Breaking Resto Druid T14 set bonuses

Hey guys, I'm a little unsure if I'm making a mistake breaking my 4 piece set bonus. I obtained a 522 chest piece this week in our ToT run and replaced an LFR chest piece. I think the massive stat increases are worth the set breaking, but I'm just not sure. Maybe I should find an HoF run and get a 496 leg or chest piece and bring back the 4 set bonus. I also picked up my LFR T15 legs, so I'm close to getting my T15 2 set bonus. I'm curious what others think would be the better course of action.

I'm a relatively new healer, so I'm just unsure if breaking healer set bonus are similar to breaking dps set bonuses in that they are avoided until you can replace it with a set bonus from the next tier.

Thank you in advance for any advice.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
If you're going to run with incarnation like you're currently specced, then it doesn't matter much that you're breaking that 4pc.

4pc bonus shines with soul of the forest, not incarnation.
Reply Quote
1 Undead Hunter
I bounce back and forth between sotf and incarnation based on what I think will be better for the fight. I was using the current spec for Megaera, thinking it was more helpful for the burst healing for rampage. But I think I do use incarnation more often than sotf.

Edit: Sorry, didnt realize I was on my bank alt. this is the OP.
Edited by Moneybanks on 3/23/2013 5:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I'd probably have run sotf for megaera anyway imo.
sotf+wg on every rampage and sotf+tranq every couple would seem to be vastly superior to incarnation only every 2-3. But that's another debate

But if you're rolling incarnation more often than not, I'd probably go ahead and break the 4pc as long as it's a big stat gain.
Edited by Tonydanza on 3/23/2013 9:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Alright the 4pc is not only great because of sotf it's great simply for the fact of being able to swiftmend 25% more of the time in any spec.

I'm in the same situation but as a sotf build no stats are worth loosing it for me from a single pc of gear.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I am in no hurry to break T14.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I know there's a big stat increase, but I been debating about breaking my T14. I always run with SoTF and the fact SM and WG line up is amazing. I think without it it'll be clunky
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Be aware that the 4-pc bonus is only beneficial if you are using SM right on CD. Any hesitation nullifies the bonus.

I broke it and I'm still fine with SotF. I've found I'm not using SM on CD, but instead just waiting for predictable big damage. I dropped my 496 helm for a Thunderforged (528) helm instead. Gained nearly 500 Intellect alone, not to mention the huge boost in secondary stats.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Be aware that the 4-pc bonus is only beneficial if you are using SM right on CD. Any hesitation nullifies the bonus.

I broke it and I'm still fine with SotF. I've found I'm not using SM on CD, but instead just waiting for predictable big damage. I dropped my 496 helm for a Thunderforged (528) helm instead. Gained nearly 500 Intellect alone, not to mention the huge boost in secondary stats.

I can argue that for an overwhelming majority of boss encounters that a sotf build a hasted rejuv/Lifebloom for any damage on any raid member is still superior to pure stats alone when SM+WG on CD is not called for. While you can do this without the 4pc chances are great that SM+WG will be called for on CD more often than not on lots of encounters. What good are more stats (taking your argument) when SM is not needed on CD all the time? Are extra stats in very low damage going to boost OH to lb/rj rolling on the tank? I don't get the reasoning. Where exactly is the gain from stats if SM is not needed on CD anyways?

Claiming that not being able to SM on CD nullifies the bonus is not true since you can always SM on CD on someone or the tanks and hast a rj/LB even IF it some ticks happen to have a potential OH (clearly OH is not always the case). We don't not keep LB rolling because it potentially goes into OH on low levels of damage on any particular fight do we? What about rolling rejuv on the tanks? The issue with sims is they don't account for the dynamics of a real raiding environment and that is a very real concern when we're arguing gains or losses.

The fact that a sync'd SM+WG is used more often than not means those times when it is needed the loss of the 4-pc creates a loss in overall throughput even with a net gain in int and secondary stats. Nothing holds true for every boss encounter. But ask yourself, does it hold true a majority of he time on all bosses? i.e. does casting WG on CD happen more often than it does not in a standard 6 minute fight? I think it does.

Being able to cast SM more per minute on fights where it's called for is superior to some stats from a single piece of ilvl gear imo.

I'll add that this is dealing with heroic tier/upgraded which isn't worth a single 522/528 item switch. Now 2 pieces might be another matter depending on which tier levels you're replacing.
Edited by Moophious on 3/24/2013 3:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I certainly understand the strengths of the SM WG combo. My initial thought process when breaking the set bonus was this: Being able to buff WG every time is a strong utility, but removing the buff and still casting WG on cd, we are still able to buff WG every other time. SM-WG, SM-Rejuv, SM-WG. The increased healing from the extra int and mastery on every single heal i do seems like the way to go.

I'm not too stoked about or T15 2 piece set bonus as I think it is very situational for me running in ten man raids.

I appreciate everyone's input. This is giving me a lot of different points I hadn't thought of. Thanks all :)
Edited by Glasscore on 3/24/2013 3:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
the question boils down a lot to -

If you're running sotf 100% of the time

You're gaining a lot of stats - say if you have a very weak set pc that's not heroic or not upgraded.

Now if you have two pieces of 522 gear over non heroic/upgraded pieces then certainly the switch looks much clearer.

I have a !@#$ helm and have a 522 helm in my bags but personally will only switch it out this Tuesday when i get some 522 legs (because my legs are not tier) and the combined stats will be a clear win.
Reply Quote
Haha that was the same situation I was at. We just came to different conclusions. I don't think I would have made the change if the chest wasn't a crappy LFR piece. My hunter has ToT LFR helm and legs in my bags right now, but I won't bother equipping either of them because there isn't a shot in hell I'm dropping my tier bonus for that stat increase.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]