Pally or Druid? Ugh

86 Human Death Knight
I have an 85 Pally and an 85 Druid; one of which I'll be transferring/faction changing to another server. I plan of tanking as an off spec but focusing on healing, and I'll be doing both PVE and PVP. I healed with both of them through Wrath and Cata, Pally was way more fun in Wrath but Druid rocked in Cata (at least for me). But now I'm not sure which to pick. Any suggestions or info that could help me with this decision?

Just reactivated my account after being stuck in Army AIT for the last 5 months.
Edited by Unspeakable on 3/24/2013 4:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
PvE - They are 2 completely different healing styles. So its really what you prefer. Pally has a lot more direct heals with big burst while Druid is more Sustained heals where you keep the HP flowing steadily. They are both very strong healers, neither one really being more OP than the other. So with that said, you should give both a shot and see which style you prefer. No one can really answer this question for you.

PvP - Again this is really something you will have to test out. They are played completely different. Holy pally definitely has its advantages for PvP with a lot more oh !@#$ buttons. But with druid hot's you can be in a full CC and still pumping out the heals. I don't actually play PvP very often, i do watch a lot of videos about it though. But someone else will probably give you a lot better answer about this part of the game.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warlock
Paladin. For both. By miles.

If you want to be competitive AT ANYTHING high end at this game healing... a Paladin is better in every way.

Especially if you are looking to do 25 man raiding. You will be completely stonewalled as a Druid.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

If you want to be competitive AT ANYTHING high end at this game healing... a Paladin is better in every way.

Especially if you are looking to do 25 man raiding. You will be completely stonewalled as a Druid.

Not entirely true, they are both very viable.
Reply Quote
83 Worgen Druid
Paladin in terms of performance, Druid in terms of style :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Pally is stronger in both pve and pvp but vastly less entertaining and fun. It should be noted that absorb healers (hpally and discp) are dominating. Druid output is fine as long as you aren't paired with either or both hpally and discp. If you are then expect to see poor numbers. It's not an issue with druids, its an issue with absorbs.

Back to the question though. If you want to perform above average in both pve and pvp this expansion then pally is the way to go. Until absorbs are 'fixed' druids, along with shamans and to an extend hpriests will struggle.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Not entirely true, they are both very viable.

/thumbs up.

Paladin in terms of performance, Druid in terms of style :)

This too.

It truly is your choice though.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I'd say Pally. Druids have been up and down on meters since Wrath, but Paladins seem to sit comfortably at or near the top of meters while bringing excellent utility. It makes them a fairly safe bet.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Druids are vastly more fun as healers theres more variety
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Druid healing has changed very little, it might be easier for you to pick that one back up. Paladin healing has seen more mechanical changes.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]