Cannot log out of the game - Stormrage

(Locked)

90 Human Paladin
I have been having a problem lately where I cant log out of only one of my characters. Whenever I try to log out of my monk (Mizquink - Stormrage), It logs me out of battlenet, but leaves me in the game to walk around and lets me still use chat and stays that way until I force close the game. When this happens the game is frozen aside from my character (people running in place, cant use any spells or mount up, etc) which is really strange to me because its never happened before and only started about 3 days ago. I tried disabling all of my addons thinking that might be the problem, but it did not work. Its really strange that its only happening to the one character and I have no idea what could cause it. Wondering if anyone else is having a similar problem
90 Human Paladin
I am having the EXACT same problem. This one character simply will not log out of the game normally.

I'm on your realm, so maybe it's a server problem.
Edited by Nementh on 3/25/2013 5:01 AM PDT
90 Night Elf Hunter
I am also having this error, I have tried deleting cache and interface. I can log out of other characters, but not this one without alt f4, same server.
14 Human Hunter
I am having the same problem on just 1 of my toons on Stormrage but it goes even further. Aside from not being able to log out, once i close the game i can not get back in for about 20 minutes. This started a few days ago, then 2 days ago I was in a challenge mode and when I died and released I was a ghost inside the instance. As a ghost I died 5 more times to the water around Wise Mari. As of this morning same issues with a new "feature", my character screen shows me in 1 set of gear and when i logged in I was in a different set yet my avatar shows me holding a 2 hander and an offhand at the same time.

I called and talked to someone in tech support a couple days ago and they could not figure it out either. They moved my toon (Velune) all over trying to log out and could not also. It was then handed off to someone else to try and figure out. the next day i was contacted by a gm in game where i explained the issues again. They said it was being handed up to the "bigwigs" and that was the last thing i heard.
Edited by Alisiadelgan on 3/27/2013 7:11 AM PDT
Support Forum Agent
Hey guys,

When you go to logout, the game saves character configuration and info to your local game files. If the game isn't closing, it's likely that process is being interrupted. This would generally be a permission issue.

Please make sure you have tried resetting your interface files like Tyraelis did. That should resolve most permission issues.

If the issue persists after that, I'd like a bit more information on your network. What is the make and model of your router? Are you using a wired or wireless connection?
90 Human Priest
Having the same issue on stormrage too. Can't log on my toon for like 15 mins until the server boots me.
Oh I did delete the cach wtf folders n such :)
Edited by Sizzlynn on 3/27/2013 10:46 AM PDT
90 Night Elf Druid
2 of my friends and myself are having the same issue as well, we all re set our routers and deleted our cach wtf folders as well. we didn't start having this problem until we ran lfr and right when we downed council in the first half of tot lfr we got disconnected and were unable to log back into the game for another 5min but we were able to log on different toons just not those that we ran lfr on, and once we got on those toons we weren't given any valor or a loot bag from the last boss, and ever since that lfr boss last night when we are unable to log out on those characters and none of our other characters have that problem.
90 Goblin Warlock
Hey guys,

When you go to logout, the game saves character configuration and info to your local game files. If the game isn't closing, it's likely that process is being interrupted. This would generally be a permission issue.

Please make sure you have tried [url="https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/resetting-your-ui?utm_source= internal-support_forums&utm_medium= posting &utm_campaign=BlizzardCS&utm_content=032713"]resetting your interface files[/url] like Tyraelis did. That should resolve most permission issues.

If the issue persists after that, I'd like a bit more information on your network. What is the make and model of your router? Are you using a wired or wireless connection?

I would like to tell you that it isn't our routers/modems. It is the server itself. If you read what tyraelis, he said after doing so that the problem still persist. It has been doing it since tuesday when the world server crashed.

Now i for one am really tired of having this issue then having to alt f4 and wait for 45 min for the server to finally be like oh yeah he logged out so i can log back in.
Edited by Cécíl on 3/27/2013 2:16 PM PDT
Support Forum Agent
we didn't start having this problem until we ran lfr and right when we downed council in the first half of tot lfr we got disconnected ... and ever since that lfr boss last night when we are unable to log out on those characters

Does anyone else with this issue have a similar story? What were your affected characters doing before you began having this issue with logging out?

If this is affecting you, I'd still like to know what router you have and if you are using wired or wireless.
90 Night Elf Druid
to add one more thing stormrage crashed right when we killed the council boss and everyone got disconnected, it wouldn't load our characters right away but after a few minutes when the server came back up we were unable to log onto our main toons because it kept saying a player with that name already exists and it did that for about 10 minutes but we were able to log onto other toons we had on stormrage and logout from those toons, except for the toons we were on when we killed that boss when the server crashed
90 Night Elf Hunter
My issue popped up when Stormrage crashed last night (Tuesday), after which I had trouble logging in on the character for 10 minutes. Now I can log in, but obviously can't log out.

I do not see how router or internet connection can be the issue here since I can log in and out with all my other characters without any trouble.

I am using Netgear N300 router with wired connection on desktop. Also, alt f4 takes me out, however then for 5-15 min I can't log in on character as it keeps saying character with this name exists etc.
90 Night Elf Hunter
Additionally, it is definitely a server side issue as you can see from my profile that it hasn't updated for this specific toon since the server crash yesterday even though in game it is completely different.
90 Gnome Warlock
I've been having the exact same issue, its a server issue please fix it
90 Draenei Paladin
I had that problem late last night. It's definitely server side. My other toon was fine while repeatedly had to force close WoW and log back in to do anything on this character.

My BF was mentioning some shady site getting delisted and then organizing some massive DDOS madness recently. Maybe blizzard got targetted? :P
Edited by Delamirra on 3/27/2013 10:44 PM PDT
Same issue. This character only. Stormrage Server. Started after a server crash while doing ToT on Tuesday (3/26). Can click log out. Doesn't do anything. After Alf-F4ing to log out, I get "A character with that name already exists" for about 5 minutes before I can log back in.
32 Gnome Warlock
I dont think its time for us to update graphics cards/internet connections/routers/modems/etc. its time for wow to fix problems before implementing new sources. Stop focusing all your time on the new Titans game and please fix this. I came into this patch knowing things would take time to fix cause you just released Starcraft. But cmon this problem has been going on for some time now and its obvious YOUR servers need an upgrade because they cant handle the fact that 300 people kill Galleon and its saying WTF?!?!! when so many people are getting loot and it screws it up. It all got worse when people werent required to be in a group anymore. But now it happens constantly. Click logout and nothing happens. Force close, then get on another toon and cant do anything i actually want to do on my DK, Bloonight. Would appreciate the fix for once and not implementing new things for a week. I think we can all agree the game experience of dealing with these issues has gotten quite frustrating but still. Its progressively gotten worse and worse. Maybe its due to a highly populated server (stormrage) but why put a server to its limits when things like this will happen? All in all stop being cheap please. Thanks.
90 Human Priest
Agree it's a game bug with our server... After tot crashed on that day....and I don't use wireless ....it's still a issue ....camp out to server select ='s a 20 min wait till the server finally kicks me off this toon.
90 Human Priest
Found another bug too.... I didn't get credit for killing Megaera last night in raid...I was there others in my guild got their updates but not me, in fact the log says I haven't killed anything in 2 days since that crash which is not true.....whatever happened that day when tot crashed on lfr is prolly the culprit...but it might be stormrage too
Thnx
Siz
Edited by Sizzlynn on 3/28/2013 7:04 AM PDT
Same issue as above as well with this toon. No updates on battlenet profile since that crash day. Shows me with the same gear as Tuesday. None of my new stuff has updated (kills or gear)
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]