5.2 PVE Complete Destruction Guide

If you need the heal from Cauterize sac the imp

"If you need a dispell from Singe Magic sac the imp" ~Fixed
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Sticky this SHIZ

Nice guide and thank you for the clarification on stat weights for GoSac vs GoSup

Im still finding GoSac is beneficial for me and where my group is. The first three fights of ToT I would say benefit GoSac due to Havoc and the pet not gaining anything from the puddle in the first fight.

Now I know stat priorities for when Ill need GoSup thank you!
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
Thanks, updated it.

GJ Locktronotron. Really nice guide.

Liked and /RequestSticky'ed.

I'm also post#3. If you ever need to add an extra page to the guide, i can edit my post with whatever you need.
Edited by Kips on 3/25/2013 12:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
The End:Thanks for reading if you took the time to. If anyone has any suggestions or comments on things I'm missing or things they disagree with feel free to bring them up. Go Go Destro!

Suggestion: Move this little snippet from the end of post#1 to the end of post#2.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Suggestion: Move this little snippet from the end of post#1 to the end of post#2.
Done. I suppose it makes sense for The End to be at the end.

I'm also post#3. If you ever need to add an extra page to the guide, i can edit my post with whatever you need.
Thanks. I fit way more in the first post than I thought I'd be able to. No idea what the character limit is on posts.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Say I cant pop in and out of a raid to reforge/regem. Would just going straight GoSac work for the entire raid?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
If you're not worried about getting every little bit of DPS you can get (and your raid leader doesn't care about it enough to let you take 5 minutes to port out, reforgelite to instantly reforge your gear, then get your summon back) then yeah. GoSac is safer than Sup due to some fights being very pet unfriendly. Hell, you could go GoServ for the whole raid if you really wanted and raid DPS wasn't your limiting factor.

If you're trying for optimal DPS then you should be using GoSup when GoSup is optimal. GoSac is the "safe" choice though.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
One thing to remember is that Haste has outside benefits that I think puts it over Crit. This effect will be magnified as more people come into the legendary meta gem as well as the new trinkets. Since they almost all benefit from Haste via the RealPPM system, Haste has a higher value than just casting faster, more ticks on DoTs, etc. Decreasing the CD of Wush, Unerring, and Breath of the Hydra may out-benefit Crit in that regard. Crit does benefit Cha-Ye's, so it's very hard to say which is better. Very nice write-up...always fun to see what other skilled Warlocks think about all the crap that is going on!
Reply Quote
Great guide, sticky please.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
So I went to SimulationCraft to check it out. And I dont really know what I am looking at but does it say under Pet dps for Destro that GrimServ with double Succubus is 2nd ranked possible dps after GrimSup Observer? Making GrimServ actually viable?

Great Guide btw :) requested sticky
Edited by Devzi on 3/25/2013 5:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
as a skilled destro lock myself, i approve this guide. i really like your addition of the RoF on single target. many people overlook that or say im nuts when i have rain of fire up on single target fights, but it helps your dps extremely through the embers it generates. great job lok
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
So I went to SimulationCraft to check it out. And I dont really know what I am looking at but does it say under Pet dps for Destro that GrimServ with double Succubus is 2nd ranked possible dps after GrimSup Observer? Making GrimServ actually viable?

SimC does a poor job imo on Destro simulation. It uses RoF and CB as soon as possible due to their high DPET as opposed to slow pooling and proc CBing etc. It makes very little sense to me that GoServ would be better, but I'm never against trying something out. If someone does it and sees that it's good let me know!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
HC
Simply stating the felhunter is better because it wins in simc during a single target test is a major oversight. I'd rather use an imp that can cast from ranged any day then a felhunter that runs in circles chasing mobs back and forth, all the while doing NO dps. Negligible dps loss single > massive dps loss on target switching.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
HC

SimC does a poor job imo on Destro simulation. It uses RoF and CB as soon as possible due to their high DPET as opposed to slow pooling and proc CBing etc. It makes very little sense to me that GoServ would be better, but I'm never against trying something out. If someone does it and sees that it's good let me know!

