Unlock windows ?

(Locked)

Is there a way to unlock a window so I can move it around ? For example, every time I open my Mount/Pet Journal, it opens on the far left side of the screen, and my screen is pretty big. It is a huge PITA. Surely there is some way I can unlock it and move it to the center ?

Thanks in advance :)
100 Troll Priest
download the addon move everything. It does just that :)
92 Worgen Warlock
It's actually move anything.
http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/move-anything

And you can't do it without an addon for most windows, annoyingly enough.
Thanks for your replies, folks. I downloaded and installed MoveAnything, and it shows as being installed, but I can't see that anything is different...windows still not moveable. The page for this addon at Curse.com was not very helpful...could ya'll give me some tips on how to properly use MoveAnything to get my windows to be moveable ?

Thanks !!!
100 Night Elf Mage
First make sure that the addon is enabled (may need to check 'load out of date' box), and is fully updated.

Here are the Slash Commands:

/move - toggles MA window
/move frameName - toggles moving of frame named "frameName"
/hide frameName - toggles visibility of frame named "frameName"
/mafe frameName - toggles a frame editor for frame named "frameName"
/unmove frameName - resets frame named "frameName"
/movelist - lists profiles
/moveimport profileName - import settings from profile into the current profile
/moveexport profileName - exports settings into named profile
/movedelete profileName - deletes named profile

Got the above from the description that is available in the curse.com app. More info there.
I can't believe I'm a great-grandfather, a college graduate, and a computer programmer, and I can't figure out how to use a stupid addon. How embarrassing. Oh well, at my age, I probably won't remember this tomorrow anyway....
I can't believe I'm a great-grandfather, a college graduate, and a computer programmer, and I can't figure out how to use a stupid addon. How embarrassing. Oh well, at my age, I probably won't remember this tomorrow anyway....
90 Night Elf Druid
Zamma, the key to using Moveanything is that you first have to turn on the option that reports the frame stack, mouse over whatever it is you want to move so that you get the frameid, and then you can go into the settings and detail how you want the frame to be moved.

It's not "Gui", such as click and drag, and the documentation as to how to use it leaves a significant amount to be desired.

I'm not at my own system at the moment so I can't be more detailed at the moment - if you can't figure it out from the pretty generic description that I recall off the top of my head post back, or in the "UI and Macro" forum, and someone can give you more detailed instructions.

Once you figure it out the first time it's not too hard - it's figuring it out the first time that's a bit tough. Especially if you are expecting it to turn on some automated drag and drop style functionality.

<S>
100 Night Elf Mage
I just installed it after finding out about it. There is a button that will show up when you bring up the options menu. It will be below everything else including the menu box (its weird) and it will say Move Anything. Click that and go from there.
90 Goblin Priest
I tried this addon after I read this thread. I was successful in moving my character portrait, but couldn't figure out where to find the chat screen. Any idea where that might be listed in the menu?
90 Night Elf Rogue
The chat screen is already moveable without that addon, just click the label of the chat window and drag it around to where you want it.
90 Goblin Priest
I just tried it. I could move the Combat Log lable around with no problem, but the Gereral tag stays put. Maybe I have addon that is affecting it or something. It isn't a big deal, I would just like to shift the whole chat window down a bit so it is closer to the toolbars.
100 Human Paladin
Sometimes the combat log becomes detached from the overall chat. You can plop it back by dragging it back to the chat area (may take some fiddling to get it to 'lock'). Then you can do what Avanna suggests and you should be able to move the whole thing. Note you might have to right click the lable and toggle lock/unlock window (or something similar).
90 Goblin Priest
Unlock window. That did the trick. Thanks!
90 Dwarf Priest
Deleted (posted in wrong tab)
Edited by Thornscar on 3/27/2013 8:08 AM PDT
90 Dwarf Hunter
Without wanting to necro this thread, there is an easier more user friendly addon called DragEmAll that simply allows you to move most windows around in game with a simple mouse click
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]