8 years and no Australian servers

90 Tauren Paladin
I suppose it's no use asking cause Blizzard won't care what so ever.
But cmon. SWTOR AND LoL has them now but still no Aussie servers? Just guess you guys just don't care about us.
Edited by Lambovok on 3/24/2013 7:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
SWTOR<snip> has them now but still no Aussie servers?

And how is that working out for them?

Sorry, your point is valid but that bit got a little inside chuckle out of me.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
SWTOR<snip> has them now but still no Aussie servers?

And how is that working out for them?

Sorry, your point is valid but that bit got a little inside chuckle out of me.

Well you sorta did prove my point more so, a FAILING game can still have aussie servers but WoW cannot?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
At least we got Oceanic.

Playing on Thunderhorn back in the day...

*shudders*.
Reply Quote
Blizz tried and it did not work out. Now the game seems to be in decline, I bet it will not happen. If only the reforms of the government controlled internet had happened sooner...
Reply Quote
2 Blood Elf Hunter
Please. From one Australian to another... SHUT UP ABOUT AU SERVERS! I am so sick of seeing people whining about this dead issue. It makes us look like petulant children.

It's not happening. Ever. Take a deep breath and deal with it.

Frankly, I wish they would ban people who post this topic for spamming...

LOL, mad.
Reply Quote
97 Blood Elf Monk
but but I like playing with Aussies! don't leave me here with the yanks!!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Blizzard would have to build upside down servers. Not gonna happen.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Blizzard would have to build upside down servers. Not gonna happen.

Outstanding! 10/10
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
100 Human Mage
Blizz tried and it did not work out. Now the game seems to be in decline, I bet it will not happen. If only the reforms of the government controlled internet had happened sooner...

Actually its not you realize wow has 9.6 million subs. At its peak it had 10.2 . wow is actually still growing at a steady pace. If you remove the spikes in the growth its been a steady climb from the beginning till now.

Swtor is planning on shutting down all the Aussie servers and only keeping the US ones open. The problem with your internet is the way it connects to the rest of the world. Most of oceanic and most of Asia have a direct connection to Singapore. Austria's main connections for undersea cables is the USA. Yes there are some others but a majority connects to California. The most logical choice for oceanic servers would be with the other Asian servers in Singapore. But here is the problem . For most people in Austria the signal would go to the USA then back to Singapore.
Edited by Northernlite on 3/24/2013 8:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/24/2013 08:06 AMPosted by Northernlite
Actually its not you realize wow has 9.6 million subs. At its peak it had 10.2

WoW's peak was at the end of Wrath with 12 million subs. http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-20018886-1.html
Edited by Solaru on 3/24/2013 8:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Mage
03/24/2013 08:06 AMPosted by Northernlite
Austria's

I do believe I'm from Australia.
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
but but I like playing with Aussies! don't leave me here with the yanks!!

You'll learn to love me.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin

LOL, mad.

Not really. Just tired of pointless repetition of a dead topic for no useful purpose. The Oceanic forum consists almost entirely of Australian server whine threads and it's really a bit pathetic. Having Australians whining week-in week-out just makes us look like a pack of spoiled brats who can't handle being told "No". Whenever I see one of these threads, I feel a little ashamed of my countrymen.

Pfft, so we should just give up without a out fight at all? So it's okay for Blizzard to treat us as lower citizens that they don't have to bother looking after? Oh you bring so much honor to us by just accepting to be ignored, I mean damn those guys who try to fight for it.
Edited by Lambovok on 3/24/2013 4:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Bump
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Not really. Just tired of pointless repetition of a dead topic for no useful purpose. The Oceanic forum consists almost entirely of Australian server whine threads and it's really a bit pathetic. Having Australians whining week-in week-out just makes us look like a pack of spoiled brats who can't handle being told "No". Whenever I see one of these threads, I feel a little ashamed of my countrymen.

Yeah we should just sit back and be happy with up to 300 ms lag when US servers get 60

We should just sit back and be happy when we get a service that hampers play and makes gameplay impossible at times

We should just sit back and be happy with a lesser quality of service than US players get.

We should just sit back and smile when maint comes in the middle of our primetime every single week

Got it.
Reply Quote
19 Undead Mage
I had some really good friends / guildmates that were Aussie back in the day, and all of them had these horrendous limits on internet usage, is that still the case there?

/bump for Aussie justice!!! Give them some servers blizzard!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]