I love it.

90 Pandaren Hunter
This is my 1st character on a High pop realm, I knew I was gonna get TONS of guild invite spam from that stupid addon so I decided that whenever I got one, I'd Ninja their guild bank, Use their repairs and drop guild.

Well I do this for awhile and eventually this guild called Exiles of Hephaestus comes along, You may notice that I'm currently in it. Well they allow bottom rank members to withdraw 2 items from each guild tab and 20g repairs. They also have 800+ members and the Guild leader Hardly speaks (Ill get more into this later)

So decide to stay thinking ill just take whatever every day and vendor it untill they nootice it and finally kick me and maybe stop using the stupid addon. They eventually notice after about a week and I finally get kicked and the Guild leader sends me some nasty mail, I say I do it to all Addon Recruitment guilds and I never get a responce.

Today, Not even 2 days after I get kicked, I get recruited by them AGAIN... BY THE GUILD LEADER! And I even say in chat. "I find it funny that I was kicked for ninjaing the guild bank, And your all's stupid addon invites me back" 18 members on, No one says anything. I promptly ninja the guild bank and take about 100g worth of Vendorables. Still have yet to be kicked despite the guild leader being on (Probably afk running his stupid addon since people are joining and he is saying welcome.)

Moral of the story? CONTROL YOUR FREAKING MASS RECRUITMENT ADDONS!
And no, I couldn't think of a real thread title.
And PLEASE read the thread before calling me a jerk, I may not be on the moral high ground but I sure think im higher than that careless GL.
Edited by Truy on 3/23/2013 10:39 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Death Knight
LOL
90 Pandaren Rogue
My lowbie shaman got invited to a guild where I can take 3 things a day from 4 different tabs. My bank alt can take 1 thing from 3 different tabs. I have new daily quests now.
LOL
90 Human Priest
I'd normally be against what you did, but people who use those addons deserve every bad thing that will ever happen to their guild.
90 Orc Monk
Moral of the story? CONTROL YOUR FREAKING MASS RECRUITMENT ADDONS!

Heh. I remember when guilds weren't perk programs. When you formed a guild because you had made a friend in Nagrand to help you kill the Alliance as you attempted to take Halaa back.

Maaaaaaaaaan those were the good days.

Now guilds = perk programs.

I say, continue on.
90 Pandaren Hunter
I'd normally be against what you did, but people who use those addons deserve every bad thing that will ever happen to their guild.

I will NEVER do it to a proper guild, I respect them too much.

To mass recruit guilds, No, screw them.
Edited by Truy on 3/23/2013 3:42 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I am thinking you should keep doing it.
They need robbed.
They need to learn.
90 Undead Mage
I get that the spam recruiting is annoying, I really do.. but to take it upon yourself to go out of your way to screw over as many guilds as you can for doing it is... well I want to say it's just as bad, but frankly it's worse.

Grats, you're a jerk. thanks for coming to the forums to warn us just how much a jerk you are.
90 Night Elf Druid
Continue on. They deserve every loss they get for just mass recruiting.
90 Orc Monk
You honestly win +100 internets for this.

Blizzard ruined the ideas of what a guild means by giving them a sense of "perks" and levels.

I wonder how many bads would be in guilds now if these guilds weren't allowed to have a perks system.....
90 Goblin Warlock
I actually had an alt in that guild. I think they might still be. I didn't know about the free benefits but thanks for the heads up.

I feel bad taking from guilds that are still leveling but those at level 25 with 600+ members that just mass invite... doesn't make sense to me.
32 Troll Druid
I do this with most my alts leveling up on high pop servers. Most of the time, the GM never notices that I've taken over 1K worth of crap within the last 2 weeks.

...His fault, not mine.
Edited by Wildbomb on 3/23/2013 3:48 PM PDT
100 Draenei Shaman
I feel like such a jerk for giggling at this.
90 Orc Warrior
You are a pretty terrible person.
If you want to dog the recruitment addon make a guild yourself and level it!!
Any of you people who do ridiculous things to people who use that add on I want you to start a guild and try to recruit people and get it to 25.
You will not succeed.
" I want a 25 guild" "lol your guild only has 25 people"
"I only join raiding guilds or 2200+ guilds"
"No thanks I am waiting on a friend to invite me"
This is the only response you get. You never will get "Hey sure invite me."
Never. The guild system is really flawed and you don't understand why people use that addon.
They use it because you need a level 25 guild to have a real guild.
Edited by Furytime on 3/23/2013 3:48 PM PDT
28 Undead Mage
LOL
100 Blood Elf Warrior
While I hate the mass recruitment addons too (and really, you can block those, you know?)...and part of me would really like to clap you on the back and say 'well done', the fact of the matter is that you're still being a jerk.

Just because the guild leader is an addon-using tool doesn't mean that you aren't effectively stealing from the rest of the guild as well, and some of them might be halfway decent people.
85 Orc Warlock
I get that the spam recruiting is annoying, I really do.. but to take it upon yourself to go out of your way to screw over as many guilds as you can for doing it is... well I want to say it's just as bad, but frankly it's worse.

Grats, you're a jerk. thanks for coming to the forums to warn us just how much a jerk you are.

They gotta learn sometime. Grants, OP, you're a genius
100 Blood Elf Warrior
Any of you people who do ridiculous things to people who use that add on I want you to start a guild and try to recruit people and get it to 25.
You will not succeed.

Yeah...I disagree. See my level 16 guild? Four people. Got another one allianceside, almost level 18...four people. (And a vast chunk of that one is me doing it myself...)

It's not people that make a guild level, it's participation. Stop wanting everything instantly.
Edited by Ravas on 3/23/2013 3:50 PM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]