9 ToT bosses, 9 mogu runes. All gold.

90 Worgen Mage
i bet blizzard wishes they never implemented this bonus roll system.

Hard to tell. The bonus roll coins are what's keeping people logging in and doing dailies every day, even if they don't need the VP rewards. I make a point of getting my Arcane Troves every day in hopes of bonus scenario keys to get extra mogu coins from burial troves.
Edited by Digerati on 3/22/2013 12:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

So honestly, an upgrade every two weeks shouldn't be that terribly unexpected or obscene. Especially when you start a tier with lots of upgrades available.

Of course it's not obscene, but I don't think *anything* should be "expected". You have a VERY SMALL chance of winning loot, which means you have a VERY GOOD chance of walking away with nothing but bags and VP. If you have an issue with this, I strongly encourage you to try your luck at normal raiding where you can at least see your fellow raiders get upgrades that may benefit you in some way.

not getting at least one item a week will be extremely rare, especially if you coin some of them.

Actually, without rolls you have a 14.22% chance to NOT get an item off of 12 bosses, and about an 8.7% chance with 3 bonus rolls. So while you're VERY likely to get an item, it certainly wouldn't be "very rare" (especially when you factor in duplicates or already upgraded slots)
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
Actually, without rolls you have a 14.22% chance to NOT get an item off of 12 bosses, and about an 8.7% chance with 3 bonus rolls. So while you're VERY likely to get an item, it certainly wouldn't be "very rare" (especially when you factor in duplicates or already upgraded slots)

Still beats my acquisition rate in normal or heroic. Not counting that I'm 3rd tank so I soak a lot of offspec gear
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
nobody else finds it ironic he has 10 pieces of RF gear on and no glyphs? He's trolling.

I ran icc for truama the WHOLE tier and never go it. First time i ever did UP in wrath i got the blue proto drake. RNG is a fickle mistress.
Edited by Sadiemay on 3/22/2013 12:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

Still beats my acquisition rate in normal or heroic. Not counting that I'm 3rd tank so I soak a lot of offspec gear

I'm currently sporting one piece of non-VP gear from the current tier and I have 2 pieces of Heroic Thunderforged gear sitting in my bags. Gotta love previous tiers' strong set bonuses. =(
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Of course it's not obscene, but I don't think *anything* should be "expected". You have a VERY SMALL chance of winning loot, which means you have a VERY GOOD chance of walking away with nothing but bags and VP.

A 15% chance of loot per boss, and then the coin's chance (I've never really looked, but assume it's less or the same as the initial chance) is not a small chance when you clear an entire tier of LFR content. With 6 bosses (or 9 in total for both weeks) I wouldn't say there is a small chance of walking out with loot either. I would say there's a good chance for either one to happen. For me, I got a staff from Horridon first week, but it wasn't an upgrade. And this week I ran Both and walked out with all bags/gold with two coins used (wtb meg trinket).

When I say I expect to get an upgrade I basically mean odds are in my favor that I will get something I need. Not that I'm going to rage at Blizzard, or create a thread about it if I don't. And that's what I meant when the tier is fresh, and upgrades are abundant. When the last chunk of ToT is out for LFR and I run the entire thing for the week I'm going to expect to walk out of it with something I needed because almost all the items there is something I can use. Of course it may not happen, but I still expect it to happen because that it would be unlikely to not walk out with something.

If you have an issue with this, I strongly encourage you to try your luck at normal raiding where you can at least see your fellow raiders get upgrades that may benefit you in some way.

Actually I do normal raids. In fact, I did heroic raiding in T14 on my old main. I'm taking a break from srs bsness hardkore PvE so I'm only 2/12 in ToT, and this guy only saw like 13/16 normal. The reason I still have some LFR pieces is because RNG really took a dump on me on specific bosses >.>

So while you're VERY likely to get an item, it certainly wouldn't be "very rare" (especially when you factor in duplicates or already upgraded slots)

Well, I did say you should walk out with an item. We've all gotten duplicate things from LFR, or watch the same crap keep dropping in normal/heroic.

I ran icc for truama the WHOLE tier and never go it. First time i ever did UP in wrath i got the blue proto drake. RNG is a fickle mistress.

Hah, I was a resto shaman in ICC. The heroic version was so baller (and arguably BiS over legendary), but I had to turn off my healing numbers because it was literally killing my FPS.
Edited by Varlth on 3/22/2013 1:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]