'Snared,' 'Bleeding' Floating Text Everywhere

(Locked)

100 Human Paladin
Recently, I started seeing yellow "Snared (Player's Name)," "Bleeding...," etc., text all over my screen while playing. It occurs whether I'm in a party or not. I can't seem to find how to turn it off, but I must because when I'm in a large group, this text frequently displays in multiples at the same time, filling up my screen with these messages and making it impossible for me to see past it.
MVP - Customer Support
100 Tauren Druid
It's almost certainly some addon that's doing it - possibly a misbehaving one. Have you tried updating yours to the latest version? Disabling them to see if you can pinpoint the problem one?

If all else fails, you will want to perform a full UI reset.
"As with other situations, the key seems to be giving Jayne a heavy stick and standing back." -- Inara
91 Tauren Druid
I have this same problem, not using any addons. :(
100 Human Warlock
esc>interface>floating combat text.
100 Night Elf Druid
Specifically, the "Effects" checkbox and the one immediately following it. If you enable the second one in particular than you can expect to see a great many declarations if you're in a highly populated area, or one with significant AoE.
100 Human Paladin
Specifically, the "Effects" checkbox and the one immediately following it. If you enable the second one in particular than you can expect to see a great many declarations if you're in a highly populated area, or one with significant AoE.

Thank you, Asterchades! That was it. I guess the last patch reset that setting. It was so bad it made me not want to play. Now, it's all good again. :)
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]