Battle.net Error #105

70 Worgen Warrior
I keep getting this message whenever I try to log into WoW. I can make it into Diablo III, and Starcraft II just fine, but WoW is just not working, and I keep on getting the Battle.net Error #105.

Also, it seemed to have come up shortly after patch 5.2 if that helps (like a few days after Patch 5.2 went live).

Thanks for reading!

NOTE: This is the same post word for word as another post I put into the Technical Support Forum earlier before I put it over here due to me playing on a Mac, in case you cared.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Hey Nattenhymne,

Most times this happens when a security application blocks a connection to our server.

We've had quite a few binary hotfix patches come out, can you run your launcher to make sure everything is updated?

Also, try closing background applications to see if this helps.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I had the same problem i did dns config and flush nothing happened, i found a post on a russian website that suggested to turn off all house computers and reset internet modem and that did fix it
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
We're aware this issue as well.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/blog/9623412/

EDIT: This should be resolved now.
Edited by Machkhan on 4/30/2013 12:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I'm getting the same error (105). I've flushed my DNS, tried starting both 32 and 64 clients. Unfortunately, my Launcher just hangs.

This is my first few logons since yesterday's maintenance.

How can I fix this?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
look @ the thread created by swiss and look for omega's suggestions, they work!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I too am getting this error; switching to 32bit worked, but naturally this isn't ideal; hopefully this gets fixed soon.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
It just bites that I've done nothing on my end for it to suddenly not let me log in. With the subscription fee you pay just to play, you also have to read up, be an IT sleuth and still not get it to work.
Not just that, I have to go through all the forums just to figure out which ones have the most helpful tips.
Two days later, lots of frustration and it still doesn't work. Frustrating!
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
100 Draenei Mage
Hmm #105 'eh ?

Try this :

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pa2ggg4ls1z4gmv/7-ZR6wXjUW?m

Download all three files and put in :

Blizzard0205132319.zip and put in Mac HD -> Users -> Shared

Preferences0205132327.zip and put in Mac HD -> Users -> Your_login_name -> Library -> Preferences.

or you can get to that folder by opening the Go Menu in the finder -> Go to folder and copying/pasting the following path :

~/Library/Preferences

Do all this after having freshly restarted
Reply Quote
look @ the thread created by swiss and look for omega's suggestions, they work!

Wrong.

Those suggestions do not work, not for everyone that is (me included).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]