8 years and no Australian servers

90 Human Hunter
Well as long as AU players have to pay more for their subs to offset the cost of Blizzard using Activisions infrastructure, the more then probable infrastructure overhaul that would be required, and any other expenses or costs; I hope AU players get the servers they want. Because I doubt the other WoW players/Blizzard product purchasers are going to hop on the band wagon for stretched resources just so a tiny portion of the WoW populace can have their own server cluster.

And lets not forget people. Blizzard did merge with Activision while maintaining their autonomy. Activision does not own Blizzard Entertainment. So any statement made that has the line" I talked with an Activision Rep and he said ..... " means about as much as the air that exists in space.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
So any statement made that has the line" I talked with an Activision Rep and he said ..... " means about as much as the air that exists in space.

Hey Peachplums

www.whitepages.com.au

Gives this listing:

Activision Blizzard Pty Ltd
PO Box 544 Pyrmont NSW 2009
1300 748 995
Tech Support:
www.activision.com/support

The rep I spoke to told me what I quoted above.

BTW space does contain gases, and cosmic dust as well as micrometeors and other detritus.
Edited by Mirisanelle on 3/27/2013 10:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
ye just download us some severs already cmon............
Reply Quote
8 years and still getting forum posts like this. Get over it already. If you can't play with 150ms pings then there's something else wrong.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
To be honest , we are more likely to see oceanic servers in the new rumored next-gen MMO Titan. ( If not , i wont be playing it personally )

Dont hold your breath.
Reply Quote
85 Pandaren Shaman
03/24/2013 08:29 PMPosted by Karat
And all we want is for them to come forward and explain to us what those reasons are.

http://www.ausgamers.com/news/read/2974876
Here's one on their thoughts.

http://www.ausgamers.com/news/read/2976629
And here's more clarification.

Quoting 3 year old posts as a means to justify your argument is moot unfortunately, also let me quote:

Turns out Brack was referring to Optus as our "number one ISP" which means his comments about San Diego now make sense, but it also means they need to be informed a little more about the actual ISP situation in Australia, because Optus would really only represent a small part of our overall service.

But nice try.

On topic, at this point in time, the Oceanic playing population more then warrants a server of its own and in doing so, Acti/Blizz could cut some costs and close down the US based Oceanic servers and funnel us all into a small warband of our own servers based here on our home ground.

This however would possibly come at a cost to us as Oceanic players due to there being more to this then simply, giving us Oceanic based servers. Remember, the LFR and LFD tools, last thing anyone wants is to be sitting around for 1+ hours waiting for a pop.

Just remember, there is much more at stake here then simply wanting something for the sake of losing 100 - 150 ping, would you trade that ping only to have a lower population across say, 3 servers in an Oceanic warband? No, sorry I wouldn't.

Let us also touch base on the fact that even though our pings average at around 200 - 300ms, our servers are pretty much 24/7 servers thanks to the shift change workers and all night players from the US.

Keep this in mind please when asking to shoot yourself in the foot at the cost of some ping.
Edited by Taemek on 4/4/2013 8:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
[/quote]
Just remember, there is much more at stake here then simply wanting something for the sake of losing 100 - 150 ping, would you trade that ping only to have a lower population across say, 3 servers in an Oceanic warband? No, sorry I wouldn't.
[/quote]

This is another problem with attaining our own home-based servers. For PVE players, 200 - 300 ms is hardly a problem, its not game breaking and certainly not worth loosing other players to group with. Unlike PVP players, where it IS game breaking. Classes like rogues/paladins (among others) are literally unplayable for Australians, which is a major hindrance to the quality of the game, and its something that has unfortunately had SWTOR Australian based servers put under the steam roller in favour of higher population north American servers.

I think a suitable solution would be to have oceanic (wherever in the region) battleground/arena servers that can be accessed separately over the mainstream que by "upgrading" the subscriber service to an extra $5/$10 a month (whatever additional cost would be required to situate those servers), ensuring those who prefer to pve wont be inconvenienced, there's no server merging to worry about etc. This is all assuming there aren't existing technical reasons this couldn't be done.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I think a suitable solution would be to have oceanic (wherever in the region) battleground/arena servers that can be accessed separately over the mainstream que by "upgrading" the subscriber service to an extra $5/$10 a month (whatever additional cost would be required to situate those servers), ensuring those who prefer to pve wont be inconvenienced, there's no server merging to worry about etc. This is all assuming there aren't existing technical reasons this couldn't be done.

That would only truly work if by doing so you're locked into only queuing into teams in this region, and in doing so greatly increasing queue times and breaking the arena system over it's knee for all those paying *more* for the service.

It's all well and good to suggest that it's a valid solution but US players wouldn't tolerate queuing into servers where their performance is reduced by a factor of 10. Yes, it is just the same shoe on another foot but that doesn't work for paying costumers.

To say the latency is irrelevant to PvE and unplayable in PvP is extremely ignorant to both elements of the game. People can and have achieved good ratings while playing on these servers. Would they be much higher if they played from the US? Absolutely. Unplayed? No.
Edited by Choice on 4/5/2013 2:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
This is another problem with attaining our own home-based servers. For PVE players, 200 - 300 ms is hardly a problem, its not game breaking and certainly not worth loosing other players to group with

Wrong

It IS gamebreaking in raids and dungeons, especially with the lag spikes of up to 3000 ms, timing and reaction in raids is crucial in both gameplay areas.

I doubt very much Blizzard will want to set up servers etc to cater only to the minority of pvp'ers. If they want to put up an Aussie server, put it up for all of us.

But we know it will never happen as Blizz isnt interested, nor do they care about the Oceanic gamers. servers or no, they could at least come out and tell us why WITH A BLUE POST, rather than this extended silence.

Funny how all the other forums get blues responding frequently in General, yet this forum gets strangely neglected.

All I would ask for is an answer to the following (and I dont want to hear "we are looking at it" or "we are still examining options", the D3 forums got that from Arcaignon, and it's a palm off and still nothing, after promising an update / info after December 2012)

1. Will we get Aussie servers for WOW, if not, why not.

2. Will we get Aussie servers for their new MMO Titan, if not, why not.

3. Why is there no Blizzard local office to deal with and look after their large and growing Oceanic customer base, and if not, why not.
Edited by Mirisanelle on 4/5/2013 3:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I would personally love to see some Aussie servers, mainly so we can have an equal latency with US players(on avg US players are under 90ms that i have spoken to while i am getting 169, which is good enough to raid in). If an Aussie is complaining about 300ms+ check your damn lines or stop your torrents, Australian internet is not as bad as a lot of people are making it out to be.
Reply Quote
91 Draenei Shaman
but but I like playing with Aussies! don't leave me here with the yanks!!

Dem' dam yahnkeez!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]