WoW has gone soft on us

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Being a player that started in BC, I can say without a doubt that WoW today is way too overpowered.

I think it's ridiculous how much a single heal can actually heal for at the lowest of levels these days! Both in PvP and PvE it seems that now that healing is way too overpowered, there's no challenge whatsoever to keep your players alive.

PvE: What happened to challenging dungeons prior to max level range? (ex. 85-90) Non-existent. Dungeon running is now very tedious now that each dungeon doesn't pose a threat to me. Where's the fun in that?

If you're going to overpower the healing, you should scale the damage you take according to an appropriate amount based on what your healer can heal. I find that the most basic or weakest heals can literally heal for the tanks entire health bar. That is ridiculous! Either increase the damage we take, or decrease the healing. (although the damage we do take seems correct and fitting for each role, but the healing doesn't match it.)

I understand there are heroic modes for players who want a challenge, but even when I was running heroics at level 90, tanks don't even need me half the time (me obviously being a healer at the time) in this case the healing is correct, but not the damage. I remember just last expansion, we we're basically forced to use some sort of cc in order to get through basic trash mobs in heroic dungeons. Now that was a challenge.

Now all the tank needs is hit and stamina, just grab the whole group, maybe even two at a time, and all will be good without the use of cc of any sort. Where's the challenge at?

PvP: Like I said earlier, the healing system is way too overpowered until you hit max level range (85-90). If you don't have BoA's and greens in every slot at low levels, don't even bother attempting to queue for battlegrounds. Well okay, that's a challenge somewhat, only if druids weren't such so overpowered.

I can understand somewhat that healing is overpowered for this, considering that every class has a stun or interrupt of some sort to prevent healing at some time or another. But of course you give druids instant healing spells, 2 forms that exceed the standard running speed of each class by 30%-40% I believe. You want to root a druid? nahh they'll just shapeshift to get out of that. small issues yes, but why did they give druids all this before level 14?- enough of druids, back onto the main idea.

PvP isn't exactly broken at max level range so I can't complain about that.

BoA's already give an unfair advantage to the veteran players compared to the newbies (which is acceptable in my mind) but god damn do we seriously have to buff healing that much?

Overall healing is way too overpowered for everything, and I find that very annoying because back in the day healing was nowhere near this powerful. I know it won't be changed but I just wanted to type my thoughts and put myself out there before I get too mad at this game, although, I will continue to play this game because the problems do not exceed my patience (yet) but all I want is a challenge Blizz :) Cataclysm gave us a challenge in PvE, why couldn't you do it again for MoP?

~Atros~
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Shaman
Because there are NINETY FREAKING LEVELS, and most people are max level.

The majority of the game is for max level. It's sad, but it's the truth; there is limited developer time and max level is always the priority. When lower levels got prioritized before, few people particularly cared (Cata 1-60 revamp).

If you have a serious problem with it, Blizzard is always hiring talented developers.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I'm assuming you started playing in Vanilla or BC? Levels 1-80 are about the equivalent of Vanilla/BC levels 1-30 in both intended time investment and intended difficulty. Level 60 is about like level 15; Hellfire Ramparts is the new Ragefire Chasm.

This is necessary in order to keep the game approachable for new players. 90 levels, all at their original difficulty and leveling speed, would be an almost insurmountable barrier to a new player. The current leveling curve is intended to get players in sight of the max level before slowing them down and asking them to learn game/class mechanics.
Reply Quote
No my main is 90, don't know why I have this character selected, and I was simply just venting because I had a terrible experience on my lowbie just now xD and I had a long day at work so that didn't help lol
Reply Quote
But I was sincerely disappointed at how easy the pandarian dungeons were, I dunno, I had higher expectations considering cataclysm was pretty difficult at first :(
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Challenge modes are more difficult, try doing those
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
But I was sincerely disappointed at how easy the pandarian dungeons were, I dunno, I had higher expectations considering cataclysm was pretty difficult at first :(

The difficulty of the panda "heroics" has absolutely nothing to do with the power of healers and everything to do with blizzard wanting them to be easy.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
When they were new and people didn't know the mechanics, and were still in mismatched old tier and quest/dungeon blues it was harder. Its not going to stay hard with experience and gear. But hey now we have challenge modes, those are plenty hard even with gear so that's an option if you want to make life more difficult.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
You hit 90 a bit late in the expansion. So many people have some LFR epics now, unlike previous expansions.

Shado-pan Monastery was AWFUL week 1 and 2 of release, not many groups I've gotten in even killed the sha boss. The trash before sha was pretty bad, people would aoe the small shas and die. The trash after was really bad too. It brought back memories of trying to heal people who couldn't CC/dispel the flame casters in ZA during cata.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
This thread is a couple years late.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
BEcause WoW always centers (or tries to) Balance around Max level, not low levels
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
It has more to do with the intent being for random groups of idiots to be able to complete the dungeons than anything else. Everything in sight was nerfed heavily when lfg was introduced because unorganized groups of random strangers couldn't be expected to actually plan pulls, use CCs, and other demonstrations of minimal skill. The disaster that was Cata release heroic lfgs pretty well demonstrates this.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
03/24/2013 01:52 PMPosted by Kuwilei
Levels 1-80 are about the equivalent of Vanilla/BC levels 1-30 in both intended time investment and intended difficulty

I couldn't disagree more about the difficulty. In BC level 9 questing in Durotar was ~ Normal mode Raid difficulty now, for me anyways. Idc how good you were, you died if you played back then, over and over again.

Um...lol? You are so exaggerating mister Troll. :-P
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
I was playing my 62 druid today and the tank had 9k health. I think most tanks towards the end of TBC were at 11k. My healing touch crit for 21k.

So twice his health....
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
in Wrath my flash heal full healed the tank on a crit, and this was being undergeared for the content. now you can't full heal the tank with any of your spells, or any two of them. basically you are as wrong as you could be about the trend damage patterns and healing are undergoing.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
The Cata Heroics proved some things for certain, OP;

People are lazy.

People don't want challenging dungeons, they want loot/currency mills. Difficult dungeons *take too long* for the average random group.

This is why they were nerfed, and why we probably won't see something like them as standard content in the future. It's already been said, but I'll reiterate it - if you want challenging dungeons, go run the Challenge modes.

Riôt
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
I was playing my 62 druid today and the tank had 9k health. I think most tanks towards the end of TBC were at 11k. My healing touch crit for 21k.

People were hitting 11k-12k in vanilla and by people, I mean warriors.

BC was averaging around 30k for end raid geared tanks. Kara tanks were around 22k-24k.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I no longer care if 5-mans/heroics are hard or not. Sure, I've got lots of fond memories of well-played CC in Shadow Labyrinth, or doing a fine job LOS pulling trash out of that anti-magic zone in Vortex Pinnacle.

But overcoming a challenge is only enjoyable if the people in the group that is overcoming the challenge is also enjoying it. For every good memory of challenging heroics, I have memories of unending whining in Grim Batol, and groups just giving up in Shattered Halls.

I'll take my challenge in raids -- where I know that I'll be with 9 other people who all want to do well, rather than 4 people who may or may not know how to use more than one or two of their abilities.

BC was averaging around 30k for end raid geared tanks. Kara tanks were around 22k-24k.

That sounds about right. I remember being pleased when my warrior hit 25k in Kara.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]