HOW TO: Sealed Tome of the Lost Legion

100 Orc Warrior
I've talked to a number of warlocks who either didn't know about this item, or were unable to defeat the final boss in the questline.

Purpose: Completing the quest chain turns your spell graphics GREEN!

Source: It drops off the rare mobs on the Isle of Thunder and is only lootable by a warlock. Even if someone else has already tagged the mob you can still assist without being in their group or faction. (If you can't loot a mob log out and back in). Many warlocks are posting saying it took them up to 100 kills.

Bragging Rights: Getting it seems to be the easy part though as the final fight is rough to say the least. 490 ilvl is the minimum it has been completed with, closer to 500 would be beneficial. Having the gear of a raider won't be enough though, this fight is very complex and requires alot of awareness and execution.

Here is a link to a full guide written by a warlock: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6877337992?page=1#0

GOOD LUCK!

P.S. Has anyone on our server completed this quest yet?
Edited by Colosie on 3/23/2013 3:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
I got it this morning after about 80 attempts =). I'll come back to post some of the things I learned along the way.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Warlock
Got this last night - kill video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDQNY4L9ybk

As explained in the other guide, I highly recommend doing this as destruction. I wasted a dozen attempts as affliction and couldn't get past the Felhunter phase. Once I switched to destro, I got it on my 9th attempt.

It's probably doable with any other spec but destro just makes your life easier, Havoc is really good for the Felhunter phase and the AoE is amazing for the Imp phase.

A few tips:

• You can safely use the Pit Lord's Charge twice before the first cataclysm. I recommend this because the time before the first imps come out is the easiest phase to do a lot of damage to the boss since there's not much else to worry about.
  • Always make sure to dispel Excruciating Agony off you when it reaches the 9 minute mark. You can do this with either Unbound Will, Singe Magic (Glyph of Sac. for Imp) and by standing in the Pit Lord's Fel Breath. I wiped at least 6 times because I forgot about this and was taking huge ticks of damage.
  • When he starts summoning Felhunters, move your Pit Lord far away to give you some space. Pop Dark Soul and make sure to have 3+ embers. First Felhunter should go down with 1 immolate + Chaos Bolt + Shadowburn. Right around this time the Pit Lord would have been freed, fear him. Havoc the third Felhunter and use your burst on the second.
  • Use your demonic gateway to LoS Chaos Bolt casts EXCEPT during the Felhunter phase. Since the Pit Lord is not enslaved, the bolt will still hit you. So just eat it with Sacrificial Pact, Twilight Ward and Unending Resolve.

It's a really fun & challenging fight. It'll take a few wipes but once you get the hang of it, everything happens in a predictable fashion so you'll get into a rhythm. Good luck!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Is the green fire effect permanent or can you turn it on/off once you receive it?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
it's sorta permanent. You dont have the beat the boss again, but you can go pay like 500g to turn it off. Its free to turn it back on.
Reply Quote
Purification Potion removes the enrage timer debuff

warlock did it with 370-380 ilvl using that

it's all about execution with those

Use your demonic gateway to LoS Chaos Bolt casts EXCEPT during the Felhunter phase. Since the Pit Lord is not enslaved, the bolt will still hit you. So just eat it with Sacrificial Pact, Twilight Ward and Unending Resolve.

spam gateways and soulshatter to keep aggro on the pit lord and you won't take any chaos bolts, and just los it with personal portal if something goes wrong. You can also move the pit lord behind los right before felhounds come out and they won't dispel it even if they're close and the boss will follow the pit lord around so he has a longer run to cataclysm giving you more time to kill felhounds

when he brings out the doom lords just have your pit lord hit it once and then let him go back on the boss. your pit lord will have his aggro the rest of the encounter
Edited by Zouxlol on 6/26/2013 10:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Any advice for 5.4? Namely whether I should still take KJC, and now that they removed glyph of dark intent, what major glyphs should i take besides healthstone?

Thanks in advance.
Reply Quote
Any advice for 5.4? Namely whether I should still take KJC, and now that they removed glyph of dark intent, what major glyphs should i take besides healthstone?

Thanks in advance.

double dark soul

siphon life glyph and whatever you want.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
As of 5.4.8 or whatever the current patch is in MoP you will always have full aggro of the last dude. Soul shatter etc doesnt do anything. You still need to place your portal down for Chaos Bolt unless you use pitlords charge ability. Only time you wont have aggro from him is when he summons from the portal.

I have also contacted a GM in regards to see if it was possible to do in a warlock party. More out of curiousity than anything. Its purely a solo instance. From warlocks that I have been talking to they recommend at least 530 ilvl now.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
looking to get this book ist there any mods out there in assistance for farmng?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]