what healer should I xfer?

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Anyways I'm looking to pick up raiding again, stopped for a bit due to work conditions after clearing last tier. I already have a Holy pally on the server but the raid group already has one, and also 3 conq people already, (which isn't too bad). We have a disc priest for our 3rd healer who shadows for the 2 heal fights, and I was wondering (if were shooting for heroic modes) if 2 healing with 2 holy pallys would be ok. I'm worried that we won't have a real raid cd for healing.

I have available for xfer a monk, a shaman, and a druid. They are all decently geared, monk less so as he was replaced with the holy pally at the end of MSV but LFR can fix that real quick. Looking at logs it does seem shaman are kinda weak in 10's currently, so i'm leaning towards the druid or monk, I like the monk more for the added dps that can help with close enrages, but i'm kinda worried about again not having a real raid cd like tranquility ( revival was pretty weak last i played my monk) I know there has a been a LOT of changes to monk healing so I'd have to relearn it abit. Anyone who has any experience this raid have any suggestions.

10 man raid, will be planning to do heroics, gear doesn't matter so much as i'd rather make the best choice for the long run.

Thanks
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Everyone complains about their class being weak. Shammy's have HTT which is really strong when it needs to be. HST glyph can be very useful. Spread healing seems like it could be lacking a bit, but grouped healing due to HR seems really strong. IMO shammy spread healing wont be fixed unless they change the scaling on HR. Meters will show shammys lower than others but their mastery is very useful.

Druids are very god on the move. Swiftmend is amazing it always has been. Rejuv is so cheap and it has massive output. WG is still very strong. mushrooms are a bit of a pain but if you plan, very useful. Tranq is pretty strong as a raid cd. iron bark is a nice tank cd too

Monks seem to have vey high throughput but rng is major factor in how well they perform. Revival helped out alot on horridon. The added dps is very nice, being able to sustain 60k+ dps is just massive. Uplift is massive amounts of healing. you can have it rolling on all 10 people very easily and pooling chi lets you cast it twice in a very shot time letting put out 700-800k healing in 2 button presses when the big dmg comes out.
Edited by Silencieux on 3/22/2013 7:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
yeah I am leaning toward the monk for sure at this point (excellent reply btw) especially as I forgot about Chi Brew, so assuming I'm prepared and have 10 people with ReM, i can slam out 4 uplifts in 4 globals which should be somewhat equal to a tranq. Not so sure about where the 60k dps is coming from though as it appears they really tore down monk fistweaving harsh, maybe just using crackling jade lighting when theres not a real demand for healing?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
What they did was get rid of jab-jab uplift. However jab-TP-!@#-TP is still the same cost. I did lfr protectors today on my monk, 475 il, so not overly geared and I sustained just under 60k dps. In a real raid you wont dps 100% of the time but when you are dpsing it will be equal to 60k dps. For example if an add needs to die, you may lose throughput but rolling to a target and atking it will be a very nice benefit. Im not sure if your supposed to but I use chi wave on cd for dps (in lfr).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]