Disc Healing after 5.2

73 Undead Warlock
My healing as disc has significantly been reduced to the point where I will quit healing (I do not enjoy holy). I am an excellent healer but after the 5.2 nerf I find it difficult to keep up against other less geared players or classes(especially paladins). Will this be fixed?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
I'm not sure what exactly to tell you, but I haven't really been having any issues. I've been keeping up quite well.

Are you working on ToT? It might be that you're just inexperienced with those fights in particular, which can have a serious impact on how well you do as Disc. Finding the right timings for Spirit Shell and Atonement can have a huge impact on your overall healing.

Here's a recent log of mine, first kills of Tortos and Megaera with some (admittedly pretty poor) attempts on Ji-Kun:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/u4xyfe7wk9o6kc5a/
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Please post on your priest and provide logs. I highly suspect you haven't adapted to the changes and aren't playing particularly excellently as a consequence.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
My healing as disc has significantly been reduced to the point where I will quit healing (I do not enjoy holy). I am an excellent healer but after the 5.2 nerf I find it difficult to keep up against other less geared players or classes(especially paladins). Will this be fixed?

The only Priest you appear to have is level 85. Please post on your priest and provide logs. I haven't experienced anything like what you are describing.
Reply Quote
I assume Fiel is your priest? Can't really tell anything by gear as you logged off wearing your PvP gear, but overall I have not experienced what you have. Since you have killed the same boss in ToT as I have... here is a log of my last kill and you can check my armory for my reforging style/glphs/etc.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-4h658eh0474to8g4/sum/healingDone/?s=733&e=991
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Skoot, ji'kun logs tend to be skewed due to the nest group being out of range from the boss group.

@OP: Disc can still top meters on a lot of fights, just not by as wide a margin as before. If you didn't get the memo, move away from mindless PoH spam and into mindless atonement spam. Disclaimer: this may not work in the presence of holy paladins.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warlock
You're either purposefully trolling or very, very bad. Or both.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Even if disc isn't topping the meters. (I'm often second to our paladin for megaera attempts) It still adds quite a bit of dps if played correctly so it feels a bit more useful. We also bring quite a few things that can dull raid damage to the point where it becomes more managable (spirit shelling tortos's stomp, for example.)

Quite honestly if you aren't doing well as disc this patch, it's probably a playstyle or gearing issue. We're equal if not better than holy for most fights in ToT now (though heavy moveent favors holy, which is just fine.), and if played right, can be pretty insane in terms of healing done.

Try reforging, using more atonement, possibly stalking a few other good disc priests on world of logs/armory to find out what you're doing wrong. (Skootalloo, Morenn and Evry are all good choices. Same for Elethia and tiriel. I won't plug myself because I do things wrong quite often to cover for other healer's mistakes in my raids. :P)\

Disc is not broken. Adapt or change healers.
Reply Quote
73 Undead Warlock
Thank you all for the positive feedback. I must be doing something incorrectly then if no one else is having similar issues. I'll find some logs and post them to see if any would be kind to point out my faults.

Update: Here is one log http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/1fibrxl06126ntgf/sum/healingDone/?s=6182&e=6533 for jin rokh kill.

Here is a jin kun attempt: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/lsxp5a43uhb2jiaw/sum/healingDone/?s=885&e=1144 (However I don't know how accurate logs are in this fight)

Here are some fail logs of first week Jin Rokh: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/unjpyx3h8eqdi4qx/sum/healingDone/?s=7409&e=7572

Here is another log of fail Blade Lord attempts: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/yfid9ekcnawvhkke/sum/healingDone/?s=5134&e=5404

(Sorry for making your eyes bleed, most of us just began raiding content in 5.2)
Edited by Juicelol on 3/24/2013 1:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid

You got used to being able to roll your face on your keyboard/watch TV without actually having to concentrate on anything while beating every healer by miles.

Now you have to use some skill and still be pretty damn good - get use to it and welcome to healing in World of Warcraft.
Edited by Moophious on 3/24/2013 1:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
73 Undead Warlock
03/24/2013 01:45 PMPosted by Moophious

You got used to being able to roll your face on your keyboard/watch TV without actually having to concentrate on anything while beating every healer by miles.

