So shaman sucks, and we get... no response?

90 Draenei Shaman
There are numbers and threads all over these forums about how poorly shaman healers and other shaman specs perform relative to others. Shaman community is on their knees, and there is no response from Blizzard. When beloved mages dropped from the top spot, they got a hot fix and nerf to competitors within days. WTH?
Reply Quote
3 Tauren Warrior
The first part of 5.3 note's are up just hope there are some shaman changes in this patch since they got kicked under the rug last patch
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Probably cause shammys are the bee's knees. IMO ill take a shammy any day of the week and twice on Sunday if I have a difficult progression encounter. Final healing totals are way overrated, I look at what healers do when the chips are down during burst damage and shammys rock at this.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Probably cause shammys are the bee's knees. IMO ill take a shammy any day of the week and twice on Sunday if I have a difficult progression encounter. Final healing totals are way overrated, I look at what healers do when the chips are down during burst damage and shammys rock at this.

this
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Blizzard is just doing their best to faithfully reenact Tier 12 and relive the fond memories Resto Shaman have regarding that time's spec disparity.
Reply Quote
88 Human Mage
Game master told me there is strenght in numbers regarding this particular issue. I can only hope devs are reading these boards.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman

This guy clearly knows what he's talking about everyone! Shamans are the bee's knees after all -- right?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Ololol well you just have a heal spec you can switch to when your dps is under -- hahaoh wait.

Mages are such prima donnas
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
I'm just hoping they dont create another DS tier where shaman healers are the super healers and ignore the actual issue at hand which is the lack of mobility and ability to heal the spread.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
I still remember that post from blizzard where they said they acknowledge resto shamans issues with spread healing so said they were buffing riptide and adding the stam buff to heals

*boggle*

having said that, with the change to HST and the addition of HTT, ascendancy and RT / CH gylphs, it's nowhere near as bad as it was in tier12
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
There are numbers and threads all over these forums about how poorly shaman healers and other shaman specs perform relative to others. Shaman community is on their knees, and there is no response from Blizzard. When beloved mages dropped from the top spot, they got a hot fix and nerf to competitors within days. WTH?

Although I agree that Shamans are performing a little under par, actually anything but HPally or Disco is looking under par (absorbs are out of control), the comments towards Mages was not needed and makes your thread look childish. Try again with some constructive arguments not irrelevant remarks.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
03/22/2013 07:05 PMPosted by Dmassey

this

The fact that they are completely excluded from 49% of the first kills in the world top 5 25H guilds this tier debunks your theory.
Reply Quote
94 Night Elf Druid
Players have a strong tendency to turn a 5% difference on meters into OMG IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD MY SPEC IS DESTROYED. So Blizzard takes complaints with a large grain of salt.

Especially for healing, where as several other players have already pointed out, meters don't mean %&*$. And especially especially for resto shamans, who still have the one ability left in the game that improves all the other healers' numbers (Mana Tide Totem) -- meters make it look like all that extra healing is coming from the other players, but they couldn't do it without the Shaman.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Players have a strong tendency to turn a 5% difference on meters into OMG IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD MY SPEC IS DESTROYED. So Blizzard takes complaints with a large grain of salt.

Especially for healing, where as several other players have already pointed out, meters don't mean %&*$. And especially especially for resto shamans, who still have the one ability left in the game that improves all the other healers' numbers (Mana Tide Totem) -- meters make it look like all that extra healing is coming from the other players, but they couldn't do it without the Shaman.

And you are being willfully ignorant if you think we are talking about a "5% difference". The difference is upwards of 30% right now, which is ridiculous and unacceptable. I think most people are reasonable to consider anything within about 10% top to bottom to be decent balance, but when you have a difference of 30% that gets as high as 60%+ on some fights, no amount of utility or excuses can justify that level of poor class design and balance.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Blood Elf Paladin
HC
Shamans don't suck.
Reply Quote
3 Tauren Warrior
Shamans don't suck

The logs people have posted say other wise .Shaman dont suck when the fights are made for them AKA stacking fights. And they are good in pvp other then when they get stun cc trained down by good players. As they do not have any real defence cd's and can not drop totem's while silenced, CCED. SO thanks for the fake pep talk about shaman being ok and not sucking
Edited by Riphoof on 3/23/2013 11:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warlock
Yet Resto Druid representation by all these metrics is abysmally lower. Clearly you aren't first in line.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Blood Elf Paladin
HC
The logs people have posted say other wise .Shaman dont suck when the fights are made for them AKA stacking fights. And they are good in pvp other then when they get stun cc trained down by good players. As they do not have any real defence cd's and can not drop totem's while silenced, CCED. SO thanks for the fake pep talk about shaman being ok and not sucking

Logs are not a good way to determine whether if a class isn't entirely good or not. They only give you a fraction of context (HPS).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]