Kun-lai Runt is Overpowered

90 Dwarf Paladin
- Garunteed stun that comes with insane damage
- more abilities that do insane damage
- always goes first
- humanoid so odds of players having a pet to counter it is low

Been doing pvp for the past 2 hours and there has been nothing but x3 Kun-lais or x2 Kun-lais with broom.

Now that you gave players their fun you can nerf now
Edited by Popeward on 3/22/2013 7:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
- always goes first

What?
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Worgen Warlock
It sounds like you're running into the same people with the same teams. In low pop pet PVP brackets you'll frequently run into the same people repeatedly, especially on slow nights.
Reply Quote
Armadillos rock their world.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
This is a joke, right?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
The runt is a borderline outlier for pet battles. It has great self synergy and high damage, things they actually do seem to crack down on in pet battles. The op though did a horrendous job of making any valid points.
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Worgen Warlock
The runt is a borderline outlier for pet battles. It has great self synergy and high damage, things they actually do seem to crack down on in pet battles. The op though did a horrendous job of making any valid points.

The runt and the anubisath idol are really good pets right now but I think it has less to do with their stat builds and more to do with their movesets. TBH it was when they made frost shock freeze that the Kun-lai runt was pushed from "good" to "you should have one on your team if you don't already." It seemed like before when it was relegated to blizzard teams it was a bit more reasonable.

Not saying it needs to be nerfed or anything though.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
easily telegraphed combination is easily telegraphed.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB

I was real careful with my wording for a reason. While I am not saying it needs a nerf it most definitely moved from decent pet to top tier this patch. And like I said cc + high damage + self synergy doesn't seem to be something they like. Not asking for a nerf or saying it needs a nerf. I will say if it is changed I will not be surprised though.

And again none of this has anything to do with what the op put up which is just bad.
Edited by Hearus on 3/23/2013 10:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
its the goto pet now because all the OP pets we used to use are weak now. and players are afraid to use elementals anymore with the advent of razortooth coming out. and anub players are easily couintered cause you generally know when they are gonna use their block ability.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
He is really strong right now, it's a shame that arcane winds are bugged and don't prevent the stun.

Hopefully they'll fix it.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
Get a moth
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
yes it is easily avoided. just swap pets like you would with a bleeding pet. it is a great pet though. it was before patch too.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Death Knight
Ive been playing around with one of these (PvE) and the combo is definitely powerful if it goes off, but if any miss/evade breaks the chain the runt is left with two weak attacks and a long cooldown.
Reply Quote
92 Draenei Priest
Kun-Lai runt is fine.

You are bad.

I'm gonna have to go with this. If anything - the pet is mediocre, there's tons of better pets.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Get a moth

Heck, get a bunny. One well timed dodge or burrow will wreck the whole combo and the runt is not very likely to outspeed a bunny. Actually, the critter passive might wreck the combo all by itself, I'd have to check.

Swapping is also an option.

Given what Doomscribe points out about missing, you might also try cute face as a counter.

I've fought 99 runts but a rare ain't one, so I haven't used it much myself yet, but I don't think it is OP at all from the other side of the battlefield. (Of course, I do know what's coming and prepare for it. In PvP, sometimes you might just get out metagamed and there's nothing you can do about it. One of many reasons I avoid pet PvP.)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior

No, doesn't need a nerf; but would be nice if they fixed Deep Freeze to honor the Critter racial.
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Worgen Warlock
03/24/2013 01:55 PMPosted by Roanranger

No, doesn't need a nerf; but would be nice if they fixed Deep Freeze to honor the Critter racial.

Arcane winds also finally needs to be fixed too. I'm sure they are aware of it, though.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Ya, I noticed the posts saying it's actually more than just Critter racial; it's Arcane Winds and Resilience too.

It's almost as if it's classified as something other than a stun/root/sleep effect...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]