Annoying dpsers in dungeons

72 Human Paladin
So I tank most dungeons on this prot paladin I made and I just levelled a rogue to 80 and a hunter to 60 to see what I wanted to play at 90 after a three year break from wow. So at level 56 in black rock depths my rogue did about 700 dps and my hunter did a bit more, maybe 800, my prot paladin does like 900-1300 because of all the aoe which tends to be like 40-60% of the groups damage.

Today I had to answer the phone for a job interview and I asked the warrior to respec prot and tank for a bit, which he did. When I got back I saw two things

1. I was number two on the damage meter with 28% damage done
2. Three members of the group were trying to get me kicked

The first a mage with boa gear doing 315 dps, the second a rogue with decent blues doing like 390 dps and the healer.

What gives? Even though I was afk for about fifteen minutes I put in more effort than they did (I refuse to believe a mage in boas at level 56 caps out on dps at just over 300) and put in a lot of effort every dungeon... sort of, but definitely more than these half afk dpsers who end up doing 9% of the groups damage despite queing as damage dealers.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
pug = box of chocolates = never know what your going to get

RUN FORREST RUN!
Reply Quote
72 Human Paladin
I felt violated by their words when here I am, for 37 levels or so MASHING MY FINGERS TO THE BONE, hitting every aoe in the books and for what, nothing except to be laughed at by mousies.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Bads with egos will still be bads; ignore them and move on.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
You're in the level range where some of the dps are going to be absolutely awful.

Wait until you get into the upper 80's and you see dps that are still doing under 10k and they start arguing about how someone doing 30-40k is cheating or hacking.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
This seems like it would be better suited for General then the Paladin forums.....

DPS numbers at that level range are always low, not much to be done about it and Tanks are always quite high.

Doesn't really level off till the higher level ranges. So no need for that trash talk.

As for them trying to kick you, well you did kinda leave for over 15 mins. Evidently most of the group didn't want you kicked or you would have been.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
people use skada in low level dungeons O.o
Reply Quote
72 Human Paladin

Well I do to see what rotations work best for me and because I can see the abilities other people use to deal damage.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
03/23/2013 10:53 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
DPS numbers at that level range are always low, not much to be done about it and Tanks are always quite high.

In the 50's, all dps specs are capable of over 600 dps now, and breaking 60 means a lot of them can do 1k pretty easily. Most people don't.. but they can. Playing around in randoms on my 63's I occasionally get people in the group who are able to get well over 1k, and people who aren't breaking 500.

It's active when I make new toons, and don't turn it off.. so you see what you're doing.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
In the 50's, all dps specs are capable of over 600 dps now, and breaking 60 means a lot of them can do 1k pretty easily. Most people don't.. but they can. Playing around in randoms on my 63's I occasionally get people in the group who are able to get well over 1k, and people who aren't breaking 500.

Tanks will still usually easily surpass that with some nice chain pulling. Point being there's no reason to judge recount in leveling content.

I'm all about chewing people out at max level when they should know better by then.

Some people are still learning a new class, some people just don't care. Why should they really, not like any of the content requires anyone to be competent in their actual role no matter what it is.

Leveling content is that pointless now.

So I think talking crap about DPS and rambling about how much more effort someone else put in is rather silly.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]