Prot PvP survivability.

90 Draenei Warrior
In 5.0 and 5.1 i had a lot of fun as Prot in PvP, mainly because i sucked so bad i couldn't stay alive any other way, and i want to maximize my fun in 5.2 with the Prot warrior buffs. It seems to be, past the 58%ish that you get from just wearing PvP gear, stamina gives me the ability to take more damage than PvP resilience does since it DR's and stamina doesn't. I also have a number of defensive abilities that are based on my health such as Rally Cry, Last Stand, and Second Wind.

I can get about another 10% PvP resilience by gemming for it, ignoring socket bonuses that aren't stamina or resilience. So if i were to get hit for my entire health during the duration of a fight, which would be about 470k, I'd save myself an additional 47k over the course of the fight.

But if i gem for stamina, again ignoring socket bonuses that aren't resilience or stamina, I can get to about 550k with my JC gems. So I'd have 80k more health to work with and a difference of 53k health over the resilience option.

If i went stamina I would also be able to better benefit from Second Wind and other health based abilities. But when i was low on health i could get killed by the harder hitting abilities in between second wind ticks.

Let me know what you guys think. This is not for the best prot PvP build, just the most survivable.

Thanks in advance, Xelpmocoge
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Warrior
In 5.0 and 5.1 i had a lot of fun as Prot in PvP, mainly because i sucked so bad i couldn't stay alive any other way, and i want to maximize my fun in 5.2 with the Prot warrior buffs. It seems to be, past the 58%ish that you get from just wearing PvP gear, stamina gives me the ability to take more damage than PvP resilience does since it DR's and stamina doesn't. I also have a number of defensive abilities that are based on my health such as Rally Cry, Last Stand, and Second Wind.

I can get about another 10% PvP resilience by gemming for it, ignoring socket bonuses that aren't stamina or resilience. So if i were to get hit for my entire health during the duration of a fight, which would be about 470k, I'd save myself an additional 47k over the course of the fight.

But if i gem for stamina, again ignoring socket bonuses that aren't resilience or stamina, I can get to about 550k with my JC gems. So I'd have 80k more health to work with and a difference of 53k health over the resilience option.

If i went stamina I would also be able to better benefit from Second Wind and other health based abilities. But when i was low on health i could get killed by the harder hitting abilities in between second wind ticks.

Let me know what you guys think. This is not for the best prot PvP build, just the most survivable.

Thanks in advance, Xelpmocoge

just reroll to other class dude.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
PvP Prot warrior didn't really change much from 5.0 - 5.2, if anything we got a few minor nerfs because of "balancing" done to arms warriors (removal of gag order + longer shockwave CD).

In theory, you would think stacking stam would be great, but the way burst is, yes you may have 80k more health, but it goes away fast.

To put it in perspective, I still get hit for 80-90k chaos bolts fully gemmed for resil
Edited by Pogonip on 3/24/2013 3:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Prot pvp got nerfed hard in MoP, not a "little." Avatar, Gag Order, Heroic Leap, Execute, and Shockwave nerfs all hurt prot pvp even though they were aimed at Arms. In 5.3, we will have to raid to get the best pvp gear, especially if you do wpvp.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]