Now you have to use some skill and still be pretty damn good - get use to it and welcome to healing in World of Warcraft.

I don't have cable television. My workout schedule, job, and grad school keep me plenty busy :\ but I do keep on top of all class changes/spec changes for my spec/class. I enjoy disc and I enjoy putting effort into being good at it. :) I healed everything last expansion in Heroic 25s without a hitch (killed spine/deathwing after the first nerft with guild.) I use mouseover healing and can heal/move/run raids very well at the same time (i don't know many healers who can). I'm only looking to help address my deficiencies and improve if I am doing something incorrectly.
Reply Quote
73 Undead Warlock
http://www.twitch.tv/fielwow/c/1880067

Here is a video of my play style for those interested in trying to help me figure out what I'm doing incorrectly... Thanks again. This was my first time healing this fight so I'm learning as I go (some mistakes made) and I'm pretty sure it was prior to 5.2 but I still maintain the same play style with 5.2 adaptation to minor changes. (also new to the expansion here so was getting used to new disc changes from last expansion)
Edited by Juicelol on 3/24/2013 2:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The most glaring issue I see is you are making very very limited use of Atonement. Learn it, love it, it is actually very very good. :)

For Jin'Rokh I have shield on the active tank and stand in the puddle and pew pew pretty much. When Lightning Storm is coming.. AA/IF/SS the raid, drop barrier (for 1st and 3rd storms). Keep PoM bouncing, when SS gets eaten I shield, poh, shield, poh... til it's over.

edit: Also there is really no need to 3 heal this fight. I see you have 3 pallies so they can alternate Devo aura (Light's Hammer as well if they are specced into it) and you have a lock so people can eat rocks if necessary as well. I am sure the raid brings even more cds to help out during that phase as well, but even just what I mentioned should be plenty.
Edited by Morenn on 3/24/2013 2:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
73 Undead Warlock
The most glaring issue I see is you are making very very limited use of Atonement. Learn it, love it, it is actually very very good. :)

For Jin'Rokh I have shield on the active tank and stand in the puddle and pew pew pretty much. When Lightning Storm is coming.. AA/IF/SS the raid, drop barrier (for 1st and 3rd storms). Keep PoM bouncing, when SS gets eaten I shield, poh, shield, poh... til it's over.

Thank you! As you see some of the fail attempts we are at around 90k hps both pally and I. I stack atonement by using solace (new holy fire) on CD. I do use barrier on first and third lightning storms and I pop AA/Power Infusion/ and Spirit Shell prior and leading into it. I do shield then prayer of healing for the lower cast time. I don't use smite too much during fights but I'll give that a try now. I always keep PoM/Cascade on CD as needed.

Thanks again Morenn for the Input.
Reply Quote
Thanks again Morenn for the Input.

You are very welcome! :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
its fine to have questions forget the negatives that are only here to put you down nice reply to it though I give you props for that
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
you're not playing it right obviously
Reply Quote
73 Undead Warlock
you're not playing it right obviously

Thanks for the comment. Some helpful feedback would be appreciated.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
its fine to have questions forget the negatives that are only here to put you down nice reply to it though I give you props for that

My healing as disc has significantly been reduced to the point where I will quit healing

I don't see a put down there unless you disagree with my statement in any particular point.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Here's logs for the first three fights in ToT:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/atjlki9mzvd4cxhv/sum/healingDone/

And for Magera:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/f4ehmjkitoqj30lu/sum/healingDone/

I go holy for Tortos (so much running around, and I two heal with a resto shaman - blue Chakra, spirit/mastery gearing, glyph lightspring/lightwell/binding heal, divine insight, use PoM, Cascade just before the stun, heal up afterwards with binding, binding, PoH - resto shaman is primarily in charge of making the main tank live, with me primarily in charge of burst aoe raid healing).

I could get more mileage out of atonement on Horridan - working on that. Mageara was our first kill (3 healed - we didn't kill any blues). The current disc is a lot of "right spell in the right place" and "use everything you got".
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]