on it
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
For me, it is all aesthetics. Tauren are badass big power machines with giant weapons. I just hate the back hair having to stare at it when I'm walking around(although in PvP... if you notice it you are playing wrong! :P) We stand out! If they target me even better, i like being on giant mounts too :D

Downside: Aoe silence is preferably better because it is instant and shuts down casters. The helmet doesn't go above the shoulders so it looks weird. At least sexy shoulders are bigger.

Blood elf: Well, i think armor and head pieces look better on them because of shoulder height is lower. They have nice hair but.. !@#$ that helm looks better imo.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
03/24/2013 01:26 PMPosted by Majintherm
fem belf

Female blood elves must work at the redundant department of redundancy.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]