Boss Inc. Dmg. Debuffs vs. Atonement

1 Tauren Shaman
03/25/2013 09:16 AMPosted by Taymage
it was not to actually be used to mana regen, but instead was mostly just a filler so you could do something when you didn't feel like / need to heal.
you're joking, right? that is not how TC worked in T13 and there was a reason why top progression rshammies were so against Cataclysm TC.

protip: it wasn't just a filler that you cast "whenever"
Disc has a throughput gap compared to holy that you can only see on the overheal meters. When overhealing is near impossible it goes away.
heroic tortos has an absorb mechanic that every healer utilizes, and holy's healing throughput is higher than disc's healing throughput.

i.e. holy does better than disc on tortos because crystal shell. so no idea what the hell you're talking about
Edited by Kangamooster on 3/25/2013 10:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
it was not to actually be used to mana regen, but instead was mostly just a filler so you could do something when you didn't feel like / need to heal.
you're joking, right? that is not how TC worked in T13 and there was a reason why top progression rshammies were so against Cataclysm TC.

protip: it wasn't just a filler that you cast "whenever"

Protip: learn to read what I actually wrote. Nowhere did I ever suggest LB was used as a filler all the time. In fact, if read the sentence directly before the one you quoted, you will see I thought it was bad in general.

I was telling you what the developers repeatedly said about the purpose of TC whenever the issue came up. They said it was just dps filler, and was not intended to be a mana regen mechanic. That only happened with scaling and on damage modifier fights. Here, let me quote Ghostcrawler for you:

To clear up the history of the mechanic, it was originally intended to be a way for Resto shaman to feel like they could contribute DPS when they didn't need to heal. It wasn't intended as a mana regen mechanic.
Edited by Taymage on 3/25/2013 10:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
heroic tortos has an absorb mechanic that every healer utilizes, and holy's healing throughput is higher than disc's healing throughput.

i.e. holy does better than disc on tortos because crystal shell. so no idea what the hell you're talking about
I mistyped. What I was trying to say... if you look at overhealing it is really obvious that holy has WAY higher raw healing than Disc. And on tortos raw output if fully utilized.
That being said, having 60-90k of DA built up on your before you activate the shield will help prevent it from getting chewed up.

Does holy really have that much more Halo oomph? I know they have chakra for 25%, but wouldn't Archangel's 25% match Holy? Assuming DA+Mastery for disc matches holy mastery.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

I mistyped. What I was trying to say... if you look at overhealing it is really obvious that holy has WAY higher raw healing than Disc. And on tortos raw output if fully utilized.
That being said, having 60-90k of DA built up on your before you activate the shield will help prevent it from getting chewed up.

Does holy really have that much more Halo oomph? I know they have chakra for 25%, but wouldn't Archangel's 25% match Holy? Assuming DA+Mastery for disc matches holy mastery.

Well, the thing is that the absorb part of Disc Mastery isn't guaranteed. That is to say that DA only happens on a crit, and the only reliable way to produce one is Inner Focus every 45 seconds.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Well, the thing is that the absorb part of Disc Mastery isn't guaranteed. That is to say that DA only happens on a crit, and the only reliable way to produce one is Inner Focus every 45 seconds.

That being said, can you IF a Halo???
Reply Quote
03/25/2013 03:14 PMPosted by Methuzla

That being said, can you IF a Halo???

No. Flash Heal, Greater Heal, or Prayer of Healing.
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Shaman
Protip: learn to read what I actually wrote. Nowhere did I ever suggest LB was used as a filler all the time. In fact, if read the sentence directly before the one you quoted, you will see I thought it was bad in general.

I was telling you what the developers repeatedly said about the purpose of TC whenever the issue came up. They said it was just dps filler, and was not intended to be a mana regen mechanic. That only happened with scaling and on damage modifier fights. Here, let me quote Ghostcrawler for you:
That's nice. What was the point of saying what the devs intended it to be? It's clearly not what it ended up being, at ALL.

Your original post was that TC sucked. Like, seriously, the level of stupidity you have to have to post that is insane. Just fyi, Shaman used TC on H Spine, and H Spine has no damage modifiers. That's not the only fight either, but whatever.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage

That's nice. What was the point of saying what the devs intended it to be? It's clearly not what it ended up being, at ALL.

Your original post was that TC sucked. Like, seriously, the level of stupidity you have to have to post that is insane. Just fyi, Shaman used TC on H Spine, and H Spine has no damage modifiers. That's not the only fight either, but whatever.

It kind of did suck without damage modifiers. I understand that many guilds pushing the edge of progression did things like stack a buttload of arcane mages and had their healers dps the tendons on heroic spine, but that's hardly a ringing endorsement of the wonderful effectiveness of TC. In all honesty, I'm pretty sure I used TC for Yor'saj, Spine, and of course madness. Although for us, my use of it on yor'saj and spine had more to do with not needing to heal much during tendon / yor'saj's call of slimes.

I brought up what the developers said the intent was because (and you'd know this if you actually made an attempt to follow the thread) it was relevant to the exchange between sadiemay and morenn.

Sadiemay was wondering why the developers would give a damage + mana return mechanic to priests after taking it away from shaman. ("TC was pretty much broken due to it's mana regen capabilities throughout Cata mostly due to damage modified fights. But then they decide it is okay for other classes to use these same type of mechanics"). Morenn objected on grounds the two aren't similar, because unlike the old TC, there is no scaling issue with Solace. ("The problem with TC was its scaling *and* the fact that mana pools were not capped. Solace does *not* scale and as we are all aware pools are capped"). Since she was talking about mana regen scaling too well with the old TC, I thought it would be relevant to mention what the developers said the original intent was w/r/t mana regen.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]