I think you're eyes must be borked because simc pools embers. GoServ is better, if you can use it on cd and optimally based on the fight mechanics, because it lines up with cds.
Edited by Gahhda on 3/25/2013 8:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
HC
as a skilled destro lock myself, i approve this guide. i really like your addition of the RoF on single target. many people overlook that or say im nuts when i have rain of fire up on single target fights, but it helps your dps extremely through the embers it generates. great job lok

RoF isn't a large gain single because of the SLIGHTLY higher Embers/Mana that you get over incinerate. It is a gain because, especially without grimoire of sacrifice, the DPE, not the DPET, but the DPE itself is much higher. The only thing that kept RoF single at arms-length last tier was grimoire of sacrifice. Now that service/supremacy are better single target, the DPE of RoF is massively higher than incinerate. It also serves mechanically to prevent mana capping during chaos bolt dumping.
Edited by Gahhda on 3/25/2013 8:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
I think you're eyes must be borked because simc pools embers. GoServ is better because it lines up with cds.
They must've changed it then because it didn't used to in T14.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
HC
I updated the destruction rotation like 2 months after t14 went live. The current line, which is slightly outdated from my local profiles, is:

actions+=/chaos_bolt,if=ember_react&target.health.pct>20&(buff.backdraft.stack<3|level<86)&(burning_ember>3.5|buff.dark_soul.remains>cast_time|buff.skull_banner.remains>cast_time|(buff.perfect_aim.react&buff.perfect_aim.remains>cast_time))

The last bit about perfect aim is the buff from unerring vision of lei shen, and can basically be replaced w/ any intellect trinket proc as well.

My current profiles, if anyone is interested, and keep in mind they're all specific to unerring vision, are:
http://pastebin.com/JN60V8Xi - Destro
http://pastebin.com/Zy7JTCtB - Demo
http://pastebin.com/b4LwwPY3 - Affliction

Relative dps rankings running only warlocks:

Affli - 213.5k
Demo - 198.9k
Destro - 195.4k

Keep in mind this is with full BiS, which includes the legendary meta. The meta severely favors affliction over demo and destruction, but particularly destruction, who receives less than 2k dps from upgrading burning primal to sinister primal. @ t15n levels its very well balanced.

Also, unerring vision is insanely good for demonology, so at lower gear levels, no legendary meta/no unerring vision/t15n, the rankings are something like affli>destro>demo, but its a lot closer.
Edited by Gahhda on 3/25/2013 8:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
I updated the destruction rotation like 2 months after t14 went live. The current line, which is slightly outdated from my local profiles, is:

actions+=/chaos_bolt,if=ember_react&target.health.pct>20&(buff.backdraft.stack<3|level<86)&(burning_ember>3.5|buff.dark_soul.remains>cast_time|buff.skull_banner.remains>cast_time|(buff.perfect_aim.react&buff.perfect_aim.remains>cast_time))
So it's pooling for DS specifically? Just seems like there are a lot of variables like releasing CBs with heavy procs while slow pooling that are really difficult to simulate. I haven't gone through the exact simulation casting since probably before you had changed it which is why I was still under the impression that it didn't pool. I still think it's going to be close to impossible to accurately simulate something so variable, but that's why it's just a simulation. Point being, you can't take SimC at full face value just like you can't take mrrobot or even my guide as scripture for every possible situation.

People have to make sure they are thinking for themselves and questioning what is applicable to them and what isn't and understanding their class/spec. Thanks for all the information though, very informative.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
When I use SimC for destro using GoSup or GoSer, I get Crit=Haste>Mastery for my weights, but notice a definite loss in DPS. I've checked parses and discussed it at length with other warlocks and find better results with Mastery=Crit>Haste, I also prefer the latter because it works well with GoSac if I need to switch it up.

Why am I getting such discrepancies in SimC?